Photo by Melody

Article: Collard Greens - Washing, Cooking, Eating, Freezing and some healthy "Likker": Collard Greens

Communities > Forums > Article: Collard Greens - Washing, Cooking, Eating, Freezing and some healthy "Likker"
bookmark
Forum: Article: Collard Greens - Washing, Cooking, Eating, Freezing and some healthy "Likker"Replies: 2, Views: 58
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
joy112854
Crestview, FL

October 14, 2009
1:05 PM

Post #7167514

Thank you for this article, I moved to NW FL where there are a lot of southerners who love collards, this fall I decided to plant broccoli, cauliflower and spinach instead of collards, I also planted lettuce, the lettuce is doing well; but the spinacha, cauliflower and broccoli aren't. I wished now, I'd of planted the collards. They grow well here and now with your article, as I'm printing it out, I will know how to prepare them.
joy
Dea
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6a)

October 14, 2009
5:19 PM

Post #7168433

That's great - let us know how you like them this way !
joy112854
Crestview, FL

October 17, 2009
1:53 AM

Post #7177787

Dea: I'm sure I will the recipe sounds great. And I remember my mother using a similar one to it. The neighbors like collards, mustard greens and turnips; but, I never ate many of them, guess I will plant them next time though.
joy

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Collard Greens - Washing, Cooking, Eating, Freezing and some healthy "Likker" Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Great Info! jadajoy 50 Jan 4, 2011 3:52 PM
"Pot Likker" lnorris 1 Oct 9, 2009 4:16 PM
greens are so nice ARWadoo 2 Oct 14, 2009 3:26 PM
Other uses for smallplot 0 Oct 12, 2009 3:29 PM
just tried some... Sundownr 1 Oct 14, 2009 9:04 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America