-
AuthorContent
sammut
western sydney nsw
Australia

October 14, 2009
11:31 PM

Post #7169688

I used a old length of pipe to make the totem and solar light on top.
Elaine.

Thumbnail by sammut
Click the image for an enlarged view.

UniQueTreasures
Beaumont, TX
(Zone 8b)

October 15, 2009
1:46 AM

Post #7170202

That's cool looking. Can you take a photo at night so we can get the evening effect? As pretty as it is, I'd be wanting to light up the mosaic! HAHAHA

Janet
sammut
western sydney nsw
Australia

October 15, 2009
9:02 AM

Post #7171094

Hi Janet ,
Its 9 P.M. here I have a solar spot light high lighting the totem ----------Elaine.

Thumbnail by sammut

ge1836

ge1836
Pittsford, NY
(Zone 6a)

October 15, 2009
9:46 AM

Post #7171109

clever
UniQueTreasures
Beaumont, TX
(Zone 8b)

October 15, 2009
11:36 AM

Post #7171210

That is really neat. Thanks for taking the nighttime photo. I love it!
sammut
western sydney nsw
Australia

October 15, 2009
9:45 PM

Post #7173007

I have never taken night photo before its here is my little pond at night..----------Elaine

Thumbnail by sammut

UniQueTreasures
Beaumont, TX
(Zone 8b)

October 16, 2009
1:46 AM

Post #7173962

WOW! You have your own mermaid er... um... pond lady!!!

Beautiful yard Elaine. I bet you really enjoy your evenings there. Do you have lots of mosquitoes like we do?
sammut
western sydney nsw
Australia

October 16, 2009
2:11 AM

Post #7174019

Hi , Not alot of mosquitoes the worse is Flys when you eat out side in the day this reminds me I must hang the drapes at the monment we are are having gale force winds this week so not enjoying out side this week last night I took photo of my BBQ area pleased with the look at night sould have tided up first but it has a lived in look.---------Elaine

Thumbnail by sammut

UniQueTreasures
Beaumont, TX
(Zone 8b)

October 16, 2009
3:07 AM

Post #7174198

So, what's for dinner? HAHAHA

That looks like a great place to enjoy a meal. Even the cooking of it.

Is it your summer now?

Janet
sammut
western sydney nsw
Australia

October 16, 2009
3:18 AM

Post #7174231

We are at the start of summer we had a very hot spring but this week it is like winter with strong wind and rain the good part is the water tank is full ready for when the heat starts .--------Elaine
WormsLovSharon
Las Vegas, NV

October 16, 2009
3:55 AM

Post #7174337

Elaine, when we were in Maui they had all these plastic large zip lock bags hanging in the eating area with about 6 pennies in each bag. Something with the sun shining on the bag with the movement of the bag and pennies keeps the flies way. Something about being another flying insect nest that scared them away. They bags were all over Maui and seemed to work. There were none on the trail to Hana. We were over run with flies other insects. Give it a try. Our friend here in Las Vegas with horses tried it and said it was amazing. Go to Google to get the exact directions But we were surrounded by flies while ordering lunch but when we saty down, no flies. I actually asked why the hanging bags of water with pennies.

Samigal

Samigal
(Pegi) Norwalk, CA
(Zone 10b)

October 16, 2009
5:08 AM

Post #7174495

I'm glad you mention the zip lock bag with pennies in it, as I now recall my sister-in-law had one hanging outside her back door. She said she was going to give it a try. I'll have to tell her about everyone using them in Hawaii. I'll have to try it myself because I have a time with the flies once in a while. Wonder who came up with that idea, very clever. She said she got the idea in an e-mail.

