Photo by Melody

Article: Collard Greens - Washing, Cooking, Eating, Freezing and some healthy "Likker": just tried some...

Communities > Forums > Article: Collard Greens - Washing, Cooking, Eating, Freezing and some healthy "Likker"
bookmark
Forum: Article: Collard Greens - Washing, Cooking, Eating, Freezing and some healthy "Likker"Replies: 1, Views: 40
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

Sundownr

Sundownr
(Bev) Wytheville, VA
(Zone 6a)

October 14, 2009
7:34 PM

Post #7168892

I bought some collard greens just to try them. I went exactly by your instructions and let them cook half a day. The texture is somewhat like shredded parachute pants simmering in a pot of something very tasty, lol. I'm going see if my husband likes them before I go to the trouble of planting some. I love the taste and I will get past the texture eventually. I'm still cooking this pot of greens to see if they'll ever soften up.

I really enjoy trying something new. I can judge the taste better as long as I know I've prepared the dish properly.
Thanks so much for the article of helpful info.
Bev
Dea
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6a)

October 14, 2009
9:04 PM

Post #7169114

LOL!!! It's an acquired taste :)

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Collard Greens - Washing, Cooking, Eating, Freezing and some healthy "Likker" Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Great Info! jadajoy 50 Jan 4, 2011 3:52 PM
"Pot Likker" lnorris 1 Oct 9, 2009 4:16 PM
greens are so nice ARWadoo 2 Oct 14, 2009 3:26 PM
Other uses for smallplot 0 Oct 12, 2009 3:29 PM
Collard Greens joy112854 2 Oct 17, 2009 1:53 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America