Picture thread

Social Circle, GA(Zone 8a)

I will get the other animals tomorrow, I've almost gotten ready for winter....chickens are in the barn! Phew!

KK/Khaos is as snarky as ever

Thumbnail by Jenks

He was a blur. Glacia was working with Cyn.

Thumbnail by Jenks

New gadget

Thumbnail by Jenks

Lacy comes rather than Cyn and gets scritches.

Thumbnail by Jenks

She can't see me - what if I don't wanna?

Thumbnail by Jenks

Chickens

Thumbnail by Jenks

Lazy dawgs

Thumbnail by Jenks

Later!

Thumbnail by Jenks
South Hamilton, MA

Glad that KK still has his dark mane. Very stricking looking.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Love the pictures!! KK is still my favorite coloring wise. lol

I went riding in Iowa Saturday and got a few pics. Had fun even with mishaps. lol. Will try to get the pics downloaded this week.

You all need to post some too! Updated, random shots...

Pep, riding? MUST SEE!!!

(Sheryl) Gainesboro, TN(Zone 6b)

Wow, KK's face has really elongated - I never noticed him looking so Arab before...

I don't have any pics of me riding but I do have pics of the horses. If my sister gives the ok I will also post a few of her and my neice riding. Kinda hard to get a pic of yourself riding when you're the one with the camera. LOL

The mare in the front is Baby and Dory is the paint behind her. Baby's the one I rode. The saddle you see is one that kept slipping on me. The buddy saddle on the back never wants to stay on either. My saddle did finally slip when we hit the brush. My neice was riding with me and her's went first then next thing I know I'm on the side of the mare. Before anyone could get to me it was completely on her side and I had to fall to the ground right next to my neice. Baby just moved a bit away from us but nver shied or acted up. I was pretty impressed. lol. The weird thing about the saddle is that it was so tight that my father had to use pliers to get the cinch loose enough to right the saddle back up on her.

I got back on and my neice got behind me and we made it a little further before it started slipping again. My father fixed it, I went to get on, it slips again. He fixes it and I just told him since he was right there he should go ahead and test it. He did and it almost went under Baby. So he switched saddles with me and he used the saddle that I had used. My neice rode double with him since her saddle was causing so much trouble too.

Thumbnail by pepper23

Flood is on the left, and Dory on the right. Dory is supposed to have a December or January foal. And no it was not a planned pregancy. lol. Flood has only been ridden 4 times since the owner bought him and you would never know it riding him. My sister rode him and the only things he didn't like were manhole covers and going down a curb. You also have to be quick to get on him. As soon as he feels a hint of your weight he starts to take off and he moves quickly. At one point I was shoving him towards my sister so she could get on and he would just bounce right back. My father (who is in the pic) had to go over there and get him still long enough for her to mount. She also says that his gait is a bit rough. A back and forth motion instead of side by side.

Dory is an older, seasoned mare and we expected her to be the best behaved but she was the least best behaved. She would just act up a little bit over something and my father would have to straighten her out. But she wasn't too bad. Could have been worse so no major complaints with her. She and my sister aren't good riding compaions though. lol

Thumbnail by pepper23

Sounds like you need a real 'family' horse for that saddle! LOL A long backed, real family horse!

Did you have fun?

Cyn got a bit today!

Thumbnail by Jenks

KK got a spin too - he's such a bugger...

Thumbnail by Jenks

trotty - see how normal his head looks? It's in the angle I think. I'll try to catch Lacy at that same angle as KK was and see if I can make her look like an arab!

This message was edited Oct 24, 2009 4:29 PM

Thumbnail by Jenks
South Hamilton, MA

Your horses are good looking. I forget how old each one is.

Thank you! Khaos will be 4 in January and Cyn will be 4 in March. I cannot believe it.

South Hamilton, MA

It will be interesting to see how they develop. Jumper 2 rode Alice the other day & said that she didn't remember how out of balance she was.
since you have your boys from such an early age, that will not happen. It can be fun to see them grow up.

Post some pics (all of you) - I think we are past due for Stormy, Lucas, Mac, and the gang.

Iris: Are you still making your saddle pads? Christmas is coming....

South Hamilton, MA

Jumper 2 does the saddle pads. I can darn socks, sew on buttons & that's it. She did NOT get her sewing skills from me. Great picture of KK's dapples, by the way.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

Nice pics. I still make the saddle pads. This is DD's newest one. Got to have fun somehow!

Thumbnail by jumper2

Sorry I confused you two!!! I like the flames.....Dmailing you!

South Hamilton, MA

Luckily we are not using our real names which are the same. The pads are lovely & useful.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

We are related, irisMA is my mom.

I remembered that! Just switched ya!

South Hamilton, MA

giggle, giggle.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images