Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Weather: November Daily Weather - Season Changes 2

Communities > Forums > Weather
bookmark
Forum: WeatherReplies: 178, Views: 973
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 10, 2009
12:19 AM

Post #7257732

We are a group of friends from around the world talking about our weather and our lives. All are welcome to join the chat! We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1052702/

We've had Summer temps the last couple of days. Fall temps are supposed to show up in a couple of days. Hurricane Ida is bringing us some much needed rain in the meantime.

71.2 F
Overcast
Humidity: 82%
Dew Point: 65 F
Wind: 0.0 mphfrom the SE
Wind Gust: 3.8 mph
Pressure: 30.15 in (Steady)
Heat Index: 71 F
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 1400 ft
Mostly Cloudy 3400 ft
Overcast 6000 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 18 ft

Lake Wind Advisory in effect until 11 PM EST this evening...

Rest of Tonight
Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers. Lows in the upper 60s inland...in the lower 70s coast. Windy with east winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts to near 30 mph.

No snow and no ice, but plenty of Petunias on tap :)

Thumbnail by MySharona
Click the image for an enlarged view.

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

November 10, 2009
12:27 AM

Post #7257772

Any deer hunting going on? MN deer season opened Sat. On the news a little while ago they showed a deer a man shot that had 13 points & weighed over 400 lbs.

We finished digging our potatoes today. I think we could supply our little town all winter, except nobody bothers buying potatoes locally. They would rather buy super market potatoes that are sprayed with ever known chemical. Ever cut into a potato & it has black spots in it ? That is the result of being stored to cold. I believe it also is bad for your health.
Did you know potatoes are killed with chemicals so they don't get bigger than the market can bear ?

House is coming along fast now. We started sheeting & shingling the roof today. Should be done by Wed night. It goes slower than normal because we are matching the original house. It has open eves with wainscot showing between rafters. It takes 6 rows of boards to get the effect, then sheeting goes over that. The whole roof system needs to be shimmed to get everything flat. (We are very fussy, you know!)

Next step will be getting the windows in & then taking the walls out & put in supporting beams. That should be done by middle of next week. Then inside finishing will get under way.

60 again today! One day less of winter.
Bernie
kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 10, 2009
2:07 AM

Post #7258141

15*F clear and cold-perhaps it's a good night for Northern Lights to be out. Will check through-out the night. It's 5pm and nearly dark with a hint of pink sunset.
Thanks for the new thread, Sharon. Hope the petunias weather the rain and wind.
CG~our potatoes did well, too. We harvest the first week of Sept and they keep well. Interesting about the "store bought" potatoes.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

November 10, 2009
2:29 AM

Post #7258232

Bernie sounds great.
We need pictures! lol!

Deer hunting (Bow and Muzzle loader) have been going on here for some time now.
Gun season opens in 21 days.
Here in Ohio Shotguns only can be used.
The limits have been significantly raised this year.
6 deer may be taken in our area or zone. 3 Buck and 3 Antlerless.

A bit overcast today but warm.
T Shirts again...
Finished painting the GH and the eaves on the Sewing Room.
Then cleaned the back gutters... the leaves are just about done falling now.

Thanks for the comments on the HT.
Did a few changes today on it also.
Had to move a few hooks for towel hanging and some eyebolts for the solar lanterns.
It was too hot last night at 43 to have the doors shut.
That's VERY good! lol!

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

November 10, 2009
2:57 AM

Post #7258365

HIgh of 65 and cloudy all day.

Bow season started awhile back and rifle season starts Saturday. My brothers and my dad are going out. A friend and member on here (leaflady) needs some deer so they are gonna get her some and I will take them to her Sunday.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

November 10, 2009
3:15 AM

Post #7258442

Pepper I didn't know you and 'leaf' were buds!
We talk about daily on the Health Forum...small world!

Foggy and 50
Looks like another cloudy and mid 60's day tomorrow.

Ric

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

November 10, 2009
3:30 AM

Post #7258501

Boy, deer must be thick in Ohio & Missouri. We can't say we are going to go out & shoot a deer. We go deer hunting. Only 50% of the hunters actually get a deer.

If I think of it tomorrow, I will have pictures.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

November 10, 2009
3:42 AM

Post #7258574

We live in an urban area and see deer almost daily.
Last year they 'took' 230,000 deer in Ohio during the season.
Almost 500 were culled from a park near here by professional hunters...

Ric
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 10, 2009
4:03 AM

Post #7258676

It looks like deer season in southern CA starts the second Saturday of October and runs for 30 days, though there is one zone where it starts the second Saturday in August and runs for 44 day. It looks like you are allowed one buck. There is no place open for hunting right around here. In PA, buck season starts the Monday after Thanksgiving.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 10, 2009
11:58 AM

Post #7259249

Gun season for deer started in Arkansas this past week. Bow and muzzle loader season started in October. Deer are plentiful here, too. My 24 yr. old grandson had his Mustang badly damaged by a deer which jumped out in front of him while he was on the way to work early one morning in October. Fortunately my grandson wasn't hurt. He was supposed to get his car back last week--been driving a rental since the accident.

Nice photos, everyone!

Sharon, I will get the ajuga in the mail to you soon--will let you know when it is on the way.

Ric, I love that phrase you used in reference to Kiska's photo: "holding its breath waiting for the snow." That really paints a word picture! The HT is looking good and just think--if you run out of room in the GH, you can always put some plants in the HT area--LOL

Adina: looking forward to your next article on Hibiscus. I'm glad Kathy Ann was able to help you out--she is a sweetheart!

Bernie: being "fussy" is a very good thing when it comes to construction!! Have you ever seen that show "Holmes on homes" on HGTV? Wow, what a nightmare that shoddy workmanship can create for unsuspecting homeowners!!

patgeorge: Welcome to the weather thread--we chat about all sorts of things, including the weather--LOL

Kiska: looking forward to pics of your newly remodeled areas. :o))

Celia: no sickness is my house, thank goodness. Hope all is well with the rest of you folks!

Thanks to now Tropical Storm Ida, we were overcast all day yesterday but no rain fell on us. Temp was in the mid-70's--same forecast on tap for today. Unusually spring-like temps here. No snow in sight! LOL

Everyone have a good day!
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 10, 2009
12:30 PM

Post #7259290

I just read your article, Kelli, on "Reduce, Reuse, Recycle"--good job!!

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

November 10, 2009
12:31 PM

Post #7259294

A man near here, hit a deer with his motorcycle. He was thrown off & died. Deer are getting to be nothing but a nuisance instead of a big game animal. Years ago deer were in the woods of northern MN, not all over the state. They cause great damage in the farm fields & suburban gardens here. Untold numbers lay dead along the roads after being hit by cars & trucks. The state long ago ceased picking them up. They lay there until the buzzards & other animals get the cleaned up. The state can leave their dead livestock laying around, but farmers must pay to have theirs hauled away.

31 this morning. Lowest temp in a couple weeks.
Way above average temps this week.

Bernie
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 10, 2009
12:36 PM

Post #7259300

Bernie - That is interesting about the potatoes. I had no idea.

72.0 F
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 79%
Dew Point: 65 F
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 4.4 mph
Pressure: 30.03 in (Steady)
Heat Index: 73 F
Clouds: Few 1200 ft
Scattered Clouds 3400 ft
Mostly Cloudy 11000 ft
Mostly Cloudy 20000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Today
Cloudy...breezy. Chance of showers in the morning...then showers likely and slight chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. High 76. Southeast winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts to 25 mph. Chance of rain 70%.

Interesting shoot on the Epi Oxypetalum. If it is a stem for a bloom it will be the first time. I'm excitedt to see what happens :)

Thumbnail by MySharona

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

November 10, 2009
6:05 PM

Post #7260260

Welcome, Patgeorge!!! I've always been curious about Finland and the people. I think the language is beautiful to listen to.

I still have to catch up to everyone. One of my god-daughters fell off a horse yesterday and fractured the area between her eye and nose. She'll be fine and won't lose her sight but she looks she went a couple of rounds with Mike Tyson!

49.2 F with 61 for the high.
Mostly Cloudy
Windchill: 49 F
Humidity: 54%
Dew Point: 33 F
Wind: 2.0 mph from the SE
Wind Gust: 8.0 mph
Pressure: 30.26 in (Steady)
UV: 1 out of 16
Clouds: Few 13000 ft
Mostly Cloudy 16000 ft
Mostly Cloudy 20000 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 4383 ft

Thumbnail by kwanjin

kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 10, 2009
6:57 PM

Post #7260430

9*F ~ sun came up about an hour ago at 8:52. With clear skies, it really looked pretty.
Sunset: 4:27 Loss of: 5m19seconds.
Highs to the 20's.
ric~very inviting to see the hot tub surround.
marsue~today my gson/wife are coming over to help take out the old countertop. Now, the real dirty work begins:)) Will be all better on Thursday night.
There are no deer in my area to hunt.
There are deer on Kodiak Island and down in Southeast Alaska,the Sitka/Ketchican area. My son has flown out to Kodiak and had success; terribly expensive, but good eats. (Over $2,500)> That includes the flights and boat, plus other expenses.
kwanjin~get well soon wishes to your god-daughter.
pepper~lucky "leaflady"; sounds great.
kelli~will go to the forum next to read your article.
ric~very apt description as that's just it's been like~with a very late snowfall, we can now let our breath out. Each day w/out snow was exceptional.
Have a good day everyone.
Here's my way of greeting the new season each year~Barefeet in the snow.

Thumbnail by kiska

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

November 10, 2009
7:20 PM

Post #7260497

Great to have you here patgeorge!

75.0 F
Scattered Clouds
Dew Point: 57 F
Wind: 1.3 mph Variable
Wind Gust: 7.6 mph
Pressure: 30.10 in (Falling)
Heat Index: 78 F
UV: 3 out of 16
Clouds:
Few 4700 ft
Scattered Clouds 5500 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Nice day outside. Hopefully tomorrow will be the same thing, Veterans Day means no worky jerky for me!

Dang, I ate lunch now I'm just wiped out! Feel like it's Thursday here.

Going shopping with a friend tomorrow, and I've got to ask her to tell her husband, Dave's best friend from elementary school Greg, that he wants a deer if Greg gets two we'll pay him for one. Think that will fly?

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

November 10, 2009
7:32 PM

Post #7260525

Howdy Do All,

I wish I could say I've been doing exciting things this past month, but alas, no. Same old same old.

I canned 14 quarts of venison. SIL shot two does with a muzzle loader. One they took to the locker. The second they decided to try and cut up themselves. I had about 5# of waste from 29# of meat from the one they cut up. Not bad. We sampled a jar. Very good! They ordered a 1 HP grinder from Cabellas and since we bought it for them, we also ordered a juicer attatchment. I think canning tomato juice and applesauce will go a lot quicker if I don't have to go thru scalding and peeling. I can't wait to try it. The roasts and loin from the second doe are in my freezer right now. She was a little bigger.

It's 60, sunny and breezy. The grass is green as can be and so are a lot of the perennials even tho we've had freezing nights.