Well, Elaine, you have been busy again. Great idea with the solor light. Have to give that one a try. I see some of my neighbors have them around their yard, looks so nice in the evening. Wonder why some neighbors can have them around and others have theirs taken. Me thinks we have a crabby neighbor.
sammut
western sydney nsw
Australia

October 16, 2009
7:27 AM

Post #7174635

Hi - please dont laught but whate colour is a penny I have posted our coin i will start with the big silver one is -----------50 cents
next ----------------------20 cents
----------------------------10 cents
---------------------------1 dollar
------------------------------ 5 cents
----------------------------2 dollars
Sorry did not set them out in order .
I think the colour might be our 2 dollar but not sure ---I dont like useing sprays as soon as I know the colour the bags will go up.
Pegi Thates why I have every thing in my back yard nothing can be seen from the street dont like to speak ill of people sorry to say its a fact of life always one bad apple in the barrell. ---Elaine.

Thumbnail by sammut

the1pony
(Pony) Lakewood, WA
(Zone 8a)

October 16, 2009
7:50 AM

Post #7174643

Elaine, American pennies are made of copper, so your 2 dollar coin is the closest in color. You could probably get American pennies somewhere, it would be a lot cheaper than using $2 coins! (a penny is only one cent)
sammut
western sydney nsw
Australia

October 16, 2009
8:21 AM

Post #7174656

Thanks we used to have a coin 1 cent I think it was made from copper they stoped them a few years ago If I really search I must have some in old money boxes stored away ---thinking gold ribben might work its dark and raining out side will try in the morning . There are coin dealers in the city I could get some from.---------Elaine

Samigal

Samigal
(Pegi) Norwalk, CA
(Zone 10b)

October 16, 2009
6:07 PM

Post #7176074

They have talked about doing away with our penny for several years. I often wonder how that would work out. I have so many pennies, for some reason the younger people don't have much use for them and I end up with them. I used to put them in wrappers (50 cents) and take them to the bank, but now the bank won't take them. An article I googled said how to clean them (many ways) but haven't tried any of them. The poor lonely penny gets no respect.

Another nice day so have to get back to my iron gate and sweet peas. I thought about putting the gate in the back, but DH suggested putting it in one of the front flower beds. I'll just see how that works. If anyone wants to take it they are going to have a hard time getting it out of the ground as DH staked it up pretty good.

sammut
western sydney nsw
Australia

October 16, 2009
8:13 PM

Post #7176503

Our lowest coin is 5 cents The mad part of not having 1 cents is the prices still are EG-=
$ 4:99 so it goes to the next so its $ 5:00 The shops think it looks cheaper 1 cent under the dollar
remember the days when sweets was 2 for penny . --------Elaine.

Samigal

Samigal
(Pegi) Norwalk, CA
(Zone 10b)

October 16, 2009
11:17 PM

Post #7177127

There still are some people who see $4.99 and said it was only $4.00, knew a gal like that. Oh yes, penny candy was the greatest. Those were the days.

Didn't get out to plant my sweet peas as it was so hot. I planned on doing it later when the sun isn't shinning where I want to work. Never know what the weather is going to be from day to day. I think I want the cool weather back.
the1pony
(Pony) Lakewood, WA
(Zone 8a)

October 16, 2009
11:24 PM

Post #7177146

Pegi, you can have my weather if you'll send me your sunshine. It's pouring rain here. ;)

Samigal

Samigal
(Pegi) Norwalk, CA
(Zone 10b)

October 16, 2009
11:31 PM

Post #7177173

I don't want too much rain so we can share rain/sunshine 50/50. I really thought our cool weather would stay, but I should know how it changes overnight.
the1pony
(Pony) Lakewood, WA
(Zone 8a)

October 16, 2009
11:53 PM

Post #7177252

50/50 works for me. We get sun and rain at the same time fairly often here... a real pain to drive in because of the glare, but it means lots of rainbows. :)
sammut
western sydney nsw
Australia

October 17, 2009
12:42 AM

Post #7177432

Its a beautiful day down here in fact its about time we had a day with out strong wind I have had a great start to my day been shopping and fround 2 great pots at $7 each its a quarter whate they were last week and mark down plants and solar lantens hope every one had a good day like mine.
----------------Elaine.

