Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Leaf peepers - what are they and what do they do?: European Leaf Peepers Missing a Bet

Communities > Forums > Article: Leaf peepers - what are they and what do they do?
bookmark
Forum: Article: Leaf peepers - what are they and what do they do?Replies: 2, Views: 19
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
eskarp
Albuquerque, NM

October 19, 2009
7:25 PM

Post #7186979

The most beautiful leaf color display I ever saw (and my family had a summer cabin on Lake Superior so every fall we saw some spectacular color changes) was in October in Europe when my father and I arrived at the Ardennes near Bastogne at the peak of the fall season. The mountainous terrain "layered" the colors as far as the eye could see. Why on earth don't Europeans take a look at Belgium leaves?

carrielamont

carrielamont
Milton, MA
(Zone 6a)

October 19, 2009
8:49 PM

Post #7187339

I don't know why they aren't marketed the way ours are, but take a look at this article:
http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/view/1721/
I love to see the view you describe in Bastogne someday!
linnea56
Buffalo Grove, IL

October 20, 2009
3:27 AM

Post #7188821

I enjoyed the whole article. I also read the NY Times article linked, and was interested in checking out some of the fall color websites referenced…but THAT article is 6 years old! With all the internet growth in the last few years, there must be additional and more recent websites to check out! I live in the Midwest…surely there must be some that cover this area? Anyone know of any?

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Leaf peepers - what are they and what do they do? Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
I Resemble That Remark dahlianut 11 Oct 16, 2009 7:14 PM
I'm a peeper, you're a peeper, would... vossner 28 Oct 3, 2011 6:17 PM
Jeepers Creepers Where Did Ya Get those phicks 7 Oct 16, 2009 6:40 PM
Tree frogs - Leaf peepers Liquidambar2 16 Oct 19, 2009 7:32 PM
You're invited to Northern Cal to peep ibdense 1 Oct 19, 2009 7:28 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America