Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Cut Flowers and Floral Design: Flowerpot Cafe #25

Communities > Forums > Cut Flowers and Floral Design
bookmark
Forum: Cut Flowers and Floral DesignReplies: 182, Views: 790
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 21, 2009
12:05 PM

Post #7192843

Your wish is my command Terri.
We came from here!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1028020/#new

Thumbnail by haighr
Click the image for an enlarged view.

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 21, 2009
12:17 PM

Post #7192868

BTW Terri, this is Fritz !

Thumbnail by haighr

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 21, 2009
12:28 PM

Post #7192904

POOOOF!

Hi haighr, a...hiya Fritz (blush, blush!)...remember me?

Well, I brought over the arrangements given to terris mum.

I am wondering if terri would not mind if we let Broomhilder be a temporary hire. She is a wizz at cleanup and can only stay until midnite 10/31 and she will twitch her nose for free? She does dishes, vacuuming and dusting so fast... its incredible!

Thumbnail by BLOSSOMBUDDY

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 21, 2009
12:35 PM

Post #7192927

Fritz, haighr, everyone, meet Broooomhilder.

Fritz, be a dear and take her out to the broomcloset and keep her there (locked up) for a little while and show her around.

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 21, 2009
12:37 PM

Post #7192930

I say Broomhilder stays as long as we can have her. 10/31/ is right around the corner and if we could convince her to stay a while after that, so be it. Terri will be thrilled I am sure since we are shorthanded around here.

Hey BB perhaps Broomhilder and Fritzy hit it off and well you know what I am thinking perhaps a spring wedding in the works???
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 21, 2009
2:16 PM

Post #7193254

LOL! Fantastic...that would be fun...its gonna bea strange pick for their colors!

I do hear some thumping going on in the broomcloset and so knock on wood, there will be a match made in cyber heaven! She must be trying on a new broom!

Hmmm... wonder what their kids would look like! LOL!

Let us know the date! Its sure to be a whirlwind affair!

I need to get to work now, but will be back later. The cybersemi is coming so someone has to man the dock.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 22, 2009
12:48 AM

Post #7195371

Hi everyone! Thanks for the new cafe' Candee, those cakes look so yummy!
Hope elle finds her way here!!! Fritz is a bit scary, no wonder Plantgeek got frightened away... haha!

Broomhilder stays!!! she cleans properly? send her down to the beach please, I need the sand sweeping!!

Thumbnail by terriculture

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 22, 2009
1:30 AM

Post #7195506

She is off! Um with Fritz! hmmm them two, an item already!

I will message her and get her quickly!

What a lovely veiw there terri! I brought the other arrangement for the viranda!

The cyber semi is on the street and ready to unload! It came of the boat safe and sound and all the new florals and crafts are on it!

I need to go secure the boat so no fair starting the parties without me!

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 22, 2009
11:56 AM

Post #7196474

Very serene, as many times as I have been to the cafe, I never once went out and looked at the beach and water, I always wondered where that little door from the powder room led and now I know! I'll be spending more time watching the water now. Think we should put a few tables out there or should we just stick to beach blankets???
Are you sure you need any more crafts BB, sounds to me like you already have more projects than you know what to do with???
Fritz and Broomhilder are really fond of each other. I saw them in the broom closet earlier and they both looked a bit startled to see me! I don't care what they do long as the cooking and cleaning gets done and if they do it with sassy smiles on their faces, all the better!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 22, 2009
1:34 PM

Post #7196723

Sounds like a plan for the happy couple.

I think beach blankets are a great idea, but I think we also need something to set food and drink on due to the sand. How about also getting those large umbrellas. The sun can be nasty.

Well, your probably right on on the projects, but sounds fun anyway!

Well, I need to get going, going to be a busy few days so I wil probably be scarce. Hope elle and the rest of the gang made it ok. I will see everyone later.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 22, 2009
11:44 PM

Post #7198455

Hi everyone!

Hope you managed to see the cafe sign on the beach before the tide came in Candee!
I've made some 'grassy bouquets' to decorate the place!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 23, 2009
12:25 AM

Post #7198629

Found a table for you to dance on ...

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 23, 2009
12:36 AM

Post #7198678

Fancy a cuppa?

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 23, 2009
1:13 AM

Post #7198843

I wonder if anyone will arrive on the next ferry?

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 23, 2009
1:22 AM

Post #7198885

Hi terri!

I kind of have my arms full of parcels.. been unloading the cybersemi off the ferry...WOW, you sure did get a lot of new floral supplies! Winter should be fun crafting! Where shall I put these?

Mind if I take that soft chair over their and put my feet up and have a cuppa with you? (__)? Im pretty tired so if I doze off you will have to pardon me!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 23, 2009
1:56 AM

Post #7199039

Hi Blossom!

Looks like we've got loads of parcels to open, great! crafty stuff to keep us busy this winter..
There's an old shed in the pinewoods, maybe they could go in there for now? but... Candee will probably say that we need permission to store them there so just ask her where to put them, that's the safest bet, yano how fussy she is about stuff.. lol!!

Sugar?

soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

October 23, 2009
5:30 AM

Post #7199586

Hey Gang - I just got off the ferry. Look what I found - a new friend!!! Maybe he/she will be able to keep the snails in the cafe garden in check???

Thanks for the cuppa and sugar. But that table is just a wee bit too small and rough for dancing LoL

Thumbnail by soilsandup

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 23, 2009
2:10 PM

Post #7200145

Whaaat is that soils? Looks pretty scary to me!

How have you been?
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

October 23, 2009
6:42 PM

Post #7200849

That, BB, is a baby alligator. When I was in New Orleans a couple of years ago, I took a boat ride on the bayou. Remember that old song, "I'm going back some day, come what may, to Blue Bayou...?" Well, I have always wanted to sing that while on a bayou. It was a gorgeous day.

You need several lifetimes in order to use up all those craft supplies LoL
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 24, 2009
10:31 PM

Post #7204586

Well, I think terri is commited, yano, Flowers are her!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 26, 2009
12:09 AM

Post #7208061

Hi everyone!

Dianne!!! you've arrived, welcome to Merseyside! Wow, a baby alligator!!!!!!! thats a first for these parts.. lol Sorry the table is a bit small, it tired me out dragging that stump from the woods!!! anyway your delicate dancin' feet can boogie on that, no problem.

Have you opened any parcels yet Blossom?

Hope you all had a nice weekend and Candee has isn't too worn out with the Grandchildren. lol
This computer is old!!!! I can't upload any pictures. Hope to see some arrangements next time I pop in ... LoL!
Don't know when I'm going home!!! Take care and have fun.
Terri
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 26, 2009
2:24 AM

Post #7208573

Hi terri, no, we are still unloading the parcels and putting them in the store room. It will be fun to get crafting again. Im tired so it will be a bit before I even get to opening any for me, but they are all labeled to each of us so maybe someone else can grab a box and show and tell us whats in theirs?

