Photo by Melody

Amaryllis and Hippeastrums: What type of fertilizer?

Communities > Forums > Amaryllis and Hippeastrums
bookmark
Forum: Amaryllis and HippeastrumsReplies: 3, Views: 109
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
PurePlants
Deltona, FL
(Zone 9b)

November 11, 2009
6:41 PM

Post #7264031

Hello, I am a new Amaryllis owner. I inherited a bunch of bulbs, small and large. They have sprouted leaves but I have no idea what kind of fertilizer is best for them. I have different types of ferts on hand for my different kinds of plants, does someone have an N-P-K suggestion for me? Thanks!
PurePlants
Deltona, FL
(Zone 9b)

November 16, 2009
1:33 AM

Post #7277807

I have read a lot of stuff on-line, some say high middle number, some say high potassium number so I am looking for input from people who have grown and bloomed them successfully here. If you don't mind, please let me know what your experience is. Thanks...
EFGeorgia1
Lizella, GA
(Zone 8a)

November 17, 2009
2:59 PM

Post #7282352

Hi, I use bone meal when I plant and liquid miracle grow. I don't fertilize often enough,,, I think.
Not an expert.

Elaine
tropicbreeze
noonamah
Australia

November 28, 2009
1:57 AM

Post #7315103

I bought 3 papillio bulbs a few months ago and potted them up in ordinary potting soil with some slow release fertiliser added. As they grew they were only given liquid fish emulsion. They've got large very healthy leaves now and two of them have produced some pups, but no sign of flowers. The pots are now densely packed with their roots. Makes me think they should be in bigger pots, or else in the ground. My understanding was that bulbs/tubers had higher K (Potassium) requirements. But I'm still only a "learner driver" with these.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Amaryllis and Hippeastrums Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Hippeastrum johnsonii Lenjo 9 Oct 31, 2008 9:15 PM
Amaryllis question JoleneS 15 Nov 30, 2007 7:35 AM
Hippeastrum papilio x evansiae seedlings rrog2001 16 Feb 23, 2012 7:47 PM
Mexican AMARYLLIS Sprekelia Riverland 17 May 20, 2007 7:21 PM
Red Staining in Hippeastrums an anti-fungal? raydio 21 Dec 20, 2007 3:09 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America