Hard to believe how time has flown, but the16th DG annual photo contest has begun! Find the details here. Best wishes to all the entrants!!!

Penzey Spiceswhat do you have to buy from them?

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

I'm trying to come up with my first order--I've been fighting it--because I'm sure I'll love it and have to keep buying from them:lol:

Just curious to know what if anything have become seasoning staples in your pantries.

Plano, TX

i've come to love chinese five spice--kind of like pumpkin pie spice but better

St. Helens, OR(Zone 8b)

Overall I like his sister's company a bit better (originally the company his parents started). But some things I still buy from Penzey's. I haven't found any buttermilk (i.e. "ranch") dressing we like better than Penzey's. And the pickling spice is very good, though you have to like star anise. It's a more expensive blend compared to the usual.

North Richland Hills, TX

I like their blue cornmeal... but it helps that I'm near Fort Worth so I can just pop in for this and that rather than making a big order. I'm a big fan of five spice, and cumin is a staple herb in this house.

Clay Center, KS(Zone 5b)

Their shallot pepper has French tarragon in it and makes a wonderful addition to sauces if you like tarragon. The salt free Mural of Flavor is great. Most of my spices are from Penzey's. (I love shopping there when we go to Kansas City)

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

Thanks everyone--and thanks for the link:) Didn't know there was another sister business:)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.