I hear someone else hollering "me first me first" anyway.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 27, 2009
3:30 PM

Post #7213536

Dianne that musta been some ferry ride! Whoooooohoo alligator for you!
Back from the hunting weekend, productive, Steve got us meat in the freezer and never had to leave the porch of the cabin.
Guess I better go and see if BB needs any help unloading those parcels.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 27, 2009
6:14 PM

Post #7213994

Hi haighr, just in time for lunch! Sit down a bit while I grab a bite and then we can go back unloading.

Glad this resort is large enough with each of us having a florists closet to put the boxes in so when we get crafting later, it will be so organized!

I have been workin in the GPS and the office between trips to the loading dock and my paws need a load taken off!

So whats for lunch?
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 29, 2009
4:34 AM

Post #7219341

Yum!

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 29, 2009
4:39 AM

Post #7219352

Well, gang, say fare the well to the magic semi driver...he's headed off to parts unknown and will be back another time when we all need a load of goodies to craft with!

He says that the Eggs Ranchero are great and that made his trip worth coming to the Cafe 25!

Hey, has anyone seen broomhilder? Terri's been missing too...
How about elle, or Geek? Gee, I wonder what could have spooked them off?

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 29, 2009
11:48 AM

Post #7219745

Well it is that time of year BB when strange things happen. Broomhilder I think has found a place in the mountains and I think that Fritz has been sneaking up there after work. I only suggest that because I saw Fritz hurrying in the kitchen the other night and he mentioned something about having to start the fires burning and I know he doesn't have a fireplace but I once heard Broomhilder speak of a little woodstove at a remote mountain cottage? Ah, romance!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 29, 2009
7:53 PM

Post #7221157

HAH! Thaaaat mountain cottage turned out to be the rival...

I saw Broomhilder and Fritz through the window and they were in the greatroom by the fireplace there. All snuggly and warm. Well, thats just sweet.. she is out of here come midnite on Saturday anyway...she best be twitching her nose and get the kitchen cleaned here though!

So, did they set a date yet? I just hope that when they tie the knot she learns how to hydrate him properly. Poor guy, He has issues with his PH and skin yano!

Well, I gotta get back to the office.. mail call. OY!

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 30, 2009
11:40 AM

Post #7223169

Oh my I didn't know about the skin thing. I just know that he is like a bear and loves to hibernate over winter so I was hoping that she would be fine with being alone for months on end. I am sure she will tidy up before midnight tomorrow, if not I will look for her at the cabin as I will be up there tomorrow evening as well and think I know where she likes to hang out!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 30, 2009
12:20 PM

Post #7223243

Boy, they get around. Ever since she got that new zoombroom...WHOOSH! LOL!

Well, we got rain agian, but the temps are like in the 60;s...dont know if we will see the sun today
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 30, 2009
5:33 PM

Post #7224022

We haven't seen the sun in several days and it isnt likely to be around for a few more, oh well. Least it isn't freezin cold out yet and the clocks change tomorrow so I will have a few weeks of going to work in daylight instead of in pitch darkness.
We are headed to the cabin after work today, will run the gas outta the mower and start preparing to shut the place down for the winter in a few more weeks. Generally after hunting season for rifle at Thanksgiving is over we shut down till spring.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 30, 2009
9:36 PM

Post #7224724

I still have some fall planting to do. Now the tide is in and I got dayliles and dafs to sink in the ground.

Today its 60 and rain,... beats snowm but that I am sure is coming. Got about 200 plants to bury. Two man job and with Fritz on his te-de-te there... going to be a while before I get that job, then I got mowing to finish.. trees to prune and then brush to haul... and not to mention the other odd jobs.

Farmers around here ae liable to get frozen ground before they can get the crop out with all the rain. Crops went in wet, and will be coming out the same.

Days aint long enough with or without the time change when you farm or ranch full time.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 1, 2009
11:38 PM

Post #7231473

I took this photo out the back window last night, hope you all don't get too spooked!

Thumbnail by haighr

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

November 2, 2009
2:18 AM

Post #7232017

Well, what a site. Bet Fritz and Broomhilder enjoyed a nite like that... Oh and BTW, Broomhilder is gone now... so we will have to get a new hire... I dont know if Fritz is staying on or not but that was the agreement she made.. Midnite 10/31 and she was POOF!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 4, 2009
12:20 PM

Post #7239956

Just dropping in for a minute, still wondering where everyone else has gone BB? Perhaps everyone is hibernating already for the long winter ahead???
Hope to see some old friends drop in the cafe soon as the place has just been too quite, almost spooky.

Why I even heard a pin drop last night and I swear It wasn't me. Maybe we need to get another band in here for the weekend and see if we can draw us up a crowd of folks. Bet we could roust Steven outta bed if we got them loud enough?
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

November 4, 2009
4:01 PM

Post #7240564

I saw SW in the Zinnia patch recently...

Me, I have been busy logging next years garden plans in the GPS6, but have moved works to the office planning the calender as you know. Its a big lineup yano!

Boy, a band, that would be awesome...gonna be hard to hire this time of year with the Holidays. How about a DJ? Gads, Have you seen all the Christmas stuff in the stores lately?

Well, maybe with the holidays upon us, the florists will come in for refreshments.

Here is a little something for the cafe from my annuals that I just cut back.

Maybe we will have to go door to door to hand deliver invitations for everyone to come back.

I know the move across the Mersey was a big one and I am sure everyone is still havign trouble getting settled.

Well, best we get started.. so whats on the Juke for today?

I cant stay too long either, I made a mess in the kitchen and well, being short handed... youno how that goes. But I will be back and forth as time allows!

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 4, 2009
6:10 PM

Post #7241045

I try to avoid stores at all costs BB. I abhore shopping. Steve and I always travel at Christmas, no shopping no gifts just a nice relaxing holiday. We go all out at Thanksgiving with the food and hunting. We decided after the kids married and had other family that we would bow out so they wouldn't have to make a choice about where to spend the holiday. Sometimes it is hard not doing the big holiday celebration like we did when they were young but things change and I think when I am sitting in the Bahamas this year sipping a bahama mamma, I will likely be glad we travelled once again.
Sounds like you are really busy this time of year. Only plan I am making for next season is hoping to get some bittersweet and try my hand some more with the wreaths or centerpieces. Was thinking of making one with the honeysuckle in the spring. Remind me if you think of it then LOL!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

November 4, 2009
6:36 PM

Post #7241186

Oh that reminds me, I owe one of my traders a honesuckle!

We usually help decorate the church for Christmas. We will probably eat out on Thanksgiving weekend at some point. I That reminds me, hope they get the poinsetta order going! know what you mean with the kids gone and how an empty nest can be! We are both tired of traveling and could just use some nice quality time.

Well, that ham and cheese was delicious. Best wipe the mayo off my chin and get to the next thing on the list. I think the chickens beckon.. hope they have eggs!

Man, that sub sandwhich over there that Fritz is eating looks great! Burp, but no way am I eating another! I hope him and Broom will get together again and decide on their date.

So still no music eh? Someone ought to kick that Juke. Maybe the Fonzerella could whack that thing into submission?