Sharon I thought about you when I heard about hurricane Ida. I'm glad she's being good to you. Love the petunias. Mine are still green, so I hope they're hardy enough to reseed next spring!

Bernie, we just ate the last of the red potatoes I grew. You must be digging Russets. I'm planting a lot more next spring. I wish I had a fruit room to keep a winter supply of homegrown. I'm way behind on everyone's doings so I'll have to wait for a picture.

Kiska, I didn't know you had a long enough season to grow potatoes. How wonderful!

Ric, wow! What a wonderful hot tub and building for it!

Pepper, how kind of your family to give Leaflady some deer. I haven't talked to her for quite a while. Hope she's doing well.

Marsue, DH's sister also just hit a deer. That's too bad about his Mustang. I'm glad he wasn't hurt.

Bernie, I agree. I don't know why they won't let hunters take more deer. SIL's nephews and sons donate their bucks to HUSH, for feeding the hungry. In my county, they have a list of people who will take a freshly hit deer (by a car.) When they were raising peregrine falcons to bring populations up, they also fed roadkill to them.

Celia, that was a scare. I'm so glad she's ok.

Kiska, I love your barefeet in the snow picture!!

Thumbnail by billyporter

joannabanana
Calgary, AB
(Zone 3a)

November 10, 2009
7:53 PM

Post #7260568

High of +9C or 47F, Low tonight 0C or 32F
Condition: Mainly Sunny
Wind: S 8 km/h or 5 mph
Relative Humidity: 36%
Pressure: 101.1 kPa or 29.85" falling
Dewpoint: -5.6C or 21.9F
Ceiling: unlimited
Visibility: 48 km or 30 miles

Altitude: 1084 m or 3556 ft
Latitude: 51.12
Longitude: -114.04

Sunrise: 7:43AM
Sunset: 4:56PM
Daylight Hours: 9 hrs 09 min

Hope to have the electrical job done today. I will have 3 plugs for the greenhouse. I plug outside for a decorative yard light and 2 sets inside. I plug has a switch so I can have a light. So far so good.

Kiska, I have to ask, how far did you walk in the snow barefoot?

Ric, Hot tub area looks nice & warm.

billyporter, what is venison?

Here's part of the GH electrical project.

Thumbnail by joannabanana

joannabanana
Calgary, AB
(Zone 3a)

November 10, 2009
7:54 PM

Post #7260571

Here's the backside of the same plug for the outside light

joannabanana
Calgary, AB
(Zone 3a)

November 10, 2009
7:55 PM

Post #7260573

Here's the dedicated plug for my heater and fan

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 10, 2009
8:01 PM

Post #7260594

Joanna: venison is deer meat :o))
I don't know what is wrong with my laptop but I can't get the thumbnails to enlarge properly so if I don't comment on your photos, please forgive me.
Celia: so sorry about your god-daughter--poor little thing--I hope she is doing better!
Kiska: neat tradition about the barefoot in the first snow thing--as long as your walk doesn't last very long--LOL

another beautiful spring-like day here--Tropical Storm Ida still hasn't dropped any rain on us.

This message was edited Nov 10, 2009 3:20 PM

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

November 10, 2009
9:00 PM

Post #7260791

Thanks for filling in for me Mau. Takes so long to get thru my threads, mail, and back again :o)

Joannabanana, how long is your growing season? I think all the Northerners I talk to have greenhouses. Your's looks like a nice one!
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 10, 2009
9:02 PM

Post #7260795

Now
Through 430 PM...showers will continue to move into Taylor...Lake Butler... Alachua...Jasper...Live Oak...Lake city and Trenton. Rainfall amounts of up to three quarters of an inch per hour can be expected. The showers are moving north northeast at 25 miles an hour.

It's getting closer...
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 10, 2009
9:04 PM

Post #7260804

I will try to enjoy everyone's rain vicariously.

Barefoot in the snow - I just about go into shock thinking about it. ;-) Then again, I don't go barefoot anywhere, not even on the beach. (too many stones)

Marilyn and Adina, thank you for your comments on my article.

Undoubtedly, my cousin and uncle will go doe and buck hunting this year and most likely will not get anything. They go up to their cabin in northern PA because that is more fun, but there aren't may deer there anymore. Deer don't want mature woods, they want farms and yards.

There don't seem to be all that many deer around here. We see them maybe 5% of the times that we go hiking. We do see tracks a good bit, though. There is no hunting in the Santa Monica Mountains, but I guess the coyotes and climate keep them under control. I don't recall ever seeing a roadkill deer around here. Someone who tries to garden in the Santa Monica Mountains or who farms in Camarillo might be able to tell me a different story about deer.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 11:51 AM PST on November 10, 2009
81 F
Clear
Humidity: 18%
Dew Point: 34 F

Another Thanksgiving cactus

Adina, someone wrote a DG Article about the difference between Thanksgiving cactus and Christmas cactus. http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/view/392/ Thanksgiving cactus is obviously an American name, and I would guess that everywhere else they are both called Christmas cactus. All of mine are Thanksgiving cactus, though I usually call them Christmas cactus.

Thumbnail by Kelli

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

November 10, 2009
9:25 PM

Post #7260859

Kelli I never saw any deer in CA either, and I was always up in the Sierra Nevada Mountains for day trips a lot, never saw anything. CA is so overpopulated it's hard to get any wildlife experience.

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

November 10, 2009
10:27 PM

Post #7261044

I don't grow any Russets.
We were digging Reds & Yukon Gold yesterday.

House is not going as fast as we thought. All the edges of the roof are done & the first row of sheeting is on all the way around. I will be heading for more material after a bit.
Bernie

Thumbnail by CountryGardens

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

November 10, 2009
10:31 PM

Post #7261053

Last picture is living room corner. Window with window box & the next 2 are living room windows. (I like windows!)
This picture is office corner. Double window & single window.
Bernie

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 10, 2009
11:32 PM

Post #7261242

The addition is looking good, Bernie!
Kelli: I read the article about the difference in the cactus and I have discovered that mine is a Thanksgiving Cactus--it is currently putting on buds. Mine is a white.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

November 11, 2009
1:37 AM

Post #7261673

Joanna that looks like you've got it all covered. Nice!
I know it gets VERY cold up that way.
Will you use it all winter?

Bernie I'm sure you are glad to get those roofing details finished.
Looks like it matches up VERY well.
Is the front overhang an entrance/porch?

Another shirtsleeve day here.
Cloudy but no wind at all mid 60's.
Sunny and cooler here tomorrow but still near 60 so...
Weird!

Robyn started placing the Holiday Trees today.
Looks like the backyard will be the focus this year.
They are running gas line down our street... possibly by early next week weather permitting.
They are doing almost 300' a day out on the main road. Thru asphalt.
Our gravel road should be a snap.

Ric
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

November 11, 2009
1:49 AM

Post #7261712

High of high 50s and mostly cloudy til late morning then the sun came out. Felt good too. LOL

Mau, I LOVE Holmes on Homes!!!! He does what my dad does except on a larger scale. Fix other people's mistakes plus normal remodeling. My dad even likes him and normally he's scoffing at the stuff TV people use. lol

Glad some of you know and like leaflady. She lives 45 min east of me on a HUGE farm and is super nice. She used to volunteer at Powell Gardens (my old job and where I now volunteer) before her health took a beating and she's the one who got me on here.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

November 11, 2009
1:57 AM

Post #7261737

Pepper she's a peach!
I met her thru Pebble and love her.
Give her a HUG for me when you see her next.

How's you're Dad like the guy who drops pianos on houses? lol!
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

November 11, 2009
2:36 AM

Post #7261881

He can't stand that guy. LOL. He stays mum on that cause if he lets loose he won't stop. LOL

I will definitely give her a hug for you!!
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

November 11, 2009
2:36 AM

Post #7261882

He can't stand that guy. LOL. He stays mum on that cause if he lets loose he won't stop. LOL

I will definitely give her a hug for you!!
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

November 11, 2009
3:47 AM

Post #7262106

I've met Pebble a long time ago but have never had the chance to meet leaflady.

Ya'll are funny.

The house is looking nice Bernie! It'll be done before you know it!
kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 11, 2009
5:29 AM

Post #7262355

13*F
Dark/clear
Nice seeing what's gone on today~our grandson/wife just returned home. They came over to help w/kitchen redo.
My walk in the snow is short lived~ only a dozen or so steps, so nothing at all extreme-just fun.
Potatoes do very well here; because they are disease free, seed potatoes are sold to Japan and Korea.
They are planted in late May-early June, and thrive in the cool summers; with 24 hour daylight, there's no let up in growing.
Have a good evening.

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 11, 2009
12:44 PM

Post #7262749

Pepper: I discovered Holmes on Homes over a year ago on HGTV and I really like his show. I just wonder who pays for all the re-construction he has to do on those jobs because it is obvious that the people he helps have already used up all their money by paying for something they didn't get.
Ric: who is the guy who drops pianos on houses?--I don't believe I have heard about him--LOL
Bernie: I meant to tell you that your comments about the chemicals sprayed on potatoes makes me want to stop eating potatoes--yuck!!
Kiska: looking forward to seeing photos once your remodel job is complete. :o))

Our weather is a repeat of yesterday. Nice!!

A Don Juan rose--this one was blooming in September but I have a couple of blooms on Don Juan even now. :o))

Thumbnail by marsue

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 11, 2009
12:54 PM

Post #7262775

Celia I hope your god-daughter will be ok. Sounds very painful.
Kiska- I think the snow would have melted under my feet LOL!
Crissy enjoy your day offme I have to work.
Sally Youve been busy! Ida was no threat to us, just some much needed rain.
Joanna nice greenhouse!
Mau Don Juan is looking good!

70.0 F
Overcast
Humidity: 88%
Dew Point: 66 F
Wind: 0.0 mph
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph
Pressure: 29.71 in (Steady)
Clouds: Few 1500 ft
Scattered Clouds 5000 ft
Mostly Cloudy 9500 ft
Overcast 20000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Today
Cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers. High 72. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph shifting to the north in the afternoon.

So far we've received 1" of rain.I'm hoping for more. Hibs are still doing well.

Thumbnail by MySharona

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 11, 2009
1:33 PM

Post #7262878

Happy Veterans Day!

I want to take this moment to thank all veterans for their dedicated and loyal service to our country. Thank you.

Thumbnail by MySharona

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

November 11, 2009
2:05 PM

Post #7262987

I am happy to say I am a veteran!
Happy veterans day to all my fellow veterans!
Bernie
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

November 11, 2009
3:19 PM

Post #7263241

Mau it's called Disaster House and is pretty bad.

http://www.diynetwork.com/disaster-house/show/index.html

A scarier show is Renovation Realities.
We almost saw two girls loose hands to a contractor's saw.
A towel got caught in it, don't ask, and they tried to get it out W/O unplugging the thing.
And the cameraman just sat and watched...and filmed of course...
OK a lot of people don't have DIY skills but these people are just STUPID not just uninformed.

Beautiful day going down here.
Near 60sunny.

Happy Veteran's Day!
Do you remember them giving out Red Poppies.
Here's the origin

In Flanders Fields

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly.
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved, and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.

