Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Grow Some Cover Crops For Rich Green Manure: pond muck in Ct.

Communities > Forums > Article: Grow Some Cover Crops For Rich Green Manure
bookmark
Forum: Article: Grow Some Cover Crops For Rich Green ManureReplies: 1, Views: 12
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
miris
East Haddam, CT

October 27, 2009
12:12 PM

Post #7212984

Any idea what I can do with a yard covered with pond muck?We had our pond dreadged and now I'm at a loss. A cover crop perhaps? something like barley? The town says I have to dry out the muck and seed it before I can use it as compost. Any ideas? My husband is ready to kill me for saying I wanted the muck rather than have it carted out. I told him it was black gold!! silly me...

Thumbnail by miris
Click the image for an enlarged view.

BennysPlace
Beverly Hills, CA

November 7, 2009
5:02 PM

Post #7250474

Hi miris,

I apologize for the belated reply to your comments.

Muck IS black gold. You are so right to want to keep it. Saying that, I am sure you could add some cereal seed and let it take advantage of all those nutrients. Your other option is bog plants but that would have to wait until spring.

Whatever you do, I wish you luck and nothing but the best of all things.

Blessings,
Ben

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Grow Some Cover Crops For Rich Green Manure Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
crimson clover grits74571 5 Nov 9, 2009 1:02 PM
Austin and Central Texas Rocky3 5 Nov 7, 2009 5:11 PM
Cover crops ilovesunflowers 2 Nov 7, 2009 5:09 PM
clover in the orchard dparsons01 2 Nov 7, 2009 5:06 PM
Under cover ridgedew 1 Nov 7, 2009 5:04 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America