Thumbnail by sammut

the1pony
(Pony) Lakewood, WA
(Zone 8a)

October 17, 2009
12:50 AM

Post #7177469

Those pots are wonderful! I'm guessing you're going to paint or mosaic them, right?
sammut
western sydney nsw
Australia

October 17, 2009
1:01 AM

Post #7177525

Think they will be my next mosaicjob.
I just looked out my window the house 2 away from me has started to put out their Christmas decorations they are keen .----------Elaine.
the1pony
(Pony) Lakewood, WA
(Zone 8a)

October 17, 2009
1:15 AM

Post #7177604

Geez, I'd think they'd want to do Halloween decorations first... LOL!
sammut
western sydney nsw
Australia

October 17, 2009
1:36 AM

Post #7177704

We dont have Halloween here our next big day is a horse race on the first Tues . in Nov. it is called the Melbourne Cup the whole nation stops to listen it is run in Victoria not the state I live they have a holiday thate day . Horses come from around the world to enter - all round the country people bet on it some its the only once a year bet they make.----------Elaine.
the1pony
(Pony) Lakewood, WA
(Zone 8a)

October 17, 2009
1:40 AM

Post #7177735

Yeah? I thought Halloween was everywhere, not just the USA. Shows how dumb I am. LOL

I've heard of the Melbourne Cup- sounds pretty exciting. :)
sammut
western sydney nsw
Australia

October 17, 2009
3:29 AM

Post #7178213

You are not dumb I think its great learning about other countrys and how things are done when you read it in a book it is only words but from others there is more interest and it feels real .
Cup day is unreal a lot manage to go at least once i am lucky I have seen 5 run --now I only watch on TV .
I am one of the once a year have a bet dont follow the form I choose and bet on the colours
the jockey wears it has paid of more than once .It is the best horse on the day .---Elaine

Samigal

Samigal
(Pegi) Norwalk, CA
(Zone 10b)

October 17, 2009
6:24 AM

Post #7178584

Looks like you got a great haul there, Elaine. I have to go through my things and see what I have. Don't want to put any more out since our winter is just around the corner. We should be getting a lot of rain in Jan. & Feb. Some parts of US are getting frost already.

Well, I googled Halloween and was surprised to see how many centuries back it started. The Celtics started it with a festival of the dead. In the 2nd half of the 19th century all the immigrants that came to America to escape the potato famine helped to popularize going from house to house asking for food or money. Today that is our trick or treat. Said people have beem making jack o'lanters at Halloween for centuries. Boy, I never know any of this. I guess the witch came about when ghost stories were being told. Nothing about Salem being mentioned.
It is so so popular now that no matter where you go you find Halloween things. There was a lot more to read, but at least I can say I know a little more about the Holiday. Our city hall has a big party on the huge lawn for kids & parents every year. There have been so many dangerous things being put in cancy & apples that it is almost scary to let your kids go out. Never had to worry about that when I took my kids out.
sammut
western sydney nsw
Australia

October 17, 2009
8:03 AM

Post #7178610

Hi Pegi,
Theres the proof Iam the dumb one did not enter my mind to google it.
Some of my great great great I think thates about enought greats aunts and uncles went to the US
for a new start because of the famine on my fathers side -- and my mothers side they left England
to go to Virginia it was the place to go in 1685 settled at Charles River Virginia later a lot more family moved to the US.
Times had changed so much.in such a short time.----------Elaine
scicciarella
Mona in Metcalfe, ON
(Zone 5a)

October 19, 2009
1:51 PM

Post #7185703

hey we have halloween in canada I think its a north american thing
in europe they celebrate the dead so with torches they go to the cemetaries and pray for the departed

Samigal

Samigal
(Pegi) Norwalk, CA
(Zone 10b)