This was the poem written by World War I Colonel John McCrae.

Ric
kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 11, 2009
3:43 PM

Post #7263318

Have a wonderful Veterans Day; this poem was from WWII so thought I'd post it as well.
Loved the poem you posted, ric.
24*F snow in the forecast for today.

Thumbnail by kiska

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

November 11, 2009
4:02 PM

Post #7263380

I can't watch either of those shows. Too much fighting goes on.

Ric and Kiska, both those I have read before and they made me cry again. Thank you. I'm going to pass those on to Darrell.

47.1 F with 67 for the high.
Overcast
Windchill: 47 F
Dew Point: 31 F
Wind Gust: 4.0 mph
Pressure: 30.12 in (Rising)
Clouds: Scattered Clouds 12000 ft
Overcast 20000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 11, 2009
6:41 PM

Post #7264029

I know what you mean, kwanjin:((

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

November 11, 2009
6:50 PM

Post #7264062

Happy Veterans Day. Thank You!!

Bernie, looks like a really nice house. I love windows!

Pepper, Leaflady is a survivor! I wonder how she does it sometimes. Tell her hi and hug her for me too.

55, sunny and breezy. I walked half a mile this early morn and came in to finish on the treadmill. I'm not ready for cold weather.

I love this fall picture. Cupplant against the blue blue sky.

Thumbnail by billyporter

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 11, 2009
7:01 PM

Post #7264110

Happy Veterans Day to all American friends !
Ric, love the poem.
Kelli, thanks for the link to the article. Both my Thanksgiving and Christmas Cactus have the same color like yours. I have 2 more from a friend which haven't bloomed yet, so I'm anxious to see if they are the same. Great article about recycling! Is this the time of year when daffs are blooming in CA?
Mau, love the rose! Kathy is a sweetie and has so many hibiscus! She sent me many pictures I used in my article. They are all hardy Hibiscus moscheutos, different hybrids. My article will appear tomorrow and you will see all there.
Sharon, lovely hibiscus and petunias! Your Painted lady hibiscus is in my article too!
Sally, wow, you've been busy!
Jackie, love that snow and ice! Must be so cold, brrr! So nice you'll have help with the kitchen redo. Still waiting for those pics...tap, tap, tap!LOL
Bernie, your house looks great! I know about the potatoes, the storage is bad here too. Too bad people don't know what's best . But I'm sure they will appreciate your potatoes.
Patgeorge, welcome!
Celia, poor girl! Must have been so painful! Send her my love and good thoughts for a quick healing. Sweet Corky!
Joanna, great job! Can't wait to see the plants there!
It's been sunny today after so many rainy days, but it's getting cold. I'm trying to do another dog house for Rita because she takes over the puppy's one and the poor guy had to stay out in the rain a few times.
This is a not so good view of a park in Bucharest, on my way back home. Took it from my car... Me and DH used to walk in this park when we were young...a hundred years ago!LOL
Hugs,
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 11, 2009
7:06 PM

Post #7264139

Sally, cross-posted with you, sorry! Great picture!
You all make me want to meet Leaflady too!LOL Seems such a nice person! Can you tell her to post here too?
Some of the mums...the leaves are dried off, but they keep on blooming.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA
(Zone 5a)

November 11, 2009
8:54 PM

Post #7264493

50 under sunny skies here in Pennsylvania today. Looks like sunshine and temps in the high 40's to low 60's for most of the next week.

I drop in from time to time and read the posts but it's hard keeping up with you guys! I've been building a new shady flower bed. I've hauled in 4 truckloads of stone for a curved wall for the back and still need around 2 more.

Bernie...Looks like the addition is moving along plenty quickly to me. Especially considering you're doing it yourself! Archery deer season opened here in PA the first weekend in Oct. and runs through this week. We've
had a few special days (rifle and flintlock) mixed in for seniors and kids too. I skipped archery season this year due to my work schedule. I'll hit rifle season hard though.

Ric...Wow, the bag limits are high over there. We are never allowed more then 1 buck per year and only 2 doe. (If you purchase an extra tag) the hot tub looks like it will be nice and cozy this winter.

In honor of Veterans Day here is a link to "Let Them In." John Gorka is a wonderful singer songwriter and this is one of the most beautiful and touching songs you will ever hear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsWUqziBzUo

Gotta head out to work. Here's a fall in Pa photo from last month.

early_bloomer

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

November 11, 2009
8:55 PM

Post #7264503

I will tell EvaMae about this forum. If she has enough time then she might come over here and post. Especially if I tell her several of her friends are on here. lol.

Sunny and decent out. Not warm but not quite chilly either. Kinda borderline. lol

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

November 11, 2009
9:56 PM

Post #7264691

I will tell Kassie that all my friends are thinking of her. I'm told she got right back on the horse and finished her ride.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 11, 2009
11:46 PM

Post #7265079

Lovely poems and video--thanks for sharing them!
My grandmother was a poet. In 1943 she won the Wildfire brochure contest by Wildfire Poetry Magazine of Dallas, TX.
This was one of her poems in the brochure:
"Peace! Peace!
Softly comes the echo of voices forever stilled in Flanders field.
Burnt offerings for peace, for freedom, their vibrant bodies were,
At Profit's greedy shrine.

Yet, echo answers echo,
'There is no peace.' "
---Sarah Mizelle Morgan

Things haven't changed, have they? When will it end?

In loving memory of AFC Tommy L. McDaniel, Jr.--3/19/1962---5/10/1981 killed in a peace-time accident while serving in the Air Force in Panama. He was my oldest son.

This message was edited Nov 11, 2009 5:48 PM

Thumbnail by marsue

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

November 12, 2009
1:25 AM

Post #7265424

(((Mau)))

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

November 12, 2009
1:39 AM

Post #7265456

Hugs from me =, as well. ;-(

(((Mau)))
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 12, 2009
1:46 AM

Post #7265477

This keeps up much longer (the deluge) I'll be needing a PFD (personal flotation device).

Thank you to those who served.
kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 12, 2009
1:51 AM

Post #7265490

With plans to post kitchen redo pics; I'll quietly step aside at this point to reflect on all/memories.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

November 12, 2009
1:57 AM

Post #7265514

e_b Thanks for that link.
They just played it on the radio here.

The first time I heard that song was at the 'Traveling Wall'.
Can't hear it now w/o remembering my cousin.
Second Lieutenant Arthur BRUMAGEN
18 years a Marine and also a Korean War Veteran
panel 12E, line 113 of the Vietnam Memorial Wall.
Artie taught me how to fish...

Kiska Thanks too!
Lovely poem what a nice remembrance.
My Father is rapidly becoming one of the last of an era.
The WWII veterans are fading fast.
Of the 16+ million men and women from the US 400,000 didn't make it back.
By 2006 4 million were still alive, now it's projected to be below 2 million.

Ric

This message was edited Nov 11, 2009 9:10 PM
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

November 12, 2009
2:53 AM

Post #7265686

Happy Veteran's Day to all veterans on here!! I salute you and all your comrades.

I have many relatives who are and have been in the service. My younger sister is in the Navy and a cousin is currently going thru Air Force boot camp. My grandpa helped build Oscar 1 at Whiteman Air Force Base in Knob Nobster, MO back in the 60s. He also flew in B-52s.
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

November 12, 2009
3:54 AM

Post #7265830

HAPPY VETERANS DAY!! Love everyone who has served and is serving, God Bless You!! The closest relative here is my dad was in the Navy in Vietnam, my grandfather (dad's dad) served in the Navy during WWI and WWII, and my grandfather (mom's dad) was in the Merchant Marines during WWII, my grandmother (mom's mom) was a cook in WWII. Dad's dad was a lot older than my mom's parents, dad's dad was born in 1895, my dad is just 64. So, dad's dad was 51 when my dad was born, dad's mom was 35, I never knew that!
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 12, 2009
1:46 PM

Post #7266531

Running late this morning. I'll be back later. Her's our Fall weather (YAY!!!)

53.4 F
Overcast
Humidity: 71%
Dew Point: 45 F
Wind: 3.2 mphfrom the SE
Wind Gust: 8.1 mph
Pressure: 29.83 in (Rising)
Clouds: Few 800 ft
Overcast 1700 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Today
Breezy...cooler. Mostly cloudy. High 63. Northwest winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.

Guess who is a big girl now at 1 year?

Thumbnail by MySharona

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

November 12, 2009
2:53 PM

Post #7266735

Happy Birthday 'Nut!

WOW looks like our temps won't be far off of Sharon's.
We're looking at 60 and sunny.
Should be back near 70 by Saturday.
They are still projecting temps 3 or 4 degrees (both highs and lows) above normal for the next 10 days...

Ric
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 12, 2009
2:54 PM

Post #7266736

Thanks for the hugs, Ric and Celia.

My beloved DH left this life one year ago today. I have posted a memory album on Facebook but if you aren't on FB, you can view it here if you like:
http://picasaweb.google.com/marsue777/BuddySFolderForFB?authkey=Gv1sRgCKr0oZvElKL4aw#

cooler today but sunny
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

November 12, 2009
3:05 PM

Post #7266779

I can't believe it's been a year (((Mau))).

Ric
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 12, 2009
3:16 PM

Post #7266812

{{{{HUGS Mau}}}} My thoughts and prayers are with you.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

November 12, 2009
3:59 PM

Post #7266960

58.3 F This is our high. 70% chance of rain/snow today.
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 32%
Dew Point: 28 F
Wind: 5.0 mph from the SE
Wind Gust: 16.0 mph
Pressure: 29.69 in (Rising)
Clouds: Few 7000 ft
Scattered Clouds 11000 ft
Mostly Cloudy 15000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

We STILL have snaps.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 12, 2009
4:27 PM

Post #7267031

Hey everyone!

Mau - it's hard to believe it's been a year already. ((((((HUGS))))))

I've been going through my own personal tragedy these past weeks. My husband (of 15 years) has decided to leave me (us) ... it's been a long time coming, he checked out of our marriage and family a long time ago. Doesn't make it any easier for me to accept it though. I wish I could say something nice about him, but I can't. Everyone I've talked to and sought council with have told me I'm better off without him. They're probably right and one day I'll hopefully reach the same conclusion. Now it just really, really hurts :-( I'll probably loose the house, my garden and the plant collection I've been building for the past 12 years ... to be honest that's an even scarier thought ...

I'll be lurking around the next weeks... it has to get better eventually ... (right?)

Rann

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

November 12, 2009
4:33 PM

Post #7267055

Oh, Rann!!!!! (((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUG))))))))))))))))))))))))) to you and the girls!!!
Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

November 12, 2009
4:52 PM

Post #7267122

(((((((((((((Marilyn))))))))))))))))))))

Happy Birthday, Peanut!!

It's a gorgeous day here again. There's no chance of rain until Sunday. It's supposed to be clear again by Monday night/early Tuesday morning, when there is going to be a huge meteor shower. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonids

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 9:53am CST (55 min ago)
Temperature 65 F 18 C
Dew Point 53 F 12 C
Humidity 65%
Pressure 30.14 in 1020.5 mb
Wind Speed 5 MPH 4 kts
Wind Dir E 100
Ceiling Unlimited Unlimited
Visibility 7 mi 11.3 km
Current Conditions Clear
6 hour min temperature ending 5:53am CST : 50.0F / 10.0C

Today Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 70s. East winds 5 to 10 mph.
Tonight Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 50s. Southeast winds around 5 mph.

Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

November 12, 2009
4:53 PM

Post #7267131

Oh, Rannveig... we crossed. I'm SOOO sorry!!! ((((((((((((((Rann))))))))))))))))) I'll be praying for you and the girls!!

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 12, 2009
7:49 PM

Post #7267758

(((((((Rann)))))), I'm so sorry to hear this...must be so hard! Hugs to you and the girls!
(((((((Mau))))))), such a sad celebration. (((((Hugs ))))
Sharon, Happy Birthday for sweet Pea!
It's been sunny, but cold today, only 50. My article has been rescheduled for November 20. They had some other seasonal articles for today. Terry congratulated me for the best article I wrote so far...made me so proud!
Adina
kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 12, 2009
7:51 PM

Post #7267770

9*F
Cloudy w/some sun trying to get through.
Marsue~a year~many thoughts of you and many hugs, too.
rann~so sorry for the terrible time you're going through.Wish there were words to express just how much you too, are on my mind.
kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 12, 2009
7:53 PM

Post #7267774

crossed/Adina~
congrats on your upcoming article; sounds great.
kelli~loved your article, as well.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 12, 2009
11:29 PM

Post #7268340

Oh, my goodness, Rann--I am so, so sorry. I truly can relate--I was divorced from my first husband in 1980--my two youngest sons were 8 and 10 at the time. The death of a marriage is very similar to, and yet at the same time very different from, the death of a spouse. If I have any words of consolation for you, it is to tell you that at some point in the future you WILL smile again. However, I know full well that that doesn't make things any easier for the present. I know how much my DG friends have meant to me over this past year. My DG friends have comforted me with so many loving words, not to mention their acts of kindness and I could truly feel their prayers like comforting arms around me.
I am hopeful that you will find the same thing to be true for you. Big, big hugs to you and to the girls!
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 13, 2009
12:00 AM

Post #7268461

Oh, Rann, (((((((hugs))))))) I don't know what to say, but my eyes teared up.

(((((((hugs))))))) to you too, Marilyn.

Adina, you asked about daffodils here. The small narcissus start blooming now and the regular daffodils come much later, like February. Spring flower bulb season stretches out for about six months here.

Off and on cloudy-ish today. Man, it sure is getting dark early. I guess it is partly due to the cloudiness, but at this rate, by solstice, it will be getting dark at 3PM. (Actually not. The earliest sunset at this latitude is around Dec. 5. "What's she yappin' about," you say? See this web site for some explanation. http://www.idialstars.com/eass.htm)

Updated: 2:51 PM PST on November 12, 2009
69 F
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 40%
Dew Point: 44 F
Wind: 12 mph from the SSE

The following are pictures of Chrismas stockings I made for my sister and her family.

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 13, 2009
12:01 AM

Post #7268469

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 13, 2009
12:03 AM

Post #7268480

... ...

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 13, 2009
12:04 AM

Post #7268483

asdfghjkl zxcvbnm

Thumbnail by Kelli

Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

November 13, 2009
12:09 AM

Post #7268505

Those are beautiful, Kelli!
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 13, 2009
12:43 AM

Post #7268647

Beautiful stockings, Kelli! Looks like you put a lot of time and effort into making them! Only I didn't understand the message in your last post--were you typing in code? LOLOL

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

November 13, 2009
12:51 AM

Post #7268683

Roof is done! Most windows are in. Whole thing is closed in. Tore out old wall this afternoon. Beam will go in, in the morning. Old door is temporary door now.

Looks like the cabinet job I am estimating & designing is a go. Need to stop by their house with some final ideas & prices. Will do that tomorrow afternoon before I go to Farmers Market fall meeting. We have a pot luck supper & talk over the past season & new ideas for the next year.

Eating one of my last tomatoes for supper. Still very tasty!

Bernie

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

November 13, 2009
1:10 AM

Post #7268727

High of 63 and sunny til afternoon. Then the clouds rolled in.
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 13, 2009
1:14 AM

Post #7268742

Thank you, Marylyn and Marilyn. (The more pictures you post, the more text you have to add or the system won't accept the picture, so I just typed in some random stuff.)
kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 13, 2009
1:38 AM

Post #7268789

18*F for today's high.
Kitchen countertop/new sink is in less than an hour ago. Note Pioneer Peak-view from kitchen sink.

Thumbnail by kiska

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 13, 2009
1:41 AM

Post #7268797

Wow! It looks like you have a painting over the sink. I had to show DH that one.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

November 13, 2009
2:57 AM

Post #7268981

Rann as Mau says many of us have been there.
We are in your corner and you will SMILE again.
Hugs to You and the Munchkins.

Ric
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

November 13, 2009
3:00 AM

Post #7268991

Kelli those are marvelous!
What a great project.

Bernie it looks HUGE!
Nice work!!
Congrats on the new contract too.

kiska I love it!
Love that view and wish I had one like that...w/ maybe Diamond Head... lol!

Ric

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

November 13, 2009
4:17 AM

Post #7269161

Beautiful countertop. I like the looks of the under mount sink. Should be a snap to keep clean.

Tonight I put another coat of mud on the bathroom.

Bernie
kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 13, 2009
5:54 AM

Post #7269328

Thanks; the view from above the sink really makes for a great way to spend time there.
kelli~your sister/family will have gorgeous stockings for years to come; they are beautiful
ric~As beautiful as Diamond Head is, unfortunately it's in a "warm weather" zone.
CG~another project well underway; hope the meeting went well and that all had a good season.
10*F
Sunrise: 8:58 AM AKST
Sunset: 4:22 PM AKST

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 13, 2009
8:24 AM

Post #7269468

Kiska, love the countertop and also the view from your window sink...I first thought it was a painting too!LOL
Kelli, those stockings are so beautiful! Did you stick all those items on them or sew it? Or did you do it yourself?
Bernie, great job! You were ready in time for the bad weather.
Our light stays a bit more than Jackie's...not so precise hours, but sunrise is about 7a.m and sunset 5 p.m.
I was going to make a new dog house for the doggies yesterday and I started to put the wooden boards together at 4 p.m.. Until I found all I needed and figured out how to put those boards together it was dark...grrr! I hope I can finish today since I am staying at home, having a day off.
We had sun this morning...late morning, at 8:30!LOL It dissapeared soon, covered by many clouds...ugh! It was freezing last night. Here's frost on the grass...and the path you know.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 13, 2009
8:26 AM

Post #7269471

Close-up.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 13, 2009
8:28 AM

Post #7269473

Mums.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 13, 2009
8:29 AM

Post #7269475

More mums.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 13, 2009
1:18 PM

Post #7269744

Grrr-I just lost my post--have to start over!
Kelli: LOL--I didn't know that about needing more text for more pictures you post.
Kiska: lovely countertop and sink--an even lovelier view out the window!! Lucky you, but like Ric, I would prefer a warmer climate for the view out my window. :o)) I was trying to think of the name of your type of sink when Bernie came along and supplied the word: "undermount" LOL
Adina: great pictures! Your mums are still blooming--mine have faded but they did last a long time.

Cooler today: It was 36*F at 6 a.m. on my back porch with a light frost on the ground.

sunrise this morning--you can see the moon in the upper right corner--I didn't realize it was in the picture until I saw it on my computer

Thumbnail by marsue

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

November 13, 2009
2:46 PM

Post #7270007

Beautiful Sunrise Mau!
I'm sure the last few days have been pretty emotional.
I'm thinking it probably was just the thing you needed to lift your spirits.
Start a file for next year's photo contest and put this on in it!
I would get my vote.

Kelli I forgot to mention your article.
Perfect.
Very informative and you got a few people here at Dave's to think differently about the whole concept.
That's not easy to do.
It would make a good LA Times Sunday Paper piece.
Kudos!

Kelli mentioned the early sundowns now.
Well if you've never experienced a desert sunset there's another aspect too.
There is very little twilight.
My BIL's place is basically in a valley... well about everything built up out there is...
Mt's to the east and north and blocked view to the west.
So it seems one minute the sun is going down, the next it's DARK.
Look to the east and the San Gabriel's are in full sun then poof!
No humidity, No Alpine glow.
But occasionally the high clouds over the ocean hold the light.
No sky glow just brilliantly lit clouds. Pretty cool.
And actually out there many more stars are visible than here in Cincinnati.
(Some of that is due to the altitude)
The light pollution here is so bad we never see dark.

kiska as Mau said the whole cold issue...lol!
Do you have a closeup of the tiles?

Currently: 39 (Wind Chill 35)
Dew point: 34 Wind: NE 4 MPH
Today: High 64 Low 37 Sunny
Average: High 55 Low 37

Today's Sunrise: 7:20AM Today's Sunset: 5:26PM
(10:06 hours of sunlight)

Got a couple of funny shots yesterday.
If you have cats you KNOW they pick strange sometimes inexplicable places to crash.
Well...

Kat in Robyn's wreath project.

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

November 13, 2009
2:47 PM

Post #7270013

Missy on a ...
HOW can that be cormfortable? lol

This message was edited Nov 13, 2009 9:48 AM

Thumbnail by henryr10

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

November 13, 2009
2:50 PM

Post #7270017

We haven't really had a kiiling frost or freeze yet.
Some spotty stuff but...

Here's the Nicotiana by the front hedge.

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

November 13, 2009
4:05 PM

Post #7270184

I still haven't caught up completely, so, I'll start over here.

Ric, LOLing at your kitties. I don't see how a lot of places they sleep can be comfortable. Cool pic of the fly.

Mau, great sky pic! The moon looks so far away.

Adina, I like your frost pics. Looks cold! Brrr! But the flowers are pretty.

31.6 F with 43 for the high.
Scattered Clouds
Windchill: 32 F
Humidity: 64%
Dew Point: 21 F
Wind Gust: 4.0 mph
Pressure: 29.93 in (Rising)
Clouds: Few 3000 ft
Scattered Clouds 5000 ft
Scattered Clouds 7500 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Still have a few flowers. "Fanfare" Gaillardia and Allysum.

This message was edited Nov 13, 2009 9:05 AM

Thumbnail by kwanjin

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

November 13, 2009
4:06 PM

Post #7270192

NOID mini rose.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

November 13, 2009
4:08 PM

Post #7270198

Common Gaillardia.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

November 13, 2009
4:09 PM

Post #7270202

I forgot the name for these!

This message was edited Nov 13, 2009 9:11 AM

Thumbnail by kwanjin

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

November 13, 2009
4:10 PM

Post #7270209

"Milky Way" Morning Glory.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

November 13, 2009
4:11 PM

Post #7270213

"Tomato Soup" Coneflower.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

November 13, 2009
4:12 PM

Post #7270217

Pot Marigolds.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

November 13, 2009
4:14 PM

Post #7270218

The pink version of the blue one.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

November 13, 2009
4:15 PM

Post #7270222

NOID Marigolds.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

November 13, 2009
4:16 PM

Post #7270224

This Coneflower is still trying to hold on.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

November 13, 2009
4:19 PM

Post #7270229

Golden Barberry is coloring beautfully.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

November 13, 2009
4:20 PM

Post #7270231

Forget Me Nots.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

November 13, 2009
4:21 PM

Post #7270233

Mums, of course.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

November 13, 2009
4:22 PM

Post #7270235

What cute and pretty pictures!!

