-
AuthorContent
hocasatown
Portland, OR
(Zone 6a)

October 31, 2009
11:26 PM

Post #7228336

A friend moved and tossed me this guy so I want to learn more about him. What can I do to to make his environment better? New soil? New Home? Right now he is facing an East window at 4:00 PM - pretty good for Portland this time of the year.

I have searched through many brom's here but none looks like him. It would be nice to know who his parents are.

Would you Brom expert help me?

Thanks,

Thumbnail by hocasatown
Click the image for an enlarged view.

digital_dave
Springfield, MO
(Zone 6a)

November 12, 2009
1:58 PM

Post #7266577

Impossible to tell until it blooms. Best guess... either an Aechhea or Neoregelia since both genera have quite a few species that grow on long stolons. The length of the stolons suggests that your plant is fairly old. The option to cut the stolons and root the plants seperately is purely a personal choice. Many of these guys look really good in a hanging basket.

I would guess that a little more light is needed whenever I see Bromeliad leaves a bit long and skinny. But do it gradually.

Dave

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Bromeliads Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
bromeliads ..how to propogate????? pixiedust 11 Jan 10, 2009 5:14 AM
Aechmea Blue Tango giancarlo 16 Feb 4, 2008 7:24 AM
My cryptanthus collection Chris_Lorry 30 Mar 2, 2009 12:43 PM
Growing a pineapple from the store. mikekilhoffer 20 Feb 18, 2009 7:49 PM
Looking to trade for colorful Bromeliads and similar plants. bwilliams 10 Jan 14, 2008 9:03 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America