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 5, 2009
1:03 PM

Post #7243603

LOL, I'd love to see the Fonz come walking through the door!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

November 5, 2009
6:37 PM

Post #7244621

C'mon Fonz! SMAAAACK that thang! Its a one, two, three, Three Oclock rock!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 7, 2009
9:52 PM

Post #7251157

Having to resort to sticks and pods for arrangements. Little color with the azalea and gourds and the rest is harry lauder, siberian iris pods, cattails and astillbe and a lotus pod

Thumbnail by haighr

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

November 8, 2009
12:38 AM

Post #7251575

Nothing wrong with that!

Not much going on here today. We planted daylilies and dafodils and enjoyed this summer/fall day!

Then the stupid fridgerator ice maker thingee decided to spring a leak and ended up cleaning part of a carpet and tomorrow we go get the hose that made the mess. I wondered why we were not getting any ice...then discoverd the huge puddle this morning and mistakenly blamed the dog! I think the "Fonz" hit the refridgerator a weee tad to hard thinking it might have been the juke! LOL!

Just another day in paradice! LOL!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 9, 2009
12:27 PM

Post #7255383

Ah yes BB paradise, we have all had those days. We discovered water downstairs yesterday around the furnace and finally realized that the new spigot we had put on outside leaks and got the ground so saturated that it leaked in through the floor and walls and Steve had just painted down there with that water proofing!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

November 9, 2009
1:05 PM

Post #7255474

You win.. your mess is bigger! LOL! Oh so sorry on that. I will nbe over to help as soon as I can!

Well, looks like another nice dall day. COuld be better though once the sun gets out shining good.

Care to join me in a round of raison bread and a breakfeast cuppa?

(_)? (_)?

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 9, 2009
2:38 PM

Post #7255724

Is it cinnamon raisin bread? I just got a fresh loaf at the bakery on Saturday and it is already half gone. I left it on the counter and I think that Fritz took part of it home to his nephews?
Would love to try yours.
Sunny and calling for warm here but am at work.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

November 9, 2009
3:01 PM

Post #7255808

Oh yes, its definitely cinnamon! No other kind! And here you go, heres the butter!

Well, I have several things I need to do and several things I want to do.. Hard choice between doing the wants and the needs! LOL!

Got the fridge sorta fixed.. needs a royal cleaning behind it and the carpets is not dry yet so its sitting in the middle of the kitchen. Need to put some stuff away and get organized in the office...LOL, that will be the day, but I keep trying!

So Fritz has nephews eh? Have you seen any of them? DOes he have a photo albumn? Maybe they can come work in the cafe while Broomhilder is off on her trip shopping for a new gown for the wedding?
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 9, 2009
7:07 PM

Post #7256646

Oh yes, here is Fritzs' sister Fran and her sons Frit and Frat

Thumbnail by haighr

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

November 9, 2009
11:04 PM

Post #7257397

Well arent they special! Is it true what they say about the molses and voles?

Been cleaning stuff...Oy what a day.

gardengus
Flora, IN
(Zone 5a)

November 10, 2009
12:01 PM

Post #7259256

Stopped in for a quick cup of tea and to say hi
As soon as it gets light I am off to finish off the work gardens and the year.
The weather has been so nice I just keep finding things to do, but isn't that true of all gardens.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 10, 2009
12:39 PM

Post #7259307

Wish I was at home enjoying this break in our weather Gus instead of sitting at work, but gotta get a paycheck to keep the plants coming in LOL! Have a happy and productive day!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

November 10, 2009
1:14 PM

Post #7259405

HI Gus,
Have not heard from you in a while, see you have been busy too!

We are just about to say Let it snow here. Have to fill the LP yet and do a few odd chores and we are ready. UGH, I dont want snow.

It is however supposed to rain.

Im gonna be stuck in the office here agian today.

Well heres your tea!

(__)? Enjoy!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 10, 2009
3:45 PM

Post #7259820

BB confused on what you mean by the moles and voles???
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

November 10, 2009
5:04 PM

Post #7260098

That a group like Frit, Frat and Fran could be enough to keep them away? Just asking because we dont want those moles and voles coming over from the rival and well, if that trio wouldlike a job...well thats up to you! (Always heard that that clan could do something like that...)
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

November 11, 2009
4:59 PM

Post #7263574

Well, anyway, they are a pretty handsome trio there..

Man, I was down in the pansy patch and we are trying to make a cold frame there...I just found out the pansys could possibly be wintered over in one and I have pansys but no cold frame. Dont know if we will get it done in time for the winter. I need to scronge up some glass.

Well anyway, just a few minutes and its back to the office for me.. pass me the lemonade thanks!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

November 11, 2009
6:08 PM

Post #7263933

Got a new thread going for whaaky and wild...

You might say its designers gardening... well sort of...!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1055336/
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

November 11, 2009
6:13 PM

Post #7263950

hi all
it been a long time
but i been busy with all my chicken
we are trying to get ready for winter
elle
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

November 11, 2009
6:30 PM

Post #7263991

Hi elle!

We missed you! Come on in and have a cuppa!

We have been getting ready for winter too.

My chickens some are molting and some are laying.. more molting than laying...

Hows everything?
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

November 11, 2009
7:31 PM

Post #7264242

hi all
my chicken are lay
they were laying good but slow down
my older one are laying ok
but the young one go from 9 to about 4
we still have then in the tractor
we build a new hen house but it not done yet
too much rain
elle
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 12, 2009
12:32 AM

Post #7265255

Sounds like we are all getting ready for winter. Nice to see you here elle, we have missed you. Perhaps your chickens are slowing down for the winter to rest as well.
gardengus
Flora, IN
(Zone 5a)

November 12, 2009
3:02 AM

Post #7265712

haighr,
My ''work gardens'' are my pay check. I have a small one woman business and I care for other peoples gardens.
Love my work.
This is the herb/kitchen garden at the Crystal Tea room

Thumbnail by gardengus

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 12, 2009
1:37 PM

Post #7266499

What a lovely building gus and herb garden. That should be my goal for next season to start an herb garden. I once had chocolate mint but yanked it all to thin and musta gone too far now have none and just a small russian sage.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

November 12, 2009
1:48 PM

Post #7266542

g'morning all!

We have sunshine, but I woke up to frost at the crack of dawn. Whooo it was chilly! Ice on the buckets too.

Why gus, that is nice! I like formal herb gardens.. just never had the place for one.

Haighr, I have chocolate mint growing in a hanging basket in the house. If I get it through the winter maybe I can split some with you. I could maybe try to get you some bittersweet, but please check out the thread on it... you might change your mind after reading on it!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1051929/

Well, the new GPS 7 is up and Red is telling us about her new GPS the hub made for her! C'mon down when ya get the chance!

Im stuck in the office again today... will I ever get done catalogging all those photos? Probably not, but I keep trying. If you need me, I will be around here somewheres bouncing back and around!

Elle, dont make yourself scarce! We need some new florals for the cafe you know. We are waiting for terri to come back and the rest of the gang too! Man its been a busy summer!

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 12, 2009
3:08 PM

Post #7266784

Thanks BB - I read some on the bittersweet and understand that the oriental is very invasive and destructive, but the American not so much. I would love some mint and bittersweet if you have any to spare as I have an open field across from us that would be a great place for the bittersweet. Matter of fact next year I plan to put gourds over there as well as a pumpkin ???

