Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Michigan Gardening: Thanks God, for the sunny day.

Communities > Forums > Michigan Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Michigan GardeningReplies: 17, Views: 83
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
jylgaskin
Williamsburg, MI
(Zone 4b)

October 28, 2009
11:53 PM

Post #7218324

I never thought a sunny day could mean so much.
glevely
Sanford, MI
(Zone 5a)

October 29, 2009
12:36 AM

Post #7218499

I'm with you on that one !!!! I even got out of work early had some stuff to do so I got to see the SUN ;0)
Gloria
detheo
Macomb, MI
(Zone 5b)

October 29, 2009
1:34 PM

Post #7220050

supposed to be sunny today to... so far gray skies... :/
dorothian
Bad Axe, Mich., FL
(Zone 5a)

October 29, 2009
1:42 PM

Post #7220067

It's foggy here and grey, grey, grey. I hope it clears up soon.
notmartha
Bay City, MI
(Zone 6a)

October 29, 2009
8:35 PM

Post #7221278

grey here all day but very mild!
leaves are falling like crazy too!

Is it spring yet? going back to bed!
dorothian
Bad Axe, Mich., FL
(Zone 5a)

October 29, 2009
8:57 PM

Post #7221329

dori, I hope you are feeling better!
Loon
AuGres, MI
(Zone 5b)

October 29, 2009
11:10 PM

Post #7221746

Are ya'll hogging the sun or what? It's been nothing but cloudy and gloomy here. Temps have been mild though. The only good thing about clouds is that they keep the air temperature warmer at night. It was 48 degrees here last night. I about burned up in them flannel sheets I jumped the gun and put on the bed. :)

Brenda
dorothian
Bad Axe, Mich., FL
(Zone 5a)

October 30, 2009
12:43 AM

Post #7222098

Brenda, if you hadn't put the flannel sheets on the bed, it would have be 20 degrees outside at night. You know you can't win with the weather at this time of year.LOL
glevely
Sanford, MI
(Zone 5a)

October 30, 2009
10:18 AM

Post #7223082

ITS THUNDERING and pouring rain !! ooops and lightning I wonder if we are going into spring and missed winter ;0) wouldent that be nice have a good day
Gloria

cpartschick

cpartschick
Gladwin, MI
(Zone 5a)

October 30, 2009
10:33 AM

Post #7223101

It sure is coming down. I don't usually mind the rain too much, you know, it always rains in the fall, but this is crazy. Where are our nice fall days. Walking in the crunchy leaves, just sweatshirt weather, sun shinning, all is well...???

I am missing fall, my favorite time of the year. (of course, I got fall all summer)

They lowered our lake to work on the dam, about 4 ft. We have had so much rain that the lake has raised about a foot. Seems they can't drain it fast enough.
glevely
Sanford, MI
(Zone 5a)

October 30, 2009
10:37 AM

Post #7223105

cparts I was up that way last week sure dose look awful I wonder what they did with all the fish ?? and how there going to get them back it will take years !!!!! ;0(
Gloria
Loon
AuGres, MI
(Zone 5b)

October 30, 2009
2:53 PM

Post #7223618

How do you lower a lake? Where do they pump all the water to?

It's raining here as well. The fields have big puddles in them and the ditches are filling up. I guess it could be worse. It could be snow!! I'm debating about whether or not to let the chickens out to free range in the rain. I don't want them catching a cold or trying to dry out in the cold wet. I wonder if they'd try to take a bath in the puddles?

I hope it's not pouring tomorrow night for the kids to go trick or treating.

Brenda
jylgaskin
Williamsburg, MI
(Zone 4b)

October 30, 2009
5:00 PM

Post #7223913

I guess I should have prayed for TWO sunny days. It is miserable here, but I let the chickens out to play anyway. There are so many slugs in the leaves that they are having a feast. They will dry out tonight in the coop. It is supposed to be not raining tomorrow night here. Not nice, but not raining. I guess that's as good as it gets this year.

cpartschick

cpartschick
Gladwin, MI
(Zone 5a)

October 30, 2009
11:05 PM

Post #7224993

Our lake is man made. The dam holds the water back from the river to make a lake. Because they are doing repairs on the dam, they have lowered the lake for the repairs. They take out some of the boards that hold back the water and let it run though.

This water runs down the cedar river to beaverton, where they are also repairing the dam. That lake looks way worse.

Our lake is still there, so fish are ok. There is just large edges of mud around the water.

Tonight when I cam home there was twice as much water as before. (I live on the end by the river and the water is lower here) (we had just the river coming through now, instead of a big pond)

The river is like white water rapids going by the dock.
Loon
AuGres, MI
(Zone 5b)

October 30, 2009
11:34 PM

Post #7225117

We were in Beaverton the other day and I noticed big mud areas around the edges of the lake. I wondered what happened.
Loon
AuGres, MI
(Zone 5b)

October 31, 2009
3:08 AM

Post #7225917

Hang onto your hats. I'm getting weather alerts in my email for emergency weather conditions. In addition to the driving rains we're getting high winds and it's supposed to be worse tomorrow. It said the winds will get up to 45 MPH. Batton down the hatches! Looks like it will be a Lifetime Movie Saturday for sure. :)

Brenda

cpartschick

cpartschick
Gladwin, MI
(Zone 5a)

October 31, 2009
10:34 AM

Post #7226614

Ooooh, I think they were stronger than that. I could hardly sleep last night. The wind just battered the house. It seemed like it was strong and then wham, a bigger gust would hit. Seemed like a hurricane.

This morning we noticed that our heavy strong tent thing over our boat is crumpled in a pile. It has withstood everything nature could pile on it before. We were going to take it down today and take the boat to storage. Now it is probably ruined. UGH.

I am sure our tent blinds in the woods, are somewhere in the next state. (they have never moved before, and we have had some bugger of winds in the past during hunting seasons) Luckily DH has the day off today. I have to work. He can chase the stuff down, and I can come home in time for lunch. hahahaaha
notmartha
Bay City, MI
(Zone 6a)

October 31, 2009
10:46 PM

Post #7228262

trellis down and leaves dont need raked!! LOL

i live in very flat open farm land we call "Dorothy Land''
windy here most days(10-20) a few tornadoes here and there
they may have gusted to 50ish last night
Ive seen it all here!!

poor kids out tonight in this dang cold!! :(

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Michigan Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
BUTTERFLY house notmartha 39 Mar 7, 2009 11:05 PM
MSU-BBALL notmartha 19 Sep 24, 2009 4:45 PM
Purple Moon Flower Question hairgirl5 9 Apr 11, 2011 5:42 PM
Ideas for Spring NjMcMullen 41 Sep 24, 2008 10:48 PM
the building or the GH notmartha 29 Sep 24, 2009 12:05 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America