Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Scrapbooking and Paper Crafts: Looking to Recreate these

Communities > Forums > Scrapbooking and Paper Crafts
bookmark
Forum: Scrapbooking and Paper CraftsReplies: 17, Views: 103
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 19, 2009
2:39 PM

Post #7185875

I'm looking to recreate something like this picture. I have the ribbon but need the little thing in the middle. It doesn't have to say love, but I need something in the center of the ribbon, I thought these would be cute. But I need to buy them by the 50 or l00 not l0 to 20 like you find in the scrapbook stores.

Does anybody have any web sites that one could buy something like this at?

Their to go on little 3 x 3 x 2 inch boxes for something i'm making. The box looks blank, duh, cause it is nothing but a white box, and I"d like to dress it up a bit without over spending.

If I can't find anything like that, I may just do a bow on it.

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Click the image for an enlarged view.

n2birds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN
(Zone 7a)

October 19, 2009
2:53 PM

Post #7185931

KA - don't you ever post that you need any scrapbooking stuff again...you just damil me and tell me what you need. I will be happy to do them for you.
Give me size, and colors, etc. and let me see what I can come up for you.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 19, 2009
3:01 PM

Post #7185962

LOL What are you talking about? YOu do this sort of thing? I didn't know that I'm dmailing you. I'm on the net today searching for supplies and such for my next project requested by KIM LOL

ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

October 19, 2009
3:16 PM

Post #7186029

n2birds, I didn't know you were a scrapper. Do you have a cricut? I do and I love it but haven't used it all summer. I'll probably get back to scrapbooking in another month or two.

If she can't help you, KathyAnn, let me know. I've probably got a cricut cartridge with something similar.

NancyAnn
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 19, 2009
3:23 PM

Post #7186050

She just dmailed me she does have several cartridges . and a cricut thingy LOL you can tell I don't know a thing about scrapbooking. Amber loves that sort of thing. But goodness gracious, I don't need another hobby for sure. my DH would divorce me. I do see myself getting into scrapping though. but have refrained.
ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

October 19, 2009
3:26 PM

Post #7186067

Ah, just give in, Kathy. Be a scrapper. It's about as much fun as gardening and gives you something to do all winter. I generally scrapbook from about Dec to Mar, then it's back to gardening. Nothing interferes with gardening, ya know. LOL
n2birds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN
(Zone 7a)

October 19, 2009
3:27 PM

Post #7186073

Hey Nancy Ann. Yep - I have the original cricut & the cricut expression and about 30 diff. cartridges. I usually don't do much scrapbooking myself during the summer, but I'll use them for other projects. Most of my actual scrapbooking I do is fall/winter, when I am not able to be in the garden.lol. I have a step-daughter that comes up with all sorts of projects throughout the year for me to work on. These are the latest I used mine for - for her home-school room.

Thumbnail by n2birds

n2birds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN
(Zone 7a)

October 19, 2009
3:30 PM

Post #7186088

And for another grand-daughter...

Thumbnail by n2birds

ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

October 19, 2009
3:36 PM

Post #7186114

You better watch out; that granddaughter will be taking over your cricut before long. LOL Did you get the SCAL program? I have it but haven't played around with it yet. It's supposed to make buying cartridges obsolete as you can then cut any image on the net that you can find or any image you can create, including any font you can download.
n2birds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN
(Zone 7a)

October 19, 2009
3:54 PM

Post #7186187

No - don't have that - nor do I want to know about it since I have so much already invested in cartridges. lol. shhhhh- don't tell me about something new. So many others use my scrapbooking room too that it probably wouldn't work as well for how we use the room because as of now - I don't have a computer in there. lol. I say I won't do digital pages either, but that is now, who knows what I may be doing a year from now... Never, say never, huh ?

What do you mostly scrapbook Nancy Ann? The only "true" books I have done, are of my dogs. lol Funny, with 11 grandkids - maybe I should start at least one of them.
ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

October 19, 2009
4:45 PM

Post #7186383

Well, I want it ALL! LOL The cartridges are convenient, which is why I haven't messed with the SCAL, but they're expensive and I'm not buying anymore of them...unless they come out with a halloween one. That's the only one I'm waiting on. The fonts I'll learn to do with my SCAL since I have about 200 unique fonts (birthday cakes, balloons, pumpkins, animals, etc) on my pc.