Here is a new one for the cafe and perhaps Fritz can cook up the artichoke at Thanksgiving?

Thumbnail by haighr

bigred
Ashdown, AR
(Zone 8a)

November 12, 2009

Post #7266789

Where the COFFEE! Well,maybe not. I have to be in fitness class in just a few and don't wanna have to run out in the middle for a potty break.

Only flower arrangement I can offer is last year Christmas centerpiece but since that's not too far away again,I guess it'll work.

Peggy

Thumbnail by bigred

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 12, 2009

Post #7266790

View from the top, how does it look there on the buffet right in front of the bar? If you want to move it somewhere else BB, feel free.

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 12, 2009
3:12 PM

Post #7266797

Hi there Peggy - that is a beautiful centerpiece and I think it is nice for this time of year seeing as we are coming into the holiday season. Are you going to be making another this year? If so you may want to also take it over to the table arrangement thread?

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1055442/
gardengus
Flora, IN
(Zone 5a)

November 12, 2009
3:12 PM

Post #7266798

Speaking of photos do you all look at, and vote in the Dave's photo contest?
The real problem I have is my ''want'' list is getting longer.
If I don't know it is out there then I don't want it , but when I see all the beautiful flowers I am a plant hog.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

November 12, 2009
3:16 PM

Post #7266811

Nope, thats fine by me, Haighr is in charge!... I brought Aunt Bessies picture of Bossy, I new you was just dying to see it...

Shes out back waiting for you ta milk her when yer done with pilates...

Hey haighr, I think we got our floral desinger for Broomhilders and Fritz wedding.. so whaddaya thing Red, You want the job? heheheheh!

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 12, 2009
3:20 PM

Post #7266826

Gus, yes I do vote - stopped entering many years ago although must say I took a prize waaaaaaaaay back in the beginning of DG in one of the first photo contests - think there were just a few entries back then. The photos now that are entered are really professional and way outta my photo capabilities but sure enjoy looking.
Hey BB, I don't think Fritz has popped any question yet - let's not get too ahead of ourselves and hire somebody that we can't pay later on. Thatn is a great little arrangement conglomeration you put there by the window - do you think Steve will see it and perhaps come out and play!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

November 12, 2009
3:38 PM

Post #7266897

LOL! Well, just putting the bug in Reds ear, she likes working with the weird and super natural! LOL!

Well, Im off to the Herb plot... catch ya'll later!
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

November 12, 2009
4:02 PM

Post #7266967

hi all
i have not made any thing for awhile
it seen like time just fly a way
elle
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 12, 2009
4:46 PM

Post #7267103

Don't worry bout that elle, just nice to have you here. Most of my arrangements these days are from sticks and stones LOL, no flowers to play with.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

November 12, 2009
5:35 PM

Post #7267270

Haighr, have you thought about ordering some amaryllus or poinsettas? Paperwhites would be a nice holiday touch too!

I usually get my poinsettas from our church. They have some lovelys.

Amaryllus become throw away bulbs for me... but the paperwhites! Aaaaah, now those, I love and willput them to the garden anytime.

Elle, are you still at the senior home? Bet, they would love to be getting your arrangements!

I have to check out the new table-arrangement thread, that sounds like a great idea and Thanksgiving is such a grand time to have them. I will not be doing any this year, but hope to be making wreaths up. I am behind on orders.
bigred
Ashdown, AR
(Zone 8a)

November 12, 2009
5:49 PM

Post #7267313

BB
well whadda ya doing in here if your behind...get to cracking making wreaths.

P
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 12, 2009
6:10 PM

Post #7267373

I don't do much with the Christmas decorations just a few that I have had around for years. We only do a real tree and likely won't again this year as we are travelling. I don't really care for the look of amaryllis much - I sometimes get some mauve - e poinsettias but likely won't this year either. Am I sounding bah humbug yet!
Just a lot to unpack and get out for the holiday season and with working I find I do less each year what with the cabin and then travelling.
I will have to find a pic of the Christmas tree we did one year at the cabin with antlers for the topping and arrows and pinecombs and deer and turkey calls and my 25 year old strand of popcorn that is still white to this day!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

November 12, 2009
6:23 PM

Post #7267421

Cracking, oh cracking oh master!

Dont know if I will do the full monty on the Christmas decor either.. with all the houseplants... gonna be hard to put more on the shelves when the shelves are full and an empty nest too Right now the livingroom looks lie a seed wherehouse with all my 2009's drying. God forbid I get mice or ants!

Ok, ok, Ima going! Gotta go cut those trumpet vines down.. sheesh!

Ya ought to know my full name is EVER SO BEHIND BLOSSOM!

And it aint got nuthing to do with pilates! LOL!

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 12, 2009
6:27 PM

Post #7267443

I am trying to kill off my trumpet vine, I never had such an invasive plant in all my days! It is the biggest nuisance in my property. Now go and get to work, it is freezing here, glad to be inside at work.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

November 12, 2009
6:30 PM

Post #7267459

Ok... ok... Um is yers yeller, red er orange? Mines orange...
Want yellow! Going to make wreaths.. in a few days...

LOL!

Ok, im going.. jus one more bite of my chicken PLZ!
bigred
Ashdown, AR
(Zone 8a)

November 12, 2009
6:37 PM

Post #7267484

Cut the vine down then paint the wound of the part still attached to the roots w/ un-diluted bush killer.
They're all over the place in the south and a royal pain.Only up side...hummers love them.

The variegated variety is a lot slower growing and so far not invasive in my yard...So Far.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 12, 2009
6:48 PM

Post #7267529

I have used more bush killer than I can tell you Peggy and it still comes from the ground spreading roots. I imagine that in a few years I may get it under control!
BB, eat all you want we have all winter to get the chores done! Matter of fact, have a piece of that biscotti that Fritz just made - it's chocolate!

This message was edited Nov 12, 2009 1:48 PM
bigred
Ashdown, AR
(Zone 8a)

November 12, 2009
6:51 PM

Post #7267548

Biscotti? BISCOTTI? Pass it this way...I Luuuuuvvvv biscotti.If someone else makes. I tried once and "Ick","Gak"...YUK!
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

November 12, 2009
6:57 PM

Post #7267573

hi all
yes i still working in the nursing home with the farm i have not had time to make any thing yet
but i will
i going to try to make that blanket you see on tv
elle
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 12, 2009
7:21 PM

Post #7267637

What blanket is that elle? Please tell us more.
Peggy, I made the chocolate biscotti and it was really quite good for my first try!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

November 12, 2009
8:21 PM

Post #7267877

Hey Red, thought you had some sleeping to do??!!! LOL!

No, no brush killer on the trumpet here. I make wreaths out of them and so far they are not invasive, just not exactly where I would like them!

BIS-whati? Aa-ooooh.. cho-co-laaaaaate! (in voice of Homer Siumpson!!!!)

Run.. getting axe for vine!...next week... Dont have time to make wreaths today!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 17, 2009
3:09 AM

Post #7281151

Just poppin' in to say Hi everyone!