Look at my fall weather:
57.0 F
Clear
Humidity: 59%
Dew Point: 43 F
Pressure: 29.92 in (Falling)
UV: 3 out of 16
Clouds:
Clear -
(Above Ground Level)

High: 70 F RealFeel: 69 F
Partly sunny and pleasant

Luvin it!

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

November 13, 2009
4:23 PM

Post #7270238

Even the "Betty Boop" Rose is blooming. A little ragged but beautiful still.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

November 13, 2009
4:25 PM

Post #7270249

Thanks, Crissy. One more...the Feverfew.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

November 13, 2009
4:46 PM

Post #7270327

The blue one looks to be a Centuria montana.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

November 13, 2009
4:47 PM

Post #7270329

Thanks, Ric. That's it.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

November 13, 2009
5:28 PM

Post #7270470

:-)
kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 13, 2009
7:00 PM

Post #7270720

16*F
Snow showers; highs 15-20*F
It's great to see flowers and colors posted this morning. Other than black, white and gray, those will the colors here for the several months.
ric~the tiles in front of the sink, are coasters. I stuck them there many years ago. (I use Sticky-type putty).

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

November 13, 2009
10:35 PM

Post #7271344

56 and cloudy. We're to get rain tonight into tomorrow. I'll have to see it. It was pretty breezy out of the south again, but didn't warm up that much.

So many beautiful pictures!

Pepper, it would be great to have Eva here!

Mau, that is a lovely poem. RIP Tommy. And your husband. Oh Mau, you have so much to think about (((BIG HUG)))

Kiska, I love how you said you would quietly step aside. Very respectful.

Sharon, Happy Birthday Sweet Pea!

Oh Rann, I am so very sorry. My heart is aching now with everyone's sorrows. ((((BIG HUG BIG HUG BIG HUG))) for you and the girls. They'll have to grow up a little faster now. I wish I could help.

Adina, congratulations! I've enjoyed your articles that I've had time to read. I've been trying for 3 days to clear my threads. On a lighter side, DH did say next month we'll try for a new computer. Finally.

Kelli, the stockings are beautiful! You are so talented!

Bernie, you are such a worker!

Kiska, what a gorgeous view and a wonderful kitchen! Just beautiful!

Adina, you amaze me with your accomplishments! Gorgeous mums too!

Mau, what a absolutely gorgeous sky!

Ric, love your cats!

Celia, you have a lot of beautiful flowers left!

Finally, my quail collection, with those Celia sent me at 10 and 11 o'clock :o)

Thumbnail by billyporter

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 13, 2009
10:38 PM

Post #7271360

Ric: cute cat photos! Cats are such funny creatures! Thanks for the idea about putting the sunrise photo in next year's photo contest.
Celia: you have a lot of flowers still blooming! Very pretty! I still have a few blooming, too, including, salvia, zinnias, gaillardia, several different roses and others. All six of my Knock-out roses are going bonkers--they are really putting on a show. I keep expecting that we will have a killing frost any day now but it hasn't happened yet. I'm enjoying our mild weather while it lasts!!! I'm still jealous of your Tomato Soup--LOL--perhaps mine will bloom next year.

another pleasant day--it was 62 a litle earlier.

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 13, 2009
10:45 PM

Post #7271375

nice quail collection, BP! I have two brass quail like the one in your photo. I hope you get that new computer next month! :o))

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

November 13, 2009
10:49 PM

Post #7271392

Thanks Mau, I'm demanding a laptop. We both spend so much time online that it's too hard to share a computer. Besides, I can be out in my kitchen.
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 14, 2009
12:21 AM

Post #7271688

The wife bought a "net-book" a couple of weekends ago - Wallyworld - 10" display, 1 Gig of ram, 160 Gig hard drive, built in wi-fi access - no optical drive (cd, dvd etc). I set it up to run on the wireless network in about 5 minutes. So far she has been happy - and there have been many less "I need the puter" problems.

Windy & cold but at least the rain has stopped.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

November 14, 2009
1:29 AM

Post #7271926

We have had very nice weather. No snow or rain to speak of yet.

Sally, the quail look great!
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

November 14, 2009
1:48 AM

Post #7271969

High of 68 today with gusty winds. Mostly sunny this morning then cloudy this afternoon. We have a chance of rain tomorrow but the best chance starts Sunday and runs til Weds with it getting to the freezing point at times and could change to snow. Gonna be a nail biter of a week.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

November 14, 2009
2:06 AM

Post #7272028

bp I'll send you a few sites on the computers.
I've use both and love them.
I got a new laptop last Spring and love it.

Love the Quail!
Is it OK to say they taste good too?
My favorite game bird.

Great idea kiska.
They look great!

Celia it's amazing how well your plants are doing.
Looking Good!

Well I almost got the Sewing Room roof trim finished today.
It kinda got back burnered... lol!

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 14, 2009
3:06 AM

Post #7272223

15*F Dark (as in "dyson" dark"...
Mostly cloudy with flurries in the evening.
Lows 5 below to 5 above. North wind 10 to 15 mph. Wind chills zero to 15 below.
pepper~seems your weather is always on the move))
Loved the quail collection, kwanjin.
ric~can't imagine that you'd become sidetracked:)) It's going to be a very nice sewing room.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

November 14, 2009
4:16 AM

Post #7272343

LOL! Me either.

Brrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 14, 2009
1:59 PM

Post #7273047

Good morning!

It's partly cloudy, fairly calm and 42F. Pretty nice for November. Yesterday was pretty pleasant as well. I've been kind of dazed for most of this fall and haven't felt like working in the garden at all. I went outside for a bit yesterday and got some of the Rhododendrons wrapped up for winter. Still have to get the roses bundled up. It's kind of hard to go out there, the garden means so much to me and I just can't stand the idea of loosing it. Don't know what I'll do with all my roses ...

Thank you everyone for your kind words and support. It might not seem like much but it really means a lot to me :-) I'm so lucky to have had the privilege to get to know you all :-)

Rann
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

November 14, 2009
2:38 PM

Post #7273114

Rann the pleasure has been all ours.
It's been amazing learning about Iceland though such a personable gardener's eyes.
Add the girls, rabbit and fireworks...lol!

Well ANOTHER amazing day on tap.
70 and Sunny... thru the next 2 days...
Then Sunny and 60 for the week.
Lows near 45...
Man I have never seen a Nov like this.
We are going to PAY for this I'm sure...lol!

Ric
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

November 14, 2009
3:01 PM

Post #7273164

Rann big big big hugs hun. I am so sorry that he has to be like that, but you'll be alright, just one of life's little mishaps. I never thought you could grow much of anything in Iceland, thought it was covered in ice all the time. It is great learning about it.

Here's what happened at DH Dave's work yesterday. They laid off 150 people and fired a bunch more, here's what he was told:

They're not laying him off yet, but they laid a bunch of people off both temporary for 60 days and permanently. The ones that are laid off for 60 days come back January 2nd, then Dave and some others go on vacation for 4 weeks, then gets laid off. Of course things can change and none of that may happen, or only part of that may happen and who knows which part! I'm so darn mad about it, glad he knows what might transpire, but I'm tired of living on pins and needles financially not knowing what's going to happen. We can't live on my salary alone. So I don't know, take it one day at a time I guess.

56.1 F
Clear
Humidity: 83%
Dew Point: 51 F
Wind Gust: 1.6 mph
Pressure: 29.88 in (Rising)
Visibility: 5.0 miles
Clouds:
Clear -
(Above Ground Level)

Today
Partly sunny. Highs in the lower 70s. South winds 5 mph.
Tonight
Mostly cloudy. Lows in the mid 50s. Southeast winds 5 mph.

Yea Ric, seems we always pay for having good weather here. Isn't like that in CA.
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 14, 2009
3:28 PM

Post #7273230

Sunny, warm (50's) working on the front porch door - I could have bought a new one for what I have paid for and destroyed in lexan so far. Live and Learn.
kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 14, 2009
3:52 PM

Post #7273282

1*F
Sunrise: 9:03 (in about 2 hours from now)
Sunset: 4:17
Mostly cloudy with isolated snow showers. Highs 10 to 15 above. Variable winds to 15 mph. Northwesterly gusts to around 25 mph over higher terrain.
Wind chills 5 below to 20 below in the morning.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

November 14, 2009
6:00 PM

Post #7273601

Dyson I feel your pain.
Lexan is very tricky stuff to work with... I've destroyed my share believe me.

We're up to 60 now and climbing.
Sorry kiska...lol!

Ric
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 14, 2009
6:35 PM

Post #7273699

{{{{Rann}}}} I am so sorry to hear this news. I will be praying for you and the girls. I agree with Marilynknow that we are here for you.
Kelli Good job on the stockings they are beautiful!
Bernie You sure are making fast work of the remodel! Looks great!
Kiska I love the new kitchen and the view is to die for (well not literally)!
Adina great pics! Im looking forward to our first frost. I know Im not normal for a southerner LOL!
Mau Wow beautiful sunrise!
Ric LOL at Kat and Missy. They can sure pick some odd sleeping spots, huh?
Celia- I cant believe you still have all those flowers blooming! Thats awesome!
Sally Hope you are able to get that new computer next month! Cute quails!
Dyson We have our own pcs and laptops. Otherwise no one would be able to get on-line.
Rann My heart is breaking for you. Youve been a blessing to us as well.
Crissy Sending hugs your way too.

75.0 F
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 37%
Dew Point: 47 F
Wind: 4.3 mph from the South
Wind Gust: 8.8 mph
Pressure: 29.92 in (Falling)
Heat Index: 77 F
UV: 6 out of 16
Clouds: Few 25000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

It's a gorgeous day outside. I think I'm going to go for a walk :)

Thumbnail by MySharona

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

November 14, 2009
7:37 PM

Post #7273851

51 and holding steady. Drizzling off and on all day so while the temp's decent it's miserable with the rain.

My brothers and my dad went hunting this morning with no luck. It's pretty quiet around here today gun wise. Normally gunshots would be richoceting everywhere. So I'm assuming everyone in the area today is having rotten luck for the most part.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

November 14, 2009
8:44 PM

Post #7274019

Speed up Sharon.
Peacock is better than Quail!

68 and AHHHHHHHHHH...

Trim work is done off to see football

Ric

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 14, 2009
8:53 PM

Post #7274034

Ric - that is sooooooo wrong!!

