Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: Vines of Reunion Island, Part 4: Merremia tuberosa

Communities > Forums > Article: Vines of Reunion Island, Part 4
bookmark
Forum: Article: Vines of Reunion Island, Part 4Replies: 2, Views: 5
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
tecoma
Near Cartagena
Spain

October 30, 2009
5:05 PM

Post #7223927

Hola Jean-Jacques,I have the above vine growing here in southern Spain.It is growing up the tennis court fence so is quite big but it has never flowered despite being 3 years old.Have you any thoughts on why there are no flowers?Also,do you sell plumeria seeds?The other seeds I bought from you are all growing well.As always,I love your informative and interesting articles.Regards, Val Fuller

jjacques

jjacques
LE TAMPON
Reunion (French)

October 31, 2009
4:25 AM

Post #7226125

Hola Val
I never have grown this vine as it grows wild here so I do not know how long it takes from seeds to flowers...it should not be fussy regarding soil as it does well in ravines and fallows where soil is stony, maybe it does not like the sound of tennis balls;)) I do sale Plumeria seeds but I am out of them now, will let you know as soon as I harvest some.
All the best
Jean-Jacques
tecoma
Near Cartagena
Spain

November 2, 2009
12:02 PM

Post #7232883

Hola again,thankyou for your reply.Guess IŽll just have to wait some more.My greenhouse is on the tennis court----why would I want to play tennis?????Adios. Val

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Vines of Reunion Island, Part 4 Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
As always... Sharran 3 Oct 28, 2009 3:24 AM
Vines do it better Noturf 3 Oct 30, 2009 9:34 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America