Mock Jug

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

We have a little community garden club and have decided to promote our club at a Hobby & Craft show in our local Community Center. One of the most attended workshops that we have in Feb or Mar is the Wintersowing. So in addition to our club members selling their crafts, I planted up a ws example for an upcoming workshop. I cheated & put it under lights, given the time of year, the lack of daylight hours, and cold temps. I will also do a how to sheet.

Thumbnail by joannabanana
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

The show is Nov 21 and the seedlings should be a nice display size

This message was edited Nov 8, 2009 2:49 PM

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

very cool, and GREAT idea!!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Nice!

My labels should be half so good on my own jugs, LOL

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I don't label the jugs like that...just for show. I used all the colors & extra info for the craft/hobby show. The show is next Saturday. (note: bought glossy oil base paint markers, extra fine point - Decocolor brand) and used them on all my plastic tags & jugs last spring. They did not fade at all and showed no signs of weathering. I got them from Michael's Crafts and used a 40% off one item coupon. 6 colors, best $14 I spent for marking plant tags & ws jugs Here's the demo jug today.

This message was edited Nov 16, 2009 5:38 PM

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Good tip on using the oil base paint markers!

(I didn't really think all of your jugs were so colorfully and completely labeled, LOL.)

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

I purchased a Red paint pen last year, same brand as the Black one i have... i'd say 99% of my 'red' tags faded, and i have no idea what most of those plants are now. :-(

SE Houston (Hobby), TX(Zone 9a)

See, this is the kinda helpful stuff I keep telling all my friends about!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Here's the poster that I did for the Craft/Hobby Sale tomorrow. Scrapbooking is NOT my thing. A little busy, but I think it should be ok.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Great job on the display! I was just going to post & ask if you were all set for tomorrow... have fun!

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

OH... i think it is fabulous!! have fun at your Craft sale.

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 6b)

Great job on the WS jug and poster and I bet everybody was impressed and convinced WS works! I want to check into joining a local Garden Club in January.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.