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 14, 2009
8:55 PM

Post #7274041

Celia, great show of your blooms!
Ric, great job! Cute pictures of your kitties! Both are so white and so black...cutie, cutie!LOL Keep us posted with Robyn's wreath, I'm anxious to see it when ready! I'll need some ideas for mine this year.
Sharon, cute neighbors...LOL... and beautiful neighborhood! I'd love to see palms all arround...sigh!
Kiska, don't talk like that! Snow has it's beauty and your pics are always so amazing! Soon you'll have visitors the moose...haven't seen them in a while!
Sally, how cute! Thanks for reading my articles. Since I got my laptop, DH says it's my new lover!LOL I always carry it everywhere I go!LOL Hope you get one soon!
Dyson, nice to hear you have such a beautiful weather!
Rann, I understand how you must feel...how are the girls taking it?Why are you saying you will loose the garden? Are you going to move out? I would have thought you and the girls would remain in the house...sorry if I'm a bit nosy! Just know I care so much for you and the girls. Sending hugs to all 3!
Crissy, I hope your DH won't loose his job...just don't give up hope and think about the worse.
Mau, I'm with Ric : great sunrise!

I have more mums to show you . It's been a bit cloudy, but we had some sun too. No rain, no wind, pretty warm fo rthis time of year, 53.
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 14, 2009
10:47 PM

Post #7274362

Ric: I can't imagine you getting sidetracked, either. After all you haven't had anything else to do lately!!! LOLOL I think you are right---we are going to pay for the unseasonably warm weather!!
kiska: brrrrrr!!
Dyson (or ric): what is Lexan? Is that a type of laminated wood?
Sharon: looks like the peacock thought it was a nice day for a walk, too. Your ajuga is in the mail as of yesterday--hope it is still alive when it gets there because I packaged it up on Wednesday but didn't get it mailed till Friday.
Pepper: send your dad and brothers down here--I saw two deer in a ditch beside the road this morning. I'm lucky they didn't jump out in front of me while I was driving down the highway.
Adina: more beautiful mums!
Rann: dear, please know that we are all thinking about you and the girls.((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Rann and Selma and Hildur Eva)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Currently 70*F on my back porch--would you believe it? The rest of the stats for my area are the same as Crissy's.

I don't think I have mentioned it on this thread but my little dog Friday went missing for a few hours on Thursday afternoon. He pulled out of his harness while tethered on the back porch and the next thing I knew he was gone! Thanks to some children who found him and put him in their backyard and to my next door neighbor, John, who went looking for him, Friday found his way back home, with John's help.
I was frantic for a while because I was so worried that he might get flattened by a car or a school bus. I live on a busy street with lots of traffic--I am within a mile of four schools so there are lots of school buses going back and forth at various times of the day. Friday is home safe and sound and he won't get another opportunity to do that again!!
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 14, 2009
11:41 PM

Post #7274560

Lexan is a plastic material - very clear - very hard to tool. breaks if you look at it sideways - but looks good when installed.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

November 14, 2009
11:42 PM

Post #7274565

I can't seem to catch up here! LOL

Mau, so glad Friday was not hurt and was found safe! That would be scary. Crystal went missing for 7 hours one bright sunny Saturday when she was 8 years old. We had neighbors and the police scouring the neighborhood. We found her playing in another neighbors basement and they didn't know she was there. The best and worst day of my life.

I've had quail but not peacock. Ric, you have me curious now.

29.0 F
Overcast
Windchill: 29 F
Humidity: 89%
Dew Point: 26 F
Wind Gust: 1.0 mph
Pressure: 30.12 in (Rising)
Clouds: Few 1300 ft
Scattered Clouds 2100 ft
Overcast 8500 ft
(Above Ground Level)

It snowed today for real, so, when it started, I went out and rescued some of the flowers.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 14, 2009
11:57 PM

Post #7274607

My grandma said that they used to have a peacock on their farm but eventually they ate it. I don't know why.

Marilyn, I'm glad Friday is back and safe. We don't don't need any more troubles here with the peeps.

Crissy, I hope things work out all right for you.

Adina, I glued the stockings together. As you probably figured, they come as a kit. I cut out the pieces, embroidered the details, sewed on the beads and sequins, stuffed the relevant areas, and glued it together.

Ric, I'm glad you liked the article. Thanks. As for the twilight here, I can't say I've ever paid any attention. Maybe that means there isn't much to pay attention to.

They're calling for it to get into the high 30s tonight.

Updated: 2:51 PM PST on November 14, 2009
67 F
Clear
Humidity: 37%
Dew Point: 40 F
Wind: 4 mph from the SE

We went to the Arboretum today. They were having a pottery show. The artists were very friendly. I don't mean to sound corny, but they were a really down-to-earth group. They had a lot of wonderful things. I got these two simpler things. The fish is supposed to be a toothbrush holder but I'm going to use it as a pencil holder. The other thing is a sugar bowl.

Thumbnail by Kelli

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

November 15, 2009
12:07 AM

Post #7274630

We are getting there, slow but sure.

joannabanana
Calgary, AB
(Zone 3a)

November 15, 2009
12:46 AM

Post #7274752

Hope everyone had a great day! Great pictures everyone.

Been busy with some fall cleaning (closets & such). Need to wash down the inside of the greenhouse, which I will do tomorrow. Another Chinook is due in and our temps will remain above freezing (night) and highs of +15C or 59F until Thursday. Should get some outside stuff done, except the days have become very short (8 hours, 57 minutes) and by the time I get home from work there seems to be only minutes until sundown. I need to shut off all my solar lights since the sun is so low and days are so short, most don't charge enough to be on more than an hour if at all.

Went to a Christmas Market today and bought stuff for me only. Ooops, was suppose to shop for Christmas presents. Oh well, lots of time for shopping.

High of +2C or 36F, Low tonight -5C or 23F
Condition: clear
Wind: S 17 km/h or 11 mph: wind chill -6C or 21F
Relative Humidity: 52%
Pressure: 101.5 kPa or 29.99" falling
Dewpoint: -10C or 14F
Ceiling: unlimited
Visibility: 64 km or 40 miles

Altitude: 1084 m or 3556 ft
Latitude: 51.12
Longitude: -114.04

Sunrise: 7:51AM
Sunset: 4:48PM
Daylight Hours: 8 hrs 57 min

In my cleaning frenzy that last week, I cleaned up my indoor seed starting area. I have it located in the utility room in the basement which is always cooler than the rest of the house. I put (stapled) an emergency blanket on the walls around the shelving unit to reflect the light. It's all ready to go for seed starting, usually Feb 1st. The Greenhouse is started up March 1st - by then there are enough daylight hours. Our average last frost date is May 25th, but not in 2009-it snowed in June and other years I had my containers out in the 1st week of May. And typical killing fall frost is September 15th, so can that can happen anytime from late August to October.

Can't wait for the seed catalogs to arrive. So far only Thompson & Morgan has shown up.

Joanne

This message was edited Nov 14, 2009 5:49 PM

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 15, 2009
10:05 AM

Post #7275647

Mau, what a scare! Thank God for your neighbor! I know the feeling...my DH lost our beloved Boss when he was a puppy and I was so scared to loose him...but he was just playing and fooling around in th epark and he came back when he heard me. Later, when I was the one to walk him out, I found out he was dispared if he didn't see me anymore and I often played hide-and-seek with him...he always found me!LOL

Kelli, nevertheless, you did a hard work sewing all those and they are beautiful! Such beautiful pottery!

Yesterday I started to build a new dog house and it's lamost done. I'm going out now to finish it. Trica was all around me all the time!LOL Poor him, our neighbors built him a dog house , but Rita stays tehre all the time and he is almost all the time out in the wind and rain. So, I guess, he knows this might be for him!
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 15, 2009
1:55 PM

Post #7275867

Mau I am sooooo glad you and your Good Samaritan neighbors found Friday. Poor little boy didnt know he was lost.
Celia I used to have those vases. A friend of mine needed some small ones and I gave them to her LOL!
Kelli Your fish and sugar bowl are too cute!
Joanna LOL!!! I bought for me! I do that all the time.
Adina - That's so sweet of you to build Trica a dog house. I bet you get a lot of love from him.

60.3 F
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 77%
Dew Point: 53 F
Pressure: 30.03 in (Rising)
Clouds: Scattered Clouds 25000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Today
Sunny. Patchy fog early in the morning. High 77. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph.

I went for a 4 mile walk yesterday. I'm pretty sure I'll be heading out again today. I haven't started decorating for Christmas, but have pulled some stuff out. I finally have a place to show off this runner. It's an heirloom piece from my mom. Hand made and beaded from Turkey. I took this picture for show.

Thumbnail by MySharona

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 15, 2009
1:56 PM

Post #7275868

here is a close up of the beading

Thumbnail by MySharona

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 15, 2009
1:56 PM

Post #7275869

the back

Thumbnail by MySharona

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

November 15, 2009
3:08 PM

Post #7276071

Sharon that much detail work would drive me crazy! lol!
Amazing work.

Rann Robyn and I were thinking of you.
We've both been through it and can share your feelings.
(((HUGS)))

Kelli I've found that potters fall into two cats.
Ones like the group you had the pleasure of meeting.
And obnoxious bores... whom I never buy from...
Love your choices.

Celia I was wondering if that snow got you.
I saw it all over the radar.

Adina I got 'volunteered' to build our neighbor a Dog House.
Love the neighbor but it's her grown daughter's dog and she has no business w/ a dog.
Can't even raise her own kids... oh well it's not the dog's fault so...
Nice start w/ yours!!

Bernie your version and mine about coming along slowly are pretty far apart...LOL!
Amazing how fast it's going!
EXCELLENT!

Those cold northern temps are a good wakeup call.
We are still way too warm.
70 yesterday.
We should stay near 60 all week.

Got the roof trim done yesterday.
Had a great time at the grand opening of Building Value.
They added an Antique Salvage area.
AMAZING.
WAY too expensive for my pocket but much cheaper than most places I've been to.
They had a 11' tall lawyer's bookcase in Oak... 12' long.
One of the best pieces I've seen in years. 3000 dollars was a steal.

We opted for a smaller purchase.
Finally got the door for the Sewing Room.
At $31.50 much more affordable. lol!
It will replace the door in the background.
Ric

This message was edited Nov 15, 2009 10:25 AM

Thumbnail by henryr10

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

November 15, 2009
4:13 PM

Post #7276222

Wow Sharon that's nice! What a treasure to have!
Adina you have a cute puppy, love his face!
Joanne I love the seeding area you have, wish I had a place here I could start seeds in early spring.
Kelli nice pottery!
Celia I love your bud vases, the colors make the colors of the flowers stand out.
I love peacocks, but I've never eaten one, haven't eaten quail either. The strangest thing I have eaten is me and an ex-boyfriend were driving out in the country and I ran over a Bull Snake. I happened to have these huge beach towels in the car so my ex boyfriend noticed the snake was still alive, we backed up, he wrapped it in beach towels, we took it to his dads about 30 minutes away (yes alive the whole ride) and put it on the grill. The snake was probably about 20 ft long.