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

November 17, 2009
3:45 AM

Post #7281253

Hi terri! Glad to see you back! We all missed you! HOpe you can stay longer than just a pop in!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 17, 2009
7:17 PM

Post #7283192

Hi there Terri, nice to see your shadow, kinda reminds me of groundhog day, will you be here for the next 6 weeks or not LO! Come on now, smile!
BB if you see her in here again it is your job to hogtie her and make her a cuppa!
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

November 17, 2009
9:25 PM

Post #7283647

Hi Terri!!! Come back again soon, and rest a spell.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

November 18, 2009
1:40 AM

Post #7284478

OK, Ropes ready!!! cuppas coming! (__)?
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 18, 2009
2:36 AM

Post #7284695

Are you crazies still hangin' out here? !!!

you can't catch me ... hahhahahaaa!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 18, 2009
2:55 AM

Post #7284777

too slow!!!

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

November 18, 2009
5:59 AM

Post #7285410

Um, terri, why is it then you are hanging upsidedown from my snare in that tree? hehehe! Gotcha! Your staying here, we are not letting you go! nah ah ah ah!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 18, 2009
12:55 PM

Post #7285766

Whew, good thing we didn't have to use the actual baited trap, I wasn't going to make any more pies until thanksgiving eve.
BB, you get a gold star for that one, I see you got her right there at the end of the road! Your snag skills are greater than I imagined!
Ha, ha Terri, nice one, but we have been waiting for you and have had ample time to plan for your capture upon your return, can't get away from us now!
BB should we let her down this morn to have a cuppa? or should we just hoist one up the tree to her?
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

November 18, 2009
2:01 PM

Post #7285884

hi
let her have some coffee to be able to go all day
coffee keep me going
all have a good day
elle
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 18, 2009
2:45 PM

Post #7286009

Hi elle, missed you. Hope this finds you havin a great day as well.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 18, 2009
2:47 PM

Post #7286016

Ok you got me!

Thanks for the coffee elle, cheers!

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 18, 2009
2:49 PM

Post #7286030

It's about time, I see BB has you hogtied to the railing out back. Guess she is gonna make you recite "I will stick around a while" at least 100 times.
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

November 18, 2009
2:50 PM

Post #7286035

hi
we are wet and cold
but we are still hang on
elle
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 18, 2009
2:58 PM

Post #7286054

Have you had snow yet elle?
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

November 19, 2009
4:08 PM

Post #7289685

hi
no
do not said that bad word lol
just cold and wet
it suppose to be in the high 50 or 60 today
we are hoping to get the hen house done by monday
dave does not feel well
a cold or a small flue
elle
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

November 19, 2009
4:23 PM

Post #7289728

Hot cocoa anyone... (__)? (__)? (__)?

Bowl of chicken soup for Dave and elle... (___________)

Now terri, we will cut you loose only if you promise to not runaway!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 19, 2009
4:38 PM

Post #7289785

I know how he feels elle, I have that cold/flu thingy as well and hope it is gone by the T-day.
Been having plenty of chicken soup BB and may have another this evening.
I think terri likes being bound up as I haven't heard a peep outta her.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

November 19, 2009
4:44 PM

Post #7289805

Oops, forgot something! LOL! There you go terri... ((guess its kinda hard to eat or talk with that...but yano you was kicking and screaming and well, that screaming part when you was upsidown was kinda irritating!))

Well, there is plenty of soup for all, several kinds infact, theres onion, mushroon, veggie, broccoli and just a slurping broth for those who cant get the lumps down!

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 19, 2009
5:21 PM

Post #7289911

Oh, I can take the lumps BB -
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

November 20, 2009
2:56 PM

Post #7292579

Ok, thats good! Means no soar throat for you! YAY!

Here I also brought the pepper crop from the peppers I have in the laundryroom. Pretty good eh? Should make for a nice salad topper or pizza .

ellesgh
Humansville, MO

November 20, 2009
3:25 PM

Post #7292656

hi
thank-you
dave said he feeling a little better
i hope my poor chicken need their new home
the poor rabbit think they been forgotten
elle
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 20, 2009
4:17 PM

Post #7292801

Sounds like yu have your hands full elle what with the rabbits and chickens and new homes for all!
Those peppers look mighty fine BB, how bout a couple of them stuffed for me?
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

November 20, 2009
5:39 PM

Post #7293007

Coming right up... um... who ordered the fried chicken in a rice paddy with a pasture on the side?

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

November 20, 2009
5:48 PM

Post #7293026

Heres the pasture.. come and get it.. ...be back with the packed peppers in a short...

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

November 21, 2009
5:05 AM

Post #7295129

Here ya go haighr... so sorry that took so long..

bigred
Ashdown, AR
(Zone 8a)

November 21, 2009
10:25 AM

Post #7295592

Peter picked a peck of packed peppers...Mm-Mm...those look yummy. I Luuuuuvvvv stuffed/packed peppers but they "talk" to me all night when I eat them.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

November 21, 2009
1:26 PM

Post #7295759

Yakity yak!~!!

So.. Im waiting!
bigred
Ashdown, AR
(Zone 8a)

November 21, 2009
1:48 PM

Post #7295804

Waiting? For what?
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

November 21, 2009
1:49 PM

Post #7295805

Not saying a word...you know and I know... !!!
bigred
Ashdown, AR
(Zone 8a)