October 19, 2009
6:52 PM

Post #7186870

All Saints Day and All Souls Day. Praying for departed souls is here too, more of a religious part. Of course, commercialized here and gets more so each year, my opinion.
scicciarella
Mona in Metcalfe, ON
(Zone 5a)

October 19, 2009
7:32 PM

Post #7187013

yup same here the stores want to make money of the kids and my youngest really doesnt need the calories the candy will provide but I cant talk the girls out of it even with an offer of taking them out to do something else
JuneyBug
Dover AFB, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 20, 2009
8:11 PM

Post #7190628

I love your totem! What a good idea to use the pipe! Did the mortar stick well, or did you have to do anything to it to make it stick?
sammut
western sydney nsw
Australia

October 20, 2009
9:00 PM

Post #7190758

Hi Juneybug,
I used Brand name - Easy Tile - its a multi purpose ceramic tiling adhesive thate is used for tiling bathrooms I did not say the pipe is PVC had no problum to stick it was the first one I tryed
the next will be a thinner pipe tryed a lot of differant tiles found they all went on easy I did fit a dish in side so tiles are a inch above the grass so next time I will leave the bottom bare the first 2 ins .hammered a stake in the ground and placed the totem over now it wont blow over this was the first next time I can do a nice patten this one one was just to try if it all worked.
Elaine.
JuneyBug
Dover AFB, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 20, 2009
9:03 PM

Post #7190768

It worked great for a trial peice!
scarediecat
Ashland City, TN

October 20, 2009
10:17 PM

Post #7190977

sammut...love your totem pole. I've been wanting to make one and I also do mosaics - adding the light makes a great combination. Beautiful.
sammut
western sydney nsw
Australia

October 20, 2009
11:32 PM

Post #7191317

Hi .
I was not happy with the light so now have changed to a nother light.
Iam only new to mosaics but found doing them are a lot of fun I started doing small pots first this was the bigest I have tryed. Have a go the good part is its a cheap hobby to start .---Elaine

Thumbnail by sammut

JuneyBug
Dover AFB, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 20, 2009
11:38 PM

Post #7191341

That is nice light! I bet that it looks pretty at night. Glad to hear that this is a cheap hobby to get into as I want to do it too.
sammut
western sydney nsw
Australia

October 21, 2009
12:38 AM

Post #7191545

I will show you whate I use on my work bench is a pot- a tile I have started to smash allways wear saftey goggles when smashing tiles and cover the tile with material little pieces will fly up -adhesive I use a plastic knive to put the adhesive on the tile pieces leave a little space between the tile pieces
for when you grout -- sorry I did not put the grout out its the same as used on wall tiles .
You will find you have most things in the work shed get a pot from the garden give it a clean and of you start -----Elaine

Thumbnail by sammut

Samigal

Samigal
(Pegi) Norwalk, CA
(Zone 10b)

October 21, 2009
3:08 AM

Post #7192212

I'm interested in that solar light, maybe will give it a try. Most everyone uses PVC pipe so guess that is the first type to come to mind. I imagine you could rough it up with some sandpaper, but that's only my opinion. Elaine does great mosaic work, I'm always willing to try. A few solor lights in the back yard would be on poles would be great.
sammut
western sydney nsw
Australia

October 21, 2009
8:24 AM

Post #7192639

Pegi . I did not do any thing to the PVC pipe tiles sticking on was easy .
Love solar lights here are a few boxes of lights waiting to be placed in the yard before xmas plus the tea lights in lantans.----Elaine.

Thumbnail by sammut

JuneyBug
Dover AFB, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 21, 2009
11:31 AM

Post #7192778

Thanks for the picture of the work table and stuff. It helps to see what I need.
I can only imagine what you are going to do with all of those new lights that you've got there...bet it is going to be nice!

