-
AuthorContent
Jayryunen
Sapello, NM
(Zone 5b)

October 30, 2009
2:12 PM

Post #7223516

I know it's not "officially" winter til Dec., but it's 9* outside this morning with a light snow on the ground and friends, to me THAT'S winter...

The dogs are refusing to go outside and fighting for space in front of the wood stove, the only reason I fed on time this morning is because I needed to get another armload of wood, and I think there's a junco frozen to the bird feeder.

I'm tired of saying it's colder than a popsicle... it's waaaaaay colder than a popsicle, and I'm pretty sure I'd get bleeped if I put up what I grew up with, something along the lines of it's colder than a certain Wizard of Oz character's mammary glands (jeez, does that change in the translation)... so help me out here...

colder than a banker's heart?

Anybody else got winter yet?
lizards_keep
Colmesneil, TX
(Zone 8b)

October 30, 2009
3:25 PM

Post #7223685

I know how you feel, itís really getting cold around here too. The low tonight is supposed to be around 48 (burrrrr) and a high of mid 60ís. Donít know if these old bones of mine can handle much more of this :)

But I do wish my water-harvesting project had been up and running after the 5 Ė 6 inches of rain we got last night.

Stay warm.
Jayryunen
Sapello, NM
(Zone 5b)

October 30, 2009
4:04 PM

Post #7223770

Oh, don't you just hate that?!
Now that my big tank is all hooked up and filled, I watch the rain/snow run off the roof and think...

I could fill another one!

{Shut up, brain, shut up!}

LOL

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Homesteading Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Share your homesteading experiences and dreams. PeggieK 246 Jul 4, 2012 8:18 PM
Ways to "Live off the land", share your ideas PeggieK 149 Mar 25, 2010 10:10 AM
Looking for possible partners in a homestead darius 71 Mar 24, 2012 3:49 PM
Explain makshi 49 Aug 6, 2008 2:36 PM
Ducks vs. Chickens nivlac 85 Apr 23, 2013 6:45 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America