I am the family photographer/historian. So I scrapbook all our family photos. For my brother's 50th bday last year, I took all of the photos he had of his life (about 100) and got family to contribute more and I had taken a bunch and had those on my computer. So I scrapbooked all of those. I threw him a surprise party and had all the pages decorating the walls in the dining room. Guests loved looking them over and reminscing. Even some of his high school friends were here and of course they recognized his graduation picture and that "cool dude" with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth leaned up against that 76 Chevy pickup. After the party, I put all the pages in an album and gave it to him. He loved it and I add photos to it when something fun happens, like him driving a race car last weekend.

I've scrapbooked all my son's photos and actually made two large scrapbooks--one that he has with him and one that I keep. His wife loves the scrapbook because she can get to know him from the very beginning.

I've also scrapbooked all my photos, family photos, my gardens, garden parties and tours, Red Hat Society gatherings, etc. I'm uptodate up until the last three years. Maybe I can get those scrapped this winter. If I have a photo, I figure it needs to be scrapbooked. LOL

Below is one of the walls of scrapbook pages I did for my brother's album. His party theme was Over the Hill, thus the black background. Above the photos is "Aging to Perfection". LOL

Thumbnail by ButterflyChaser

n2birds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN
(Zone 7a)

October 19, 2009
5:07 PM

Post #7186480

WOW - awesome job and what a great idea! I forgot about your son, the country music singer. I bet his wife does enjoy looking at his life thru your works. You do way more than I could even think about having the time to do. I am a very slowwww scrapbooker, as is my daughter. Hopefully when I quit work, I can let loose some of my creative juices. However, quitting work, means not spending money here, so don't know how creative I can be. lol.
ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

October 19, 2009
5:35 PM

Post #7186574

I never do anything half-way; it's all or nuthin'. I'm sure it's because I'm a Type A personality--everything must be neat and organized. So I scrapbook every photo and landscape every inch of my yard because of some "character flaw". LOL And scrapbooks make great gifts. I could have gotten my brother a fishing lure or some such thing, but he treasures his scrapbook much more. One of his friends said everytime he comes over, my brother makes him look at the album. LOL

My son actually prefers to do rock and pop. He did country when he was in Nashville. He's in Northern Ireland now and writes and sings his own stuff. He sounds a lot like John Mayer who happens to be his idol at the moment.

KathyAnn, forgive us for taking over your post. Sooooo sorry!!!
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 19, 2009
7:26 PM

Post #7186984

Are you kidding, taking over the thread? No way! This is fun. You guys do awesome jobs. I love the photos.

And My job (sewing job) takes over my life from about November to March, and leaves me no extra time what so ever, sometimes putting in 60 hrs a week. with all the extra I already do, I'm not sure what's gonna take place, and now I do all the embroidery at Athlete's choice as well as all their extras, it was all the extra work that kept me so busy last year. so It will be all I can do to make money this winter. LOL I need to since Danny's not working .
ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

October 19, 2009
8:42 PM

Post #7187299

Maybe you should teach Danny a new skill and send him off to Athlete's job so you can be a housewife again. LOL Seriously, I'm sorry the economy is so bad that he's out of work. Is he going stir-crazy? He used to work all the time didn't he?
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 19, 2009
8:51 PM

Post #7187346

Yes he's going stir crazy, I'm having to fight over computer time with him, imagine that. How dare he take my puter away from me LOL He's out in the shop now working on the camper.

And He is still hoping to get on the pipeline. The guys that are going to try to get him on are still laid off righ tnow. . So it's just a waiting game I guess. Something will come up sooner or later for him.

I don't think I was ever a housewife even when I was a housewife. Now that I have a job in town and I absolutely love the work, I wouldn't dare quit even if I didn't need the money. Good jobs that you love are so hard to come by.
ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

October 20, 2009
12:29 AM

Post #7188147

I'm glad you like your job, Kathyann. It's hard to find a good job that you actually like. I hope Danny gets on the pipeline soon. I know it doesn't help him to know that millions of people are in his shoes. That's funny that you have to fight over the computer now. It's a good thing he has a shop to play in. LOL
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

October 20, 2009
1:17 AM

Post #7188395

LOL he says he can't afford to do anything out there so he doesn't spend much time out there LOL . He could always go clean it .

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Scrapbooking and Paper Crafts Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Digital Scrapbooking 4xthefun 28 Nov 20, 2012 2:29 PM
How to...handmade cards? jh_gardens 37 Aug 22, 2009 12:50 AM
Anyone know how to make seed embedded paper, fancy and cute? branka 10 Apr 20, 2008 9:14 PM
Links for card designs?? ggd 9 Jul 29, 2008 1:53 PM
Card Making ggd 28 Apr 17, 2010 7:59 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America