Samigal

Samigal
(Pegi) Norwalk, CA
(Zone 10b)

October 21, 2009
6:49 PM

Post #7194167

I'll be looking for boxes of solar lights next visit to Lowe's or Home Depot. Our Thanksgving comes before Christmas and that is when I'll think about Christmas decorations. It seems each year people start decorating a little earlier than the year before. Solor lights will help a lot.
sammut
western sydney nsw
Australia

October 21, 2009
9:48 PM

Post #7194757

Pegi,
I buy my lights when they are on special the trend here is at the end of summer the shops are making space for the heaters so sure its the same all over whate I do is break the cost down never buy unless Iam getting each light $5 at or less most break down to $4 watch the mark down area in the shops here often I have picked up odd ones not boxed -the ones in front not boxed cost $4 the same lights in box break down to $5:50.
There are shops thate sell all the pieces and you put it all to gether I have been told it runs out cheaper but I am not into wire connecting and close work.----------Elaine

Samigal

Samigal
(Pegi) Norwalk, CA
(Zone 10b)

October 22, 2009
3:01 AM

Post #7195875

I may have to wait on sale on solar lights. Will check them out next trip. I don't want to pay full price on them either. Just have to keep my eyes open. I was looking for pads for my swing, but I see every other pad on sale but that one. Guess I may end up buying 3 seperate smaller pads. Wish I was handy at sewing, but alas I never got interested in it. My mom always wanted all of us to sew, guess I was the only one who didn't get involved. Wish I had now.
sammut
western sydney nsw
Australia

October 22, 2009
7:47 AM

Post #7196273

Pegi,
Need a small yard table in a hurry This is 2 draws with a top screwed on and PCV light pole .
Wait you wont be useing the swing in winter maybe they will come into the shop after winter ready for the start of summer.
I would be lost if I could not sew this time in 2007 I bought a little cheap gazebo it fitted the space I had
the birds pecked holes in it after a month so I got curtain materal at $2 a metre with rubber backing
the patten and colour did not worry me made a cover its faded and blown of 2 times in storms I just hand sew it back on it has lasted 2 years next time it blows of I will make a new cover . In fact Tuesday I bought another the same for over the christmas table so I will always have a spare stored away if the frame needs to be replaced.

------------Elaine.

Thumbnail by sammut

ge1836

ge1836
Pittsford, NY
(Zone 6a)

October 22, 2009
8:55 AM

Post #7196305

handy

Samigal

Samigal
(Pegi) Norwalk, CA
(Zone 10b)

October 22, 2009
5:03 PM

Post #7197269

Always busy constructing new projects, Elaine you need to take a rest. LOL DH is slowly getting the tarp put up over the canopy. He has moved my swing and some other things out of his way so things are a mess once again. Just so he gets it up before it decides to rain again.
shelly61
townsville
Australia

November 2, 2009
6:43 AM

Post #7232615

Hey there Elaine, had to tell you both the babies got released from the vets yesterday afternoon, clean bill of health, just need some lovin and they are perfect, I am keeping them for a week or os just to make sure they are really ok and then they are both of to there new homes. So all is well in the world again, well my little world anyway.
have a great day
Shell
JuneyBug
Dover AFB, DE
(Zone 7a)

May 19, 2010
8:15 PM

Post #7809202

This needed bumping up :-) It is a great thread!
sammut
western sydney nsw
Australia

May 19, 2010
10:09 PM

Post #7809523

A up date on the totem pole its been out in all weathers and still looks good now it has a little silver budda sitting on top -----------elaine.

Thumbnail by sammut

ge1836

ge1836
Pittsford, NY
(Zone 6a)

May 20, 2010
1:19 AM

Post #7809656

I was inspired by the mosaic totem and made this 'sparkly garden spike' last winter.
I was experimenting with fused plastic and made a top for it.The fused cap is fading in places.Guess those were more biodegradable than the gold lined coffee bags that were used for detail.