Thank you so much everyone for the hugs and well wishes, all either one of us can think about is him getting laid off. We went out to dinner at this awesome Chinese Buffet last night in Benton, AR. They have a hibatchi and a guy who makes fresh Sushi. He made us this huge platter, it had Red, White, and regular Tuna, Octopus slices between thin lemon slices and decorated with carrot hay, a lot of some sort of Soft Shell Crab roll with Teriyaki sauce on it, a couple Tempura Shrimp, and something else that was wonderful. In a Japanese restaurant that plate alone would have cost $35.00, it comes with the buffet for $9.75 a piece. We were going to go out to Olive Garden but decided we didn't want to drive to Hot Springs and Benton was a lot closer, and that buffet is the best one in the whole area that I have found, plus a lot cheaper than Olive Garden, so we decided on that and very glad we did!

63.7 F
Overcast
Dew Point: 60 F
Wind: 1.1 mph
Wind Gust: 3.6 mph
Pressure: 29.96 in (Rising)
Visibility: 4.0 miles
Clouds:
Overcast 1100 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 583 ft

Today
Mostly cloudy. Patchy fog in the morning. A slight chance of showers in the morning. Isolated thunderstorms during the day. A chance of showers in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 70s. Southeast winds 5 mph. The chance of precipitation 30 percent. Average rainfall less than 1/10 inch.
Tonight
Periods of showers and isolated thunderstorms. Lows in the mid 50s. Southwest winds 5 mph. The chance of precipitation 80 percent. Average rainfall 1/2 to 1 inch.

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

November 15, 2009
7:04 PM

Post #7276644

Henry10,

You have a good bargin on the window door!

I did brought 2 metal sheds a week ago from today and sure it pretty good shape and one of white shed need to hold it so I did brought 4 stake poles (30 inches) for $18.76 each... So I grab it all I got and get 4x4x6 treated poles... Barn shed has wood floor...

It now raining until Wednesday!

This message was edited Nov 15, 2009 1:05 PM

Thumbnail by JuJu55

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

November 15, 2009
7:45 PM

Post #7276759

45 and cloudy. I'm waiting for the rain to creep up from the Southwest.

Dyson, that sounds good. I'm not sure what we will end up with.

Celia, I was sure glad to add your's to my family!

Pepper, that's what they keep telling us about our weather. We may get 1'' to 2''.

Thanks Ric. DH had mentioned looking into Dell. We're on a Gateway from the ancient year of 2000. ME, and it's been nothing but trouble since day one! I have no idea what to look for in a laptop. All opinions appreciated! I do a lot of research, need spreadsheets and the ability to access the external drive. I'm still pretty computer dumb and have never used any other brand. I've never tasted quail, but I love pheasant. The trim looks great. Nothing wrong with the back burner! It gives you time to think and reenergize if needed :o)

Kiska, I always enjoy the first snow, but 5 below? Already?

Rann, I've been thinking about you a lot and praying. I wish there was a way for you to stay there. I think we are all in a daze over the news. You mean a lot to us too. I mentally put on the jammies just for your stories. I've learned a lot about Iceland and we all love your girls. (((HUG)))

Chrissyr, times ARE scary now and we'll just hope for the best for DH. (((Hugs))) for you too.

Sharon, enjoy your walk! I've been getting out around 6:00 am when the sun just rises. My favorite time of the day and night, when you can just see things in the twillight.

Pepper, has there been hunting going on already? Usually the deer are plentiful till a few shots go off. Then you have to literally hunt for them :o) I've been seeing deer cross the cornfield north of me. Usually two, but just one the other day.

Ric, ROTFL over peacock dinner!!

Adina, your colorful mums look so good since all my things are brown now.

Oh Mau, I'm glad Friday made it back home. There's nothing worse than not finding your pet.

Celia, they are as beautiful in as they were out! Sigh.

Kelli, it's always wonderful to find plain old people!! The fish is cute! Perfect for pencils, and I love the bowl!

Bernie, it is. I love the hanging plant.

Joannabanana, T & M here too. I've gone thru my seeds and am making a wish list. I really only need garden seeds, but a plant is a plant! The plant stand looks great! Does it really reflect enough light to keep the seedlings from leaning?

Adina, Boss was a wonderful smart dog! The new doghouse will be so nice! I think any animal appreciates being out of the wind or rain. Is his paw wrapped up?

Sharon, wow, I think I do good to get two miles in! I've started to sort thru the Christmas stuff too :o) The runner is beautiful! Where did your family get it? I am so amazed at anything handmade. I don't have the talent or patience. It's really gorgeous!!

Ric, DH did the same for our neighbor. The boy had a pitbull he never took care of. (We did.) and DH made him a really nice house. Like you said. it's not the dog's fault! That's a good price for the door. Too bad you didn't get one for Dyson LOL!

Chrissy, I'm not sure I could eat snake. Good story tho! I love buffet. At Olive Garden it's all pasta. I can make pasta at home. You made the right choice :o)

Rusty, you do so much fixing on your own! Those are nice sheds!

Well, it's a quiet day so far. My Dad stopped up for a while. It's not raining yet and DH is puttering in his garage. It's a perfect Sunday!

Have a glass of my homemade grape juice! Mom made grape juice in that jar when I was a kid.

Thumbnail by billyporter

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

November 16, 2009
12:09 AM

Post #7277514

Our house is full of plants. That's why we are building an addition! LOL!

Living room is almost done.

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

November 16, 2009
12:22 AM

Post #7277564

Our high was in the low 50s at 5am this morning. I think we are in the low 40s now. Not sure since I missed the weather. It is raining though and snowing in western KS and eastern CO. That I think is supposed to hit us tomorrow as rain I think. Rain/snow til Weds sometime.

Didn't make it to Evamae's today. A mutual friend who was supposed to go has the flu and since my guys didn't get any deer again today I called and postponed til after Thanksgiving.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 16, 2009
1:10 AM

Post #7277732

Dyson: thanks for updating me on the Lexan
Celia: nice vases--pretty flowers to warm your heart, too!
Kelli: like the pottery--the fish is different and cute!
Joanna: sounds like you will have everything all ready when it is seed-planting time!
Adina: Trica is going to have a nice doghouse. What happened to his foot?
Sharon: absolutely gorgeous table runner!!
Ric: great bargain on the door. I am sure it will look very nice in the sewing room.
Crissy: you and Dave are brave to eat sushi--I won't touch the stuff--too risky in my opinion.
Rusty: I thought you had sold your house. Have you already moved?
BP: grape juice! Yummy!
Bernie: looks like you are going to have a cozy corner to watch TV. Funny about building an addition because the rest of your house is full of plants--spoken like a true gardener!! LOL My whirlpool tub, which I never use anyway, has three poinsettias and an orchid residing in it for the winter. They are beneath the glass-block window so they get plenty of light and the shower adds humidity when it is in use.

Another nice day--unseasonably warm again. current temp on my back porch is 66*F.. It is clouding up now so we may get some rain later. My forecast is the same as Crissy's.

Kelli's photo of her pottery reminded me that I have a cookie jar stashed in the pantry. I got it out and I am going to keep it on the countertop. Might as well put it to use rather than letting it gather dust. I bought it in 2005 at Dryden Pottery in Hot Springs, AR. They have been around for years. The cookie jar is signed and dated on the bottom. Their pottery is rather expensive, which is why I just bought one piece--LOL
Here is a photo:

Thumbnail by marsue

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 16, 2009
1:11 AM

Post #7277737

The inside of the cookie jar is blue.

Thumbnail by marsue

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

November 16, 2009
2:26 AM

Post #7277950

Yes, I sold house in Webb City and it not much money to move so I stay my first home I brought in 2005 in Joplin, MO which I was living in California and I came here in July 2006 so I did brought house in Webb City so I sold it before Halloween Day (closing date) so buyer keep change his mind of the closing date 3 times!
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

November 16, 2009
4:28 AM

Post #7278285

Rusty Robyn's cousins live not far from you.
They are on the west side of Springfield.
She used to liVe down in Gravette, AR. In fact our youngest was born there... small world.

Nice Jar Mau.
I can see why they run so high.

Bernie nice to see you're all moved in! LOL!
NICE!

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 16, 2009
5:08 AM

Post #7278368

Dark~cold~winter
Minus 6*F now at 8pm; supposed to drop a bit more by morning.
It was gorgeous, though, this afternoon. Blue sky above the pure bright wthite snow/mountains. It was zero F when we took a walk along the river to watch ice on the move.
I went outdoors at 7am to watch the Northern Lights. It's great to have sunrise so late in the morning, in that it's very convenient to get out to watch the night sky.
Sunset was at 4:15; this was taken at 3:30 this afternoon. (Note DH breath in sunlight).
Sorry for the lack of personal comments this evening. Hope be back and caught up tomorrow.

Thumbnail by kiska

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 16, 2009
2:20 PM

Post #7278714

I'll catch up later today. My BIL is doing a major cleaning on my pc at home, so I can't get online there until later this evening. Nothing is wrong with it. It's 6 years old and needs this done. I'll start a new thread when I can get back online.

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

November 16, 2009
2:32 PM

Post #7278773

Raining and wet down to 42* now..

I just turn my heater little bit up it was so cold this early 1 am...

kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 16, 2009
4:04 PM

Post #7279061

Butte, Palmer, AK
Minus 19.0 F
The "Butte" is my area; but at my house, we're at Minus 10*F.
The Butte is not a town, but has a school, where my daughter attended, and now, 2 of my grandchildren.
It's usually several degress colder at the "Butte", than 10 miles away, in Palmer.

Thumbnail by kiska

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

November 16, 2009
4:18 PM

Post #7279115

55.4 F
Light Rain
Dew Point: 52 F
Wind: 2.2 mph from the West
Wind Gust: 3.8 mph
Pressure: 29.91 in (Rising)
Visibility: 9.0 miles
Clouds:
Scattered Clouds 1500 ft
Overcast 2800 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Now
Through 12 PM...scattered showers will continue over parts of central and south Arkansas. Movement will be northeast at 30 mph. Rainfall amounts will average less than one tenth inch.
Today
Cloudy. A slight chance of rain during the day. Highs in the mid 60s. Temperatures falling into the lower 50s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph...with gusts to around 25 mph. The chance of precipitation 20 percent. Average rainfall less than 1/10 inch.
Tonight
Mostly cloudy. A slight chance of rain. Lows in the upper 30s. West winds 10 to 15 mph in the evening...decreasing to 5 to 10 mph after midnight. The chance of precipitation 20 percent. Average rainfall less than 1/10 inch.

Mau sushi is just as safe as veggies, actually more so because you don't have a bunch of workers picking your sushi and you don't know where their hands have been. You don't hear of people getting sick with whatever from eating sushi, but veggies is all over the place. Also it is the healthiest thing you can eat. I've always loved sushi, it doesn't get any fresher than that! LOL I've been told to not eat dough because it has raw eggs in it, been eating both all my life and haven't gotten sick yet.

That grape juice looks extremely yummy!

Rusty too funny, my dad moved to Joplin from CA a year ago tomorrow. Where in CA are you from?
It is definitely a small world.