November 21, 2009
2:58 PM

Post #7295932

well...maybe you know but I don't know JACK!
~~~~~~~~$8>P
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

November 21, 2009

Post #7296215

Jacks out in the barn.. eating... um Yuno.. that x-mess thing...

yeee-gads I almost broke down and got an amaryluss yeserday.. UGH! Got the paperwhitees in stead..

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/810446/
bigred
Ashdown, AR
(Zone 8a)

November 22, 2009
6:54 PM

Post #7300128

Here the centerpiece from Sept.garden club Eatin 'Meetin'. Not using it for Turkey-day. Plan on using live and dried organics from the yard. I entered this one in local fair and took a blue ribbon.

I'm using the hand crocheted tablecloth for Turkey-day.

This message was edited Nov 22, 2009 12:55 PM

Thumbnail by bigred

bigred
Ashdown, AR
(Zone 8a)

November 22, 2009
6:58 PM

Post #7300145

Companion piece to the wagon. Do you get the feeling I like sunflowers and ladybugs?

Thumbnail by bigred

bigred
Ashdown, AR
(Zone 8a)

November 22, 2009
7:02 PM

Post #7300157

this canister set would look good if it had more presents on such a long table

Thumbnail by bigred

bigred
Ashdown, AR
(Zone 8a)

November 22, 2009
7:05 PM

Post #7300167

I could always remove the lids and extend the look of the container w/twigs,ivy and grass plumes and still keep the profile low and long while adding volume

Thumbnail by bigred

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

November 22, 2009
7:06 PM

Post #7300169

Purrrr-dee!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 22, 2009
9:14 PM

Post #7300519

You sure do love your sunnies ad ladybugs. You should have been to the cabin last month you could have had all the ladybugs you wanted we had them by the truckloads! and so did BB.
Very nice canister, like the idea of extending it.
Everybody ready to start cooking?
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

November 23, 2009
12:10 AM

Post #7301010

Im not cooking.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 23, 2009
12:22 AM

Post #7301043

What!!! did I hear you right???
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

November 23, 2009
12:26 AM

Post #7301060

im ordering mcnuggets
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 23, 2009
1:03 AM

Post #7301179

Hi everyone!

BLOSSOM!!!!!!! You've done it now! Capturing me upside down like that made my knee go out and now (on my return from hospital) I am on crutches!! I'm in need of one of your special hot chocolates after my ordeal!!!! Thank you. Mcnuggets!!!! oh dear...

Candee, I'm so pleased to hear you are cooking and baking this week. I love the way you always make me a special vegetarian dinner, your cauiflower cheese was devine last year! and the cheesecake... ohhh so yummy!! Make sure you get a slice yourself this year LOL! Will you be baking your fancy peach latice pie? that one is always a hit with the regulars!

The tables are starting to look pretty in here!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

November 23, 2009
2:05 AM

Post #7301382

oh no now i feel rotten...i will go to my corner and behave.

Here are your chocolates
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

November 23, 2009
2:08 AM

Post #7301395

ima baaaaaaaad BLOSSOM!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 23, 2009
2:10 AM

Post #7301409

It's okaaaaaaaaaaay mate!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 23, 2009
2:19 AM

Post #7301451

No hard feelings! wanna come for lunch?

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 23, 2009
2:22 AM

Post #7301469

everyone's welcome!

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 23, 2009
3:18 PM

Post #7302117

That reminds me we need to get the new sign up for the cafe. I'll work on that this evening. Ever since we bought this place that sign has bugged me. Has anyone ever thought about us using the rest of this huge place as a bed and breakfast.

BB don't feel bad, it was my idea to capture her so I'll take the heat for the sprained knee. Besides if she hadn't been ducking us for so long we would not have had to go to such lengths so she really only has herself to blame!

No cheesecake this year Terri, I am going to try my hand at a Red Velvet CAke, never even tasted one so I won't know if it is good or not. Got a great recipe for it from Dea here at DG and will likely have my kitchen painted in red before Wednesday is out. I'll try to take some photos. And then the pumpkin pies and all the other fixins.
BB perhaps you better stop by as those nuggets sound nasty!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

November 23, 2009
3:31 PM

Post #7302167

too late.. they came with fries and a sweet and sour...large coke.. oh the humanity!

I will come out of my corner now. Oh thank you partner in "crime"!
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

November 26, 2009
7:14 AM

Post #7310997

Weather has been perfect fall weather the last few days - high in the low 60's, low about 40. Did a little bit of yard work, but have to concentrate on cleaning the house now. Thanksgiving is at my sister's (I just have to make a salad and a jello mold), but am having guests from Texas over for 5 days after Thanksgiving. Crunch cleaning time!! So, I just can stop by the cafe briefly to wish all of you a very Happy Thanksgiving!!!

BTW, a bed and breakfast is a lovely idea. Those are my favorite getaways - and what can be more pleasant than a nice homecooked breakfast with garden friends? How's that velvet cake coming along, Candee???? Terri - did you stay at that B&B?

This message was edited Nov 26, 2009 9:27 AM
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 26, 2009
10:42 AM

Post #7311076

Hi Dianne and everyone! Hope you all enjoy your Thanksgiving cleaning and food!!!
That is our local pub in Formby! the coffee is good but the food isn't veggie friendly unless you just want roast potatoes or cake!

Hope the velvet cake comes soon haha!
starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

November 26, 2009
10:37 PM

Post #7312145

Did ya mention cofee Terri? Well, I comign runnign for some.

been a busy busy time and finalyl makign my way back here to this forum. Have misse d ya all but have thought about yas quit e a bit as I would get a coupel of flower s bloomign here and there.

Stil haven't got this growing cut flower s for bouquets down yet, but tryign to get there. Did a littl ebit better this year, but not much. With all the raisn and flooding this year and a mole/vole eating about 40 Dahlia plants and 60 gerber a Dasiy root s sur e didnt have the flower s this year.

I've ha d such a fe w cuttign flower s to bloom this year that I woudl think of bringing in and showign to ya all, but usually onyl ha d oen or two and just didn't have th eheart to cut it off.

Just wante d to pop in and wish evrybody a Happy Thanksgiving and terri knwo it not a holiday for you but wishign ya a great day too anyways. : )

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

November 27, 2009
1:12 AM

Post #7312439

Hello Star!!! lovely to see you shining so brightly tonight. Thank you for wishing me a great day. Hope you have a peaceful and Happy Thanksgiving day.
I've ordered a large cup of coffee and a namecake for you! Cheers my friend, hope next year will be good for all of us.

starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

November 27, 2009
10:33 PM

Post #7314644

Terri! LOL Thanks for both. That so cute. : )

I got a couple of roses outsid e that hopefulyl the frost hasn't kileld off. I see all the tiem folks with dried ros e petals in bowls. How do you dry them ? Do you just rip up and sit out to dry or is there soem process to it.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

November 27, 2009
10:39 PM

Post #7314661

Roses can be dried nicely in silica sand. Although they can also be dried by letting them go natural...or hung upside-down...
starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

November 27, 2009
11:09 PM

Post #7314716

Thanks Blossom... : ) I figure I would give it a try. Don't knwo if I cna do it right or not, but poporii in store so expensive anymroe. Thought mayeb I cna mayeb make a tiny dish of it or something.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

November 27, 2009
11:22 PM

Post #7314746

I have left roses in bud vases and after the water has evaproated, the rose is fine! Well good luck on trying! I cant wait until summer now to see our climber back in bloom!

That reminds me, I should probably bed down that climber for the winter soon. They said it was sposed to snow this week and it never did. I usually wait until after the first snow then bed it down.. This rose is well over 60 years old. It was the hubs granparents. So it probably is even older than that.

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 30, 2009
6:57 PM

