Photo by Melody

Article: Grow Some Cover Crops For Rich Green Manure: crimson clover

Communities > Forums > Article: Grow Some Cover Crops For Rich Green Manure
bookmark
Forum: Article: Grow Some Cover Crops For Rich Green ManureReplies: 5, Views: 142
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
grits74571
Talihina, OK

October 26, 2009
12:34 PM

Post #7209366

I like to grow the crimson clover here in SE Oklahoma it is used often as a cover crop along the highways and other steep banks and I presume that it must be planted by some Goverment agentcy or other..But whoever plants it is very beautiful when in bloom (May). I plant it in my yard to have something green in an otherwise brown Bermuda grass lawn..It is about the cheapest of all the clover seed I have found .I get mine at the local Farmer's co-op in Poteau Ok

Thumbnail by grits74571
Click the image for an enlarged view.

carrielamont

carrielamont
Bedford, TX
(Zone 8a)

October 26, 2009
12:55 PM

Post #7209423

That's beautiful!!!!
Angel4396
Rohnert Park, CA

October 26, 2009
2:48 PM

Post #7209763

Beautiful Uncle Joe! Funny this week's edition included cover crops because I was going to ask you about them. Then you posted this information. LOL Love, Ira
grits74571
Talihina, OK

October 28, 2009
1:49 AM

Post #7215410

Angel4396 You cannot even start to know how suprised I was when you replied to my post I have 50lbs of the crimson Clover seed just waiting till I can get it planted but it is so wet here can't even walk thru the garden ,of course I will have to share with them coonass cousins of yours down in the swamp land ..I can buy it here for 1/2 the price they have to pay ...
BennysPlace
Beverly Hills, CA

November 7, 2009
5:00 PM

Post #7250469

First, allow me to offer my most sincere apologies for the delay in replying to comments on this article. We have completed our move. It took a while but I am settled in.

Uncle Joe, that is a BEAUTIFUL picture. How wonderful to have 50 pounds of crimson Clover seed. I don't have a garden in Colorado yet but I hope to soon. I wonder if I can grow a little bit in pots?

Thank you so kindly for sharing the photo.

Blessings to everyone!
grits74571
Talihina, OK

November 9, 2009
1:02 PM

Post #7255465

A little update I sowed the clover friday I just over sowed the back yard and back veggie garden ,am putting off sowing the front untill more of the leaves fall,then I plan to mulch the leasves and sow the clover on top of them this is how I normally do it more or less

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Grow Some Cover Crops For Rich Green Manure Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Austin and Central Texas Rocky3 5 Nov 7, 2009 5:11 PM
Cover crops ilovesunflowers 2 Nov 7, 2009 5:09 PM
clover in the orchard dparsons01 2 Nov 7, 2009 5:06 PM
Under cover ridgedew 1 Nov 7, 2009 5:04 PM
pond muck in Ct. miris 1 Nov 7, 2009 5:02 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America