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

November 16, 2009
4:31 PM

Post #7279165

Crissyr,

I am from Southern California which I was living for yrs in Fontana near San Bernardino...
(childhood)...
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

November 16, 2009
4:51 PM

Post #7279234

Raining and temps are hovering right about 38 right now. There is snow and ice on the very western edge of KC that will hit us later. It is a very slow moving high pressure system that kinda looks like a miniture hurricane on radar with the way it's circling around. lol. Tomorrow much of the same thing but the temps will be right about freezing so the roads will be very slick.
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 16, 2009
5:18 PM

Post #7279306

It's been a calm, mostly cloudy day, high around 34F.

The girls' hamster died today. We took him to the vet last week because of what we thought was a simple eye infection, but he took a turn for the worse over the weekend. We took him in again when the girls got home for school, there was nothing the vet could do for him so she put him out of his misery. Probably wouldn't have lived throught the day anyway. I think we've had enough of tragedies for now thank you ...

Hope everyone's well.

I've enjoyed all the posts and photos.

Rann
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 16, 2009
5:44 PM

Post #7279373

Oh, I am so sorry Rann about the girls' hamster--poor little thing and poor girls! As you said, you have had enough drama in your life for a while. Hugs to all three of
you!
Kiska: was your hubby with out a hat and it was 6 below!! Wow!!!
Ric: nice wreaths!! puts me in the mood to dig out some of my Christmas decorations :o))
Crissy: I was thinking more of tapeworms rather than germs. I saw a piece on TV not too long ago about a girl who got a tapeworm after eating sushi. That did it for me--no raw fish!!! Sorry if I grossed you all out talking about tapeworms---yuck!!!. :o((
Pepper: the tv weather guy said that NW Arkansas might be getting a smattering of snow tomorrow afternoon but it won't make its way to my part of the state, thank goodness!

My forecast is the same as Crissy's. She does all the work posting about the weather which leaves me more room to "chat" with all of you. LOL

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 16, 2009
5:51 PM

Post #7279391

Hi, guys! Just saw the winners of the Photo contest and we have 2 Runners up here : Ric and Rann! Congratulations to both!
Sally and Mau, the pup has hurt himself on his paw and my neighbor wrapped it up. He is OK now.
Rann, so sorry for the girls' hamster...another tragedy, ugh! ((((((Hugs)))))
Ric, the window looks great! So you "volunteered" to make a dog house!LOL Just another project you needed!LOL Just think of the dog, not of the neighbor's daughter!LOL
I got scared all morning today, trying to get on DG and it said no...grrr! I suppose it was because of the Photo contest, they had to count the votes and they probably couldn't do it with all the traffic here .
The dog house is ready now. Buck loves the new dog house, so it's his! Momma dog took the old DH, she fits in better because she is smaller. Last night I took a fall in the dirt and rain when I was trying to get Rita into the dog house. It's a small slope and a bit slippery when raining and I just sleighed down, slowly, as I was already a bit leaned toward Rita. No damage, no pain, just some laugh!LOL
And to continue the laughs, I had one at the office too this morning...just when I was leaning over the chair to take a pen which was on the floor, the chair slipped on its wheels and I was down ...also slowly and no damage...how clumsy one can be?LOL Lucky I am in the big butt surority !LOL

Hugs,
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 16, 2009
6:21 PM

Post #7279479

LOL with you, adina--not at you! Buck looks comfy in the doghouse. What happened to Trica getting the dog house?

Okay Rann and Ric tell me which categories your photos were in so I can go look at them, please. ---and congratulations for winning!

We just had a downpour but it was short-lived--just sprinkling now. Currently 52F on my backporch---it was 60F at 6:30 this morning. Temp will continue to drop as the day wears on.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 16, 2009
6:40 PM

Post #7279540

Mau, Trica couldn't get this one either because the others took turns in "trying" it!LOL He has his own dog house, next to our neighbor's house, but Rita always stays in there.That's why I wanted to make Rita stay in the new one...ugh!Seems that I have to make another one...DH isn't going to be very happy about it!LOL
Ric has a great picture with a few bird houses on the category Garden Art, bird house... and Rann has a beautiful sunrise on the same category...I remember I commented about that picture when she posted it...what was she doing up at 3 a.m.!LOL
patgeorge
Nurmo
Finland
(Zone 4b)

November 16, 2009
6:56 PM

Post #7279589

Thanks for the welcome. We had snow a week ago; but it's almost gone now. Rain yesterday, and temps just above freezing. Sunrise today 08.50 and sunset 15.37, so day length about seven hours fifty.
Having lived here for three and a half years now I wish I could generalise about the weather; but each winter has been totally different, with records constantly tumbling! Year 1 lowest was minus 37 Celsius, year 2 minus 15, last year minus 25. Finns take a mid winter holiday in the end of February. Schools close for a week and everybody goes off cross country skiing. In '08 our local paper had a cartoon of a boss saying to his glum workforce "there will be no winter holiday this year, as there has been no winter".
We brought our beloved dog Sasha with us. To our relief she took to the Finnish winter as to the manner born, and loved playing in the snow. She was already fourteen, and she died last year. There is a strict rule against burying pets in your garden; but we didn't want to put her in some distant spot, so we buried her here. Our neighbours asked "did you bury her in the garden?" We admitted we had. "So did we" they said. "Don't worry. Everybody does."
Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

November 16, 2009
7:36 PM

Post #7279691

Good afternoon! Fall has actually arrived here - at least temporarily. By next week we could be back up in the 80's - we just never know. LOL We're enjoying the cool weather while it lasts, anyway! :-)

((((((((((((((Rann, Selma Run, and Hilda Eva))))))))))))))))))) I'm so sorry about the hamster, too. :-(

Congratulations on the photos, Ric and Rann! :-) I've been so busy lately, I didn't get a chance to vote in many categories this time. Bummer. I always enjoy doing that. Ah, well... Next year. :-)

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 11:53am CST (55 min ago)
Temperature 63 F 17 C
Dew Point 46 F 8 C
Humidity 55%
Pressure 30.12 in 1020.1 mb
Wind Speed 17 MPH
G 29 15 kts
G 25
Wind Dir NNW 330
Ceiling Unlimited Unlimited
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
Current Conditions Few Clouds
Remarks Peak Wind: 26 kts from 350 (17:29 GMT).
6 hour min temperature ending 11:53am CST : 59.0F / 15.0C
6 hour max temperature ending 11:53am CST : 69.1F / 20.6C
3 hour precipitation ending 11:53am CST : 0.21"

Rest of today Partly cloudy in the late morning and early afternoon then becoming mostly sunny. Cooler. Highs in the mid 60s. Northwest winds 15 to 20 mph.
Tonight Mostly clear. Much colder. Lows in the lower 40s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

November 16, 2009
7:58 PM

Post #7279736

Rann is in Sunsets.
Mine in Garden Art.

Great shots in the contest and getting better each year.
Makes you stretch trying to figure out what will be popular.

Ric

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

November 16, 2009
8:05 PM

Post #7279762

44 and spitting a little rain so far. Finally!

Bernie, now it's a room! I gave up my houseplants long ago because I was terrible at watering them. Sometimes I miss them. Maybe when the cats are gone...

Mau, the tub sounds like a good place to overwinter plants. That is a beautiful cookie jar, inside and out! Don't forget to keep cookies in it :o)

Rusty, a little bit of money is better than upkeep on an empty house.

Ric, that is so homey! Those beautiful wreaths are a perfect fit!

Kiska, a beautiful picture! I would have loved to walk and watch the ice too. And the northern lights, a perfect evening! Yowza! Now that is getting cold!! I can't believe the river hasn't frozen over.

Thanks Chrissr, I'm afraid I can't bring myself to eat sushi either, and I quit tasting the raw cookie dough even tho my daughter ''grows'' my eggs.

Pepper, mighty interesting weather you're having :o)

Oh Rann, the poor hamster. Well, he had a good home while he lasted. (((Hugs))) for the girls.

Adina, I got a bit of a smile picturing your slow descent. I'm glad you weren't hurt. I love your doghouse! I was just asking DH what kind of an opening does a cat look for when trying to find a hideyhole. I wondered if round was better than square. I love your rounded entry! He's a very cozy pup!

Congratulation Ric and Rann!! I don't usually look because it takes so long to load a picture in.

Howdy Do and Welcome Patgeorge! So sorry about Sasha. I would have buried her in the garden too. It will be interesting to hear about your weather!

Marylynn, while I secretly like some aspects of winter I do envy your basking 80.

I took a few pictures of the cicada killer this summer.

Thumbnail by billyporter

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 16, 2009
8:34 PM

Post #7279850

MargaretK also has Runner up on Birds.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 16, 2009
9:03 PM

Post #7279939

Great photos, Ric and Rann. Congratulations! I never made it around to looking at those two subjects so I didn't get to vote on either of your photos.

If you know someone serving in the military, you might want to post their name on this thread over in the prayer forum:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1056420/

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

November 16, 2009
9:40 PM

Post #7280043

Rusty my dad was born in Sacramento and moved to Modesto when he was 12, my mom and myself were both born and raised in Modesto. I've been to Fontana, seems to meet up with some of Mom's distant friends when I was probably 10 years old. Went to LA and San Diego quite a bit growing up.

Rann I am so sorry about the hamster! Yes, you've had enough! I say that's enough and whatever better listen to me LOL

Mau LOL I think I already have one of those as hungry as I am!

LOL Adina!!

Congrats to all of the winners!! Maybe I'll get the guts to put some pics in next year!

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

November 17, 2009
12:54 AM

Post #7280746

Cold Rain Snow Flakes tonight! And it will be more tomorrow for snow and rain...
joannabanana
Calgary, AB
(Zone 3a)

November 17, 2009
12:59 AM

Post #7280761

We have a nice chinook with +14C or 57F temps. I watered my flowerbeds today and the neighbors thought I lost it, since we are in mid November. The ground isn't frozen and very dry. I had moved a few perennials & roses, so I thought I had better water them. No moisture in the forecast either.
Congrats on the winning pictures!
Here's a shot of sunrise this AM

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

November 17, 2009
1:34 AM

Post #7280910

Still raining but northeastern KS has over a foot of snow in places and northern MO got a few inches here and there. Here where I'm at it just rained but tonight the system is supposed to move so the snow will hit here. Won't be more than a couple inches though.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

November 17, 2009
2:03 AM

Post #7280972

Joanna that's beautiful!

Cicada Killers are cool!
We're seeing more and more of them here.
Nice shot!!

Thanks on the Contest!
Several of the photos this year just absolutely floored me.
The Bird winner was one.
Once I saw that one the winner was plain.

Another wonderful day weatherwise.
Near 60 and hazy.
Worked the leaves and helped clean out the garage.
Tomorrow they should start the gas line work on our street.
That should be fun...lol!

Ric
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 17, 2009
12:26 PM

Post #7281904

we've moved here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1056585/

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Weather Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Boring Hurricane Boards? Floridian 106 Jul 24, 2011 12:43 PM
Big Feb Storm CountryGardens 54 Mar 3, 2007 2:39 PM
Yipee It's March!! Daily Weather sugarweed 206 Mar 9, 2007 4:58 AM
Deadly Tornado hits Alabama henryr10 22 Mar 5, 2007 5:01 PM
Help!!! Something's eating the moon!!!! Resin 10 Mar 6, 2007 4:42 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America