Post #7322397

Just dropping in with the last of the cake, enjoy - I didn't as I have been sick all through the holiday and for all the cooking I couldn't even taste any of it - well I could - it just tasted like metal!

Thumbnail by haighr

starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

December 1, 2009
12:49 AM

Post #7323468

Blosson. That really a beautiful climber. Look at all them blooms. Ya put my coupel little bloosm to shame : ) I just starting to get intot he roses.

Haighr. Sorry ya been sick. grabbing a piec e of cake and leavign the onyl fower I got bloomign right now .

Thumbnail by starlight1153

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

December 1, 2009
2:10 PM

Post #7324748

Hi Star, what is that blossom?? Its gorgeous!

----

Haighr, good cake... sorry to hear you were sick!

So far we have been well and good.

Did you guys get any deer?
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

December 1, 2009
2:18 PM

Post #7324768

Thanks everyone for the well wishes.
Steve and Tim both got a buck so plenty of meat in the freezer for winter.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

December 1, 2009
4:11 PM

Post #7325044

Someone in a county over got a 25 pointer.. sposed to been the biggest buck yet in the state.

Been seeing a lot on the move here. Lots of roadkill.

Well, I have to get my big butt in gear, get house cleaning... the place is getting rather slimey! UGH! Maybe Fritz will fix the dryer before I have a kanipshun trying to dry clothes in the snow. Not that we have any, but its coming and theres a back up in the laundry. OY! Just hope the dang washer keeps running or I will be running down to the creek to beat the clothes on a rock.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

December 1, 2009
4:35 PM

Post #7325106

Better hurry before that dang creek freezes over BB.
Wow 25 points, that is a whopper, would love to see that!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

December 1, 2009
5:17 PM

Post #7325230

Me too. That wiley whitetailed old buck must have lived in some poor farmers cornfield and apple orchard for a very long time! Heard the hunter got him in a freak way. If I heard right they said the hunting ace shot the poor deer in the ear.. kind of a lame dumb shot if you were to ask me, but when he hit him in the ear the buck freaked out and fell off a cliff and into a creek and then drowned... Good thing I wasnt warshing clothes that day! Can ya see me now with those antlers stuck in my big old poor BBQ-ed hide? Be worse off than that poor white donkey Dave has been posting in the weekly newsletter! LOL! Old BB would be hollering for a medic for sure!

Well...dang deertails are getting deep here!

Cant wait till fishing and frog season!

Well, heres reeling them in for ya! Catch ya later!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

December 2, 2009
3:07 PM

Post #7328107

We are headed back up to the cabin Friday and will likely shut the water down and fridge off and such and call it a season. We have 2 deer in the freezer which is plenty for us and will just sit back until next season when we start up all over again. Then it will be fishing and froggin and turtle season.
Doc says now I have pneumonia and gave me more meds, hope I kick this thing soon as won't be long till the holidays are here. Guess the warmer weather will knock it outta me if nothin else.
You would have looked funny down at the creek there BB. Reminds me of last nights' news there was a deer that was stranded (beached) on some rocks in DC and he had a nice rack and they had to tranquilize him to get him back on dry ground. They should have called for Steve, he would have removed him for free he, he!!!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

December 2, 2009
3:57 PM

Post #7328265

LOL!!!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 2, 2009
3:58 PM

Post #7328269

Hi everyone!

Thank you for the cake Candee, so sorry to hear you are not in good health. Hope you will be better very soon. Fresh fruit and vegetables to you my dear!!! I wish I was going to the Bahamas with you, the weather here is so miserable!!
Are you going to Nassau?
Beautiful Gerbera Star, Thanks for brightening up the cafe'.
My knee is getting stronger and yesterday I managed the stairs without the crutches, so feeling a bit better!!! The most frustrating thing is WAITING !!!! for teenagers to do the jobs they agreed to do ... 'yeah later Mum'
Blossom, hope you're getting on with those chores!!!!??
Are we moving to a new Christmas cafe' ? Has anyone got the decorations up yet?

Well, I enjoyed that coffee, this place has the best coffee in cyber space!!

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

December 2, 2009
4:01 PM

Post #7328281

Glad to hear you are on the mend Terri, sorry you don't have a good enough foot to kick those teens into action LoL, should we send BB to do it for you?
Haven't even thought of decorations for the Christmas cafe, guess we better get to work. Now where is that dang tree, did Fritz move it from the attic? I don't see it up here, but ohhhhhhhhh look there's my mittens I left up here last year when we put it away? Now where could it have gotten to?
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

December 2, 2009
4:05 PM

Post #7328295

Corn dogs anyone? Or as we call them in the kitchen.. K-9 Drumsticks!

(__)?

Well, I do hope you feel better soon so you can have a Marry Christmas and start the new year off healthy.

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 2, 2009
4:16 PM

Post #7328336

Blossom, you know I'm vegetarian ? ... got anything healthy there please? !!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

December 2, 2009
4:17 PM

Post #7328343

Terri.. Im not booting any kids. You will just have to work something out for thier punishment and tell them you love them, but they must do good by their Mum. It s only right.

Yeah Frittz wants me to get the lil tree out so I gotta go work in the closet so see you all later... Derned thing is BEHIND all the rest of the onreyments...

Someone put on some carols so we can all get in the best of spirits. Its time to get celebrating!

FELIZ NAVIDAD... Feliz Navidad.. y los paros anos y... cha cha cha!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 2, 2009

Post #7328370

CARROTS!!!!! is that it? Happy Christmas LOL!!!
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

December 2, 2009
4:24 PM

Post #7328376

hi all
here is a bear hug
i made some bear but they not selling good this year
so i will give them away
elle

Thumbnail by ellesgh

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 2, 2009
4:37 PM

Post #7328417

Oh Hi elle!
Thanks for the bear hug! just what I needed. They are only feeding me carrots here, I bet your rabbits get better than that!!
Lovely bears, especially like the one in the middle with the glasses and scarf, he's so cool!

Thanks for going in the attic Candee, glad you found your mittens up there.!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

December 2, 2009
5:13 PM

Post #7328514

Hi Elles! Nice bear and a couple of big bear hugshugs back to you too!.

OK, terri.. breaded carrots on a stick for you... and a (_____)? brocoli soup.

Ok, the Avent wreath is out. Carefull with the candles for it though.. and one is supposed to be lite already!

Im still baling things out of the closet to find the lil tree...

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 2, 2009
5:22 PM

Post #7328547

Oh, well now, that sure is PURDY!!! lovely colours Blossom.
Yum, this soup tastes Lurverly!! got any homemade bread and butter (oops not healthy but ... ) to dunk in it please? lol!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 2, 2009
5:38 PM

Post #7328597

Candee, you should try the Broccoli soup, it might make you better sweetie!

OHHHhhhh look what I found from last year ...hahhaha!!

dalfyre
Christchurch
New Zealand

December 2, 2009
7:38 PM

Post #7328985

how about some pumpkin & peanut butter soup (___)?
I had it many years ago & it was yummy, but the lady of the house wouldn't give me the recipe.
Hope the knee is coming along Terri -I have seen a few people going through recovery from knee or hip surgery at the RSA - biggest thing is to take it slowly.
We hire out mobility scooters which helps.
Although one chap has never given his up..
in hindsight he would have been better off without it.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

December 2, 2009
7:44 PM

Post #7329084

Breads coming. Dont know whose making it though! Im still in the closet digging for the lil tree!

DaRn that Broomhilder, she left her pumpkins here...

Dig, dig, shuffle shuffle...
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 2, 2009
7:45 PM

Post #7329087

http://www.fabulousfoods.com/recipes/article/210/18717 Servings: 12
