Photo by Melody

Weather: Are you an evil warm climate dweller?

Communities > Forums > Weather
bookmark
Forum: WeatherReplies: 3, Views: 55
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
nomosno
San Diego, CA
(Zone 10b)

October 19, 2009
6:57 AM

Post #7185122

It is that time of the year again. I find myself making light asides in my conversation with friends and relatives living in cold climates about, oh, like complaining about the cost of getting my queen palm trimmed. They call me to see how I'm doing and I tell them that I'm fine just a bit sweaty from barbecuing. They ask me when I'm going to visit them and I hem and haw, saying well, maybe in April when the weather gets "more tolerable" and I lament on the fact that I don't own gloves.

Am I the only such evil soul or there are others out there like me?
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

October 25, 2009
5:29 PM

Post #7206856

I'm sure that your friends and relatives get great comfort in telling themselves that they like living in a place where there is a change of seasons. As if we live in the low elevation equatorial tropics. We have change of seasons, we just don't have snow.

Photo is fall in zone 10a.

Thumbnail by Kelli
Click the image for an enlarged view.

AngelSong
Victoria, TX
(Zone 9b)

November 11, 2009
9:44 PM

Post #7264656

I'm only ugly about it when there's griping & whining that "it's too cold & windy" or "it's icy out and the roads are terrible!"

My response is usually "Oh yeah.. I feel for ya.. It's 75 and Sunny here."

That's not always fun when I get it in return while it's Heat Index near 110-120F and so humid here I sweat just opening the back door... LOL
podster
Deep East Texas, TX
(Zone 8a)

November 18, 2009
12:47 PM

Post #7285751

Me too! Me too! My dear Mon asks when I'm coming home for Christmas??? I always say when it falls in July. On the other hand, I hate to brag about how nice our winters are... the snow birds will all move in with me. I get enough of them already. LOL

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Weather Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Boring Hurricane Boards? Floridian 106 Jul 24, 2011 12:43 PM
Big Feb Storm CountryGardens 54 Mar 3, 2007 2:39 PM
Yipee It's March!! Daily Weather sugarweed 206 Mar 9, 2007 4:58 AM
Deadly Tornado hits Alabama henryr10 22 Mar 5, 2007 5:01 PM
Help!!! Something's eating the moon!!!! Resin 10 Mar 6, 2007 4:42 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America