Thumbnail by ge1836

sammut
western sydney nsw
Australia

May 20, 2010
3:05 AM

Post #7809689

I really like the sparkly garden spike I'll store that idea for the future ----------elaine.

ge1836

ge1836
Pittsford, NY
(Zone 6a)

May 20, 2010
3:56 AM

Post #7809713

Easy to decorate a piece of PVC and slip it over a piece of rebar.
sammut
western sydney nsw
Australia

May 20, 2010
4:25 AM

Post #7809754

Thanks I have a few pieces of pvc pipe.

The little table I made from draws back in Oct. last year I now have done mosiac on top .

Juney bug did you try any mosiac.
----elaine.

Thumbnail by sammut

JuneyBug
Dover AFB, DE
(Zone 7a)

May 20, 2010
4:48 AM

Post #7809782

No, I haven't done any thing at all except make plans for what I want to do later. I did a super-huge decluttering/downsizing of all of my household goods and then put most of the remains in storage while I moved from Missouri to Korea.
I really want to do the mosaic totem and to mosaic the flower pots like you did and will be doing it the first year that I get back to all of my "stuff".
denimangle
Oakwood (Butler,TX), TX
(Zone 8b)

June 28, 2011
7:28 PM

Post #8661127

Elaine, you make so many cool things . I would like to know what kind of glue you used on your PVC pipe, im wanting to use glass on some.
thanks
Cheryl
sammut
western sydney nsw
Australia

June 29, 2011
1:47 AM

Post #8661488

Hi Cheryl the glue I use would not be good for glass it is white dry's white - up on Oct. 21 -2009 shows the tile glue I use . the totem has stood up well in all weather.

Here is 3 pots I finished yesterday.----elaine.

Thumbnail by sammut

denimangle
Oakwood (Butler,TX), TX
(Zone 8b)

June 29, 2011
5:47 AM

Post #8661669

:( thanks Elaine guess ill try E6000

Samigal

Samigal
(Pegi) Norwalk, CA
(Zone 10b)

June 29, 2011
8:04 AM

Post #8661867

My DH used the E6000 on a seat belt buckle and it's holding up just fine. He had tried a lot of other glues that didn't work.
denimangle
Oakwood (Butler,TX), TX
(Zone 8b)

June 29, 2011
12:49 PM

Post #8662383

I use a lot of E6000 but not for things that will be outside don't know how it will holdup outside
sammut
western sydney nsw
Australia

June 29, 2011
4:06 PM

Post #8662707

Cheryl, I have used a all purpose adhesive GH-2 its achloroprene cement Rubber based I used when I glass beads on the guitars only in the last few months so dont how it will stand up out in the weather .----elaine

Thumbnail by sammut

bsavage
Dolores, CO
(Zone 5b)

June 29, 2011
7:10 PM

Post #8663038

Elaine, those guitars turned out beautiful, as did the pots!
sammut
western sydney nsw
Australia

June 29, 2011
11:27 PM

Post #8663406

Thank you I like doing the guitars I have the next one here in the office waiting till I have time to start .-----elaine.

Thumbnail by sammut

denimangle
Oakwood (Butler,TX), TX
(Zone 8b)

June 30, 2011
5:18 AM

Post #8663621

love the guitars
sonoranpoet
Cave Creek, AZ
(Zone 9b)

July 13, 2011
5:23 PM

Post #8690809

Elaine, I LOVE those guitars tell me about them...do you just do the front face of them. I've love to do them for a shelf that's high up on my wall. It looks amazing!
sammut
western sydney nsw
Australia

July 14, 2011
12:25 AM

Post #8691313

Sonoranpoet most of the guitars I do face only one some I do the sides .
To-day I started a new one here it is on my work bench .-----elaine.