Author Notes: The combination of peanut butter and cream, makes this unusual soup very rich. It goes together in a snap for an elegant first course. A hollowed out fresh pumpkin shell makes a unique serving tureen
Ingredients: 1 medium onion
2 stalks celery
4 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons flour
5 cups chicken or vegetable stock
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 can (29 ounces) pumpkin
OR equivalent fresh cooked pumpkin
1/2 cup half & half
1/2 teaspoon cayenne
1 tablespoon coriander
1 1/2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
salt and pepper to taste
Instructions: 1. Finely mince the onion and celery and garlic.

2. Melt the butter in a stock pot and sauté the onion, celery and garlic in the butter for about five minutes or until soft.

3. Add flour and stir for a minute or two until it's dissolved.

4. Add the stock, followed by the remaining ingredients, whisking the mixture so it remains smooth.

5. Simmer for about fifteen minutes and serve.

YUMMY!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

December 2, 2009
8:40 PM

Post #7329245

Well Merry Christmas to you Zany Mouse and dalfyre!

Jingle bells, pumkin smells, laughing all the way...

Yeah right.. If ya can hear me, Im behind box 47and a pile of pumpkins still searching for old tanamban or how ever ya spell it! LOL!

Dig, dig, shuffle shuffle.. oooops...

Um terri, watch out for that...

slime!

Aww jeez, now ya got punkin seeds in yer hair.. I warned you...

This message was edited Dec 2, 2009 2:43 PM
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 2, 2009
10:08 PM

Post #7329461

Hi dalfyre and Zany, season's greeting's to you both!
Nice to have new soup alternatives, that one sounds great.

Oh Blossom, and I just washed my hair... oh dear, another bad hair day .. lol!

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

December 2, 2009
11:05 PM

Post #7329619

Well, girl, that one was not my fault! Broomhilder and her stinking punkins.. She forgot to pacj them in her Hope chest...

Well anyway, I found the lil tree!

Heres a towel, you look silly!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 2, 2009
11:34 PM

Post #7329699

Ok thanks!

Where's the lil tree?
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

December 2, 2009
11:56 PM

Post #7329749

ina barrel!
starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

December 3, 2009
10:21 PM

Post #7332452

Lovely wreath. : )

Now for the dumb question what doe s an Avent wreath mean?

I grabbign that cup of coffee for sure. It freezing here and windy and evrythign soggy from the 4 inche s of rain we got the past coupel of days and mroe comign tommorrow. I need a boat.

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

December 4, 2009
1:19 AM

Post #7333020

Definition of an Advent Wreath coming right up... go here!

And Merry Christmas every one!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advent_wreath

(finger to mouth in hushed hush voice...careful what you wish for...He's watching!)

La la la la la la...JOY TO THE WORLD!...Sing sing sing a song Happy are we for it will not be long... hohoho!!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 4, 2009
2:25 AM

Post #7333299

Jingle bells

blossom smells!!!

jingle all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH WHAT FUN it is to ...

have our flowerpot cafe' hey! good evening ladies, come in for a warm up!

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

December 4, 2009
3:41 AM

Post #7333531

LOL!! whadda
I smell like???

Heres yer veggie cocoa

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

December 4, 2009
2:43 PM

Post #7334451

Hi everyone, thanks for all the medicinal remedies, I feel better already.
Elle, thanks for the huggy bears I can't believe they didn't sell, they will make a wonderful surprise for someone.
Zany, now that is some concoction with peanut butter, perhpas will give it a whirl sometime, have you I assume you have?
Terri, even on a bad hair day you manage to make it look fab! Wild, but fab.
BB, did you go and leave that zebra bra on the tree again lat year? I don't recall having seen it - that table dancin has got to stop.
Dalfyre, these gals really get outta hand sometimes LOL.
Now I know I have been a bit lax while under the weather, but I promise to have the new Christmas cafe up and running by Sunday, I have some great ideas just need to take the time to put them together and it is a bit chilly outside!
starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

December 4, 2009
3:22 PM

Post #7334570

Elle.. Cut e bears. Have ya thought abotu maybe puttign them for sale up on Daves Marketplace. Ya never knwo ya might sell some on there. : )

With it being holiday season folks might be lookign for bears for Christams presents. Somethign to think abotu anyways.

Lol. Now I gona be singing that jingle with blossom smells. all day ; )
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

December 4, 2009
3:48 PM

Post #7334647

Haighr, that is not my size...and whats that hanging next to it girlfriend? Gads, disgusting MJ's pix on the bottom of...

Both those things have got to go into the fire. Fritz, my good man, will you to the honors?

TOSS>>>>>
e-yuk, ga-ross ick ick ick!

And while yer at it, clean up that derned blob on the rocks out there. .man thats gotta go. You can use those two things for rags if you will first.

POOF!...hmmm whered I go?

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 4, 2009
4:09 PM

Post #7334697

Greetings!!!!

UUuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmm, CHOCOLATE!!!! she smells like chocolate!!!! nice.

Well, the thing is, ... and ... then ... well, I just couldn't believe what I was seeing !

and ... anyway,,, phew!!!! you know what I mean???????? shhhhhhhheesh!

So Star, Jingle bells Blossom smells ... now we who why!!!! ay? ... say no more!!!! tee heee

so now she's hanging around with that 'friend' toy boy from FLORIDA !!!!!!!!!

laters!

shhh ssssshhh ... she's coming ...

ellesgh
Humansville, MO

December 4, 2009
5:13 PM

Post #7334887

hi all
thank-you for the idea
i sold 1 bear
the one with the black hat
it is cold here 9 this morning
got to work the next two day
elle
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

December 5, 2009
7:02 AM

Post #7337174

Hi elle, that's good news selling a bear! Keep warm and say hi from England to the old folks!

Candee, hope you are getting better? I'm looking forward to seeing the new Christmas Flowerpot Cafe', will it still be on Cyber St? I've heard the desporados rival is closin' down???

Dalfyre, I should have listened to you! I was doing so well, and now it's swollen up again. I know!!! slowly slowly haha!
Is it nearly summer for you now? it's freezin here.

CrazyZanyHair!!! what would you like for christmas? you looked fabulous last year in the jingle outfit we all had!

no Blossom yet?

Anyone seen Plantgeek, Steven, Dianne?

dalfyre
Christchurch
New Zealand

December 5, 2009
9:26 AM

Post #7337246

terri - go easy on that knee...
here's some flowers to enjoy, sweet peas are very slow away this year because it's been cold & wet through spring.

Thumbnail by dalfyre

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

December 5, 2009
9:07 PM

Post #7339019

Elle congrats on the sale, and that is a great idea to try Daves Marketplace for them as well.
Dalfyre what a lovely springy surprise for us here in the freeze zone!
BB - are you sure that isn't yours? I was sure I saw you in it at one of our bashes???
So everyone grab some ornaments and Christmas gifts and arrangements and lets get the season started.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1060757/
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 6, 2009
10:18 AM

Post #7340910

I'm thinkin'of something subtle this year...maybe a nice chartruce and lilac stripe with a red and gold boa. I'd like lots of reindeer bells at the hem and the cuffs...I might top it off with a silver and gold trimmed elf's cap and a pair of leopard print spiked heel boots. I wouldn't want anything too flashy you know, being the shy and mousy type that I am ;~)

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

December 6, 2009
3:49 PM

Post #7341363

Yep shy and mousy ^_^ That is why we are so much alike Zany. Bring your getup on over the the Christmas cafe and have a cuppa and perhaps put that boa on the tree?

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Cut Flowers and Floral Design Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Cut Flowers and Floral Design Forum dave 40 Apr 24, 2008 2:40 PM
Starting us off Wvdaisy 36 Apr 24, 2007 9:24 PM
My Tropical displays. celt33040 8 Apr 23, 2007 12:26 PM
Articles and tips about processing cut flowers.... gemini_sage 23 Aug 7, 2012 4:11 AM
Vases Lenjo 83 Jul 31, 2008 2:11 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America