-
AuthorContent
jmzako
Ramona, CA
(Zone 9b)

November 7, 2009
2:16 AM

Post #7249174

I live in So. Cal and would like to repot an Agave victoriea-reginae. Is the time of year safe to do so and is it necessary to remove all the soil from the root system before repotting?
Thanks Jim

palmbob

palmbob
Acton, CA
(Zone 8b)

November 7, 2009
4:34 AM

Post #7249466

Most Agaves are pretty easy to repot, and just about any time of year... though the growing seasons are preferable to now (spring to summer).. However, if you keep it warm you can pretty much do anything you want to most Agaves here in southern California and they will do fine. Keep soil, get rid of it (I prefer the latter)... you can even rip off most of the old roots with little danger of damaging the plant... but I dont recommend doing this if you don't have to. Just don't overpot (too large a pot) as these Agaves rot easily if kept too moist, as they can be in large pots.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Introduction to Agaves Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
And what an obsession it is! podster 11 Oct 20, 2007 1:16 AM
podster and palmbob ceeadsalaskazone3 0 Oct 19, 2007 1:23 PM
great article-thanks dreamingflowers 5 Dec 7, 2012 9:26 PM
Thx from a Newbie - ? Agaves vs Yucca ? HoustonRick 1 Oct 22, 2007 7:32 PM
Plant names, genus effjayy101 1 Jun 1, 2008 3:23 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America