Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Georgia Gardening: Fruit Suggestions

Communities > Forums > Georgia Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Georgia GardeningReplies: 8, Views: 90
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
BronxBoy
Lawrenceville, GA
(Zone 7b)

October 19, 2009
1:04 PM

Post #7185560

I need to know of a good local source for some fruit plants such as blackberries, raspberries and strawberries.

Thanks
BB
starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

October 19, 2009
8:48 PM

Post #7187327

Shoot. Forgot to see all what they had, but Isons ove r in Newnan is excellent for fruit trees and such. Have beenthere sevral times myself and gone with friend s to pick up stuff and even had friends order from Texas from them large numebrs for field productions.

http://www.isons.com/
Farmerdill
Augusta, GA
(Zone 8a)

October 19, 2009
10:06 PM

Post #7187599

Ison's is a good Georgia Company, their specialty is Muscadines at which they are unsurpassed. Johnson's http://www.johnsonnursery.com/ at Elijay a couple hours north of you has a better selection of fruit trees. These are two in Georgia that are not pure resellers that I can recommend.
BronxBoy
Lawrenceville, GA
(Zone 7b)

October 20, 2009
9:51 AM

Post #7189219

Thanks
pprice256
Ranburne, AL
(Zone 8b)

October 21, 2009
7:21 PM

Post #7194270

You should have musadine and blackberry growing wild.I do every where.If you would like some in the Spring let me know.I do not know with the cold weather if you could ship now. Let me know.The blackberries are huge here. We even have huckleberries bushes (small blueberries) thanks in advance Porsha
girlgroupgirl

October 21, 2009
8:22 PM

Post #7194446

I also like Bottoms, although possibly they re-sell? They have nice plants though, and very good prices.
Personally, I like Johnsons the best - they are very nice people, the trees are of excellent size and very nice quality.
BronxBoy
Lawrenceville, GA
(Zone 7b)

October 22, 2009
2:13 AM

Post #7195706

Triple G

Are they pretty helpful with giving advice?

BB
starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

October 22, 2009
11:13 AM

Post #7196411

BB.. Here another place. This is not local, btu it the place Bernie told me about and I got mine and they had great price s and beautiful plants and I haven't lost one yet and they giv e ya all kinds of growing instructions too and a good selection and shipping wasn't bad either.

http://www.inberry.com

ya may have to copy and paste it, since I typed it. I going to get more plants from them this year for sure. They have a catalog too, don't remmebr if ya cna order the catalog on lien or not, but they do sen done with yoru orders.
girlgroupgirl

October 23, 2009
8:47 PM

Post #7201197

Bottoms are OK with advice - my friend has been dealing with them directly has found the owner "challenging" to deal with.
Johnson's is FABULOUS however, I found 99% of their growing advice is geared towards someone living in the N. GA Mountains (as are many of their fruit choices). Eg. They offer some dwarf blueberries that will not fruit here.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Georgia Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Favorite Local Nursery? violabird 23 Apr 17, 2007 9:17 PM
Corn Gluten Meal SusanCalvert 10 Aug 11, 2009 7:40 PM
wild roses teateacher 11 Jun 1, 2007 4:31 PM
Grass out, Moss in soupcon 15 May 14, 2008 4:28 PM
powdery mildew remedies soupcon 4 May 31, 2007 3:10 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America