Thumbnail by sammut

Samigal

Samigal
(Pegi) Norwalk, CA
(Zone 10b)

July 14, 2011
5:02 PM

Post #8692663

Elaine, I haven't seen any guitars lately in my "travels" you do such a great job with them. I've been jumping around so much on the sites, have to slow down a bit and see everything everyone is making.
sammut
western sydney nsw
Australia

July 14, 2011
6:35 PM

Post #8692824

Pegi its so cold down here long time since we had such a cold Winter -- this last guitar I'm working on had luck got it on E Bay for $9:50 worked a little more on it this morning starting to look good.--------elaine

Thumbnail by sammut

sammut
western sydney nsw
Australia

July 15, 2011
2:02 PM

Post #8694348

waiting to be grouted.-------elaine.

Thumbnail by sammut

Samigal

Samigal
(Pegi) Norwalk, CA
(Zone 10b)

July 15, 2011
8:21 PM

Post #8695102

A good job, as usual. Love that butterfly on it.
sammut
western sydney nsw
Australia

July 15, 2011
8:45 PM

Post #8695122

Peggi - Thanks After doing 9 guitars about time I looked for some thing new to work on .
--elaine.

Thumbnail by sammut

Samigal

Samigal
(Pegi) Norwalk, CA
(Zone 10b)

July 16, 2011
1:18 PM

Post #8696132

They are all so lovely, been thinking I like the one you did last the best. Very hard to pick a best one.

Going through some old white tile that we tore off the kitchen counters a couple years ago. Most are in very good shape so I'm throwing the ones with chips in the trash. Saw some tiles that someone made lovely mosaic tiles for her yard.
sammut
western sydney nsw
Australia

July 16, 2011
3:16 PM

Post #8696297

Pegi STOP dont throw the chiped tiles in the trash you use them --lay a old towel out put the tile on fold the towel over to cover the tile -- take a hammer and hit where the tile is now you have shards -.go get a flower pot glue the shards on to cover the pot leave for about 24 hours to dry --mix some grout with a little water slowly till it is as thick as porrage then rub it all over getting in to all the spaces between the tile in a few minutes you will see it drying looks like a covering of powder -- go get a bucket of water and sponge or cloth with damp sponge clean the exess dry grout of-- when the tile is clean -- rub with sry material to polish the tile . Result nice new flower pot.-------------elaine.

Thumbnail by sammut

Samigal

Samigal
(Pegi) Norwalk, CA
(Zone 10b)

July 16, 2011
8:33 PM

Post #8696775

LOL, OK will keep the chipped tiles, but I'll have to add more to it as these tiles ae all white. I broke a coffee cup today, it cracked right after I filled it with coffee. It is a pretty blue so I'll save it to add to the white. In otherwords, when I break something don't throw it away!!

I was moving these tiles to another location because there is a metal frame I had it stacked on that I want to drag out, clean up and give it a new coat of paint. I told DH I thought about doing that, just wait until he sees that I've put it in the back yard. It should be a good stand for a couple of my styrofoam planters.
JuneyBug
Dover AFB, DE
(Zone 7a)

July 18, 2011
4:38 PM

Post #8700401

I really love the guitars ♥
biddy52
BROOKFIELD
Australia

May 14, 2012
6:29 PM

Post #9124037

sammut wrote: Thanks we used to have a coin 1 cent I think it was made from copper they stoped them a few years ago If I really search I must have some in old money boxes stored away ---thinking gold ribben might work its dark and raining out side will try in the morning . There are coin dealers in the city I could get some from.---------Elaine

We had 2c and 1c coins - you might still find some around!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Trash to Treasure Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
here's my little treasure wheel Gourd 67 Jul 14, 2013 12:59 PM
Thank you Terry for this forum! Tradewind_64 26 Apr 17, 2010 4:52 AM
My second plant stand Vee8ch 30 Oct 18, 2007 12:48 AM
A Filigris Arbor Made from Trash ButterflyChaser 58 Sep 4, 2010 8:25 PM
Pretty in Pink Vee8ch 17 Jun 6, 2008 10:38 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America