Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Mums and Asters: Anemone Chrysanthemums

Communities > Forums > Mums and Asters
bookmark
Forum: Mums and AstersReplies: 4, Views: 145
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
aebloom
Potomac, MD
(Zone 7a)

October 26, 2009
4:07 PM

Post #7210068

I saw a fabulous display of anemone chrysanthemums at my local botanical gardens. These fantastic flowers can be trellised, formed to topiary, and they can trail up to 3' long. Does anyone have any experience with these, or know of a supplier? Thanks.

Thumbnail by aebloom
Click the image for an enlarged view.

marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

October 31, 2009
5:02 PM

Post #7227408

Now thats a christmas tree I'd like. Thank you for the beautiful picture. I need to check into this plant.
kenboy
Big Sandy, TX
(Zone 8a)

November 10, 2009
1:17 AM

Post #7257966

I have grown these mums and have grown them in many different shapes. The type of mum is called a cascade and the one in the picture is called Siezan. I have this one and three more. I will be taking some into the hoop-house so they sprout up early and will be taking cuttings in January. They can be grown as trees. Just plant one cutting in a 5 gal. pot and let it grow to about 14 to 16 inches. Then pinch off all the side shoots up to ten inches and the terminal end. Then you let it grow and pinch the terminals of the side shoots after they grow two nodes. What you get is a tree that can have up to 1,000 blooms. I guess I will need to grow some this next year and take pictures and post my methods.
aebloom
Potomac, MD
(Zone 7a)

November 11, 2009
8:46 PM

Post #7264476

Thanks for the info, kenboy.

I have since found a source for these:

http://www.kingsmums.com/
bigred
Ashdown, AR
(Zone 8a)

November 23, 2009
7:57 PM

Post #7303154

Just lovely.

Kenboy ,can you come grow me a christmas tree out of my pink cascades*S*

Peggy

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Mums and Asters Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Mum's the Word... SILLYLILY 18 Nov 23, 2009 6:47 PM
Aster Blue Ribbon Sue_WA 8 Nov 27, 2009 11:54 PM
Pinching back mums...... orange_knickers 11 Aug 17, 2007 5:16 AM
Cutting back fall Asters? rainy_jane 27 Aug 30, 2007 3:26 PM
How many others have lost their mum? leaflady 40 Jul 9, 2007 1:56 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America