Photo by Melody

Article: Garbage Gardening: Grow a Pineapple Fruit Tree Plant!: Some of ours

Communities > Forums > Article: Garbage Gardening: Grow a Pineapple Fruit Tree Plant!
bookmark
Forum: Article: Garbage Gardening: Grow a Pineapple Fruit Tree Plant!Replies: 1, Views: 26
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
foodiesleuth
Honomu, HI
(Zone 11)

November 9, 2009
7:04 PM

Post #7256636

We grow pineapples the same way you do, Jeremy...and not only the nice big juicy ones but also have a few of the miniature ones which are not edible but very ornamental, especially in tropical flower arrangements.
Enclosing photo of two of our own pineapples flanking a farmer's market bought one...BTW, they are the Hawaiian white pineapple varieties which are quite sweet and juicy.

Thumbnail by foodiesleuth
Click the image for an enlarged view.

JaxFlaGardener
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

November 10, 2009
2:56 PM

Post #7259684

Wow! Now those are some authentic great-looking pineapple fruits, foodiesleuth! I will probably never get pineapple fruit that large due to the occasional freezes we get in winter which seems to stunt the growth and fruiting capabilities of the pineapple bromeliads and also makes a shorter growing period of warm weather. I would like to move to Hawaii for several reasons, with growing pineapples like yours very near the top of the list! LOL

Thanks for your comments and photos!

Jeremy

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Garbage Gardening: Grow a Pineapple Fruit Tree Plant! Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
growing pineapples ringbearer31 11 Dec 31, 2010 7:46 AM
Golden gardening opportunities... podster 8 Oct 8, 2007 11:33 PM
Pot size? imapigeon 3 Oct 15, 2007 1:49 AM
Pineapples billowen 0 Oct 8, 2007 8:37 PM
My pineapple pic Islandshari 9 Oct 12, 2007 4:04 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America