Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: One plus one equals $10,000 ? ! ?: hybridizing lilies

Communities > Forums > Article: One plus one equals $10,000 ? ! ?
bookmark
Forum: Article: One plus one equals $10,000 ? ! ?Replies: 1, Views: 27
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
lilianrose
Eastpointe, MI

October 15, 2009
9:38 PM

Post #7172993

Hi April,
One plus one equals $10,000 ? ! ? is a wonderful article! Thank you for writing it.

I am a homeschooling mom with 3 active sons who often putter around the yard with me as I plant and transplant, but vanish when I say the word "weeding"!! I've often thought it would be a fun science project for us to learn how to hybridize a plant, but I had no idea it is done, which plants to use, or how difficult it is. Having read this article, I am inspired to try it with my boys this spring. Could you please suggest some books that I can begin reading now to get acquainted with the process and tell me if some daylilies are easier to work with than others, and if so, which plants to try.

I appreciate any help you can offer.

Thank you,
lilianrose

Aunt_A

October 16, 2009
2:21 AM

Post #7174050

lilianrose,

More power to you for homeschooling and doing it right!!!

One of my sisters homeschooled and her (now grown) kids are doing great in the world.

I'm really not sure about any books, but I would like to suggest DavesGarden and the many, many forums with kind people that will guide you along the way. Join DG if you aren;t already a member. You and your children can learn a lot her at DG.

It seems like Daylilies are one of the easier plants; some plants are quite difficult.

If you d-mail Lisa, she has lesson plans that she may share. I don't know if she charges.

I'm not the expert; just the one blessed to be able to write about the expert!

^_^

Thanks for reading and commenting.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: One plus one equals $10,000 ? ! ? Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Happy Birthday Lilydaydreamer! Aunt_A 13 Oct 20, 2009 12:57 PM
great Article gardenglory 6 Oct 15, 2009 1:30 AM
What a wonderful story gloriag 5 Nov 6, 2009 3:51 AM
daylillies daphnep 1 Oct 15, 2009 12:01 AM
can we multiply you? mybrigadoon 1 Nov 6, 2009 3:52 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America