Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Collard Greens - Washing, Cooking, Eating, Freezing and some healthy "Likker": Collard Greens

Communities > Forums > Article: Collard Greens - Washing, Cooking, Eating, Freezing and some healthy "Likker"
bookmark
Forum: Article: Collard Greens - Washing, Cooking, Eating, Freezing and some healthy "Likker"Replies: 2, Views: 58
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
joy112854
Crestview, FL

October 14, 2009
1:05 PM

Post #7167514

Thank you for this article, I moved to NW FL where there are a lot of southerners who love collards, this fall I decided to plant broccoli, cauliflower and spinach instead of collards, I also planted lettuce, the lettuce is doing well; but the spinacha, cauliflower and broccoli aren't. I wished now, I'd of planted the collards. They grow well here and now with your article, as I'm printing it out, I will know how to prepare them.
joy
Dea
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6a)

October 14, 2009
5:19 PM

Post #7168433

That's great - let us know how you like them this way !
joy112854
Crestview, FL

October 17, 2009
1:53 AM

Post #7177787

Dea: I'm sure I will the recipe sounds great. And I remember my mother using a similar one to it. The neighbors like collards, mustard greens and turnips; but, I never ate many of them, guess I will plant them next time though.
joy

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Collard Greens - Washing, Cooking, Eating, Freezing and some healthy "Likker" Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Great Info! jadajoy 50 Jan 4, 2011 3:52 PM
"Pot Likker" lnorris 1 Oct 9, 2009 4:16 PM
greens are so nice ARWadoo 2 Oct 14, 2009 3:26 PM
Other uses for smallplot 0 Oct 12, 2009 3:29 PM
just tried some... Sundownr 1 Oct 14, 2009 9:04 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America