Photo by Melody

Article: Garbage Gardening: Grow a Pineapple Fruit Tree Plant!: The Best Tasting Pineapple in Town

Communities > Forums > Article: Garbage Gardening: Grow a Pineapple Fruit Tree Plant!
bookmark
Forum: Article: Garbage Gardening: Grow a Pineapple Fruit Tree Plant!Replies: 1, Views: 16
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
grandma32840
Supply, NC

November 12, 2009
12:02 AM

Post #7265145

Several years back I started a pineapple plant and graciously brought it inside our basement every winter. I think it was 3 or 4 years old when I was told to put it in a bag with an apple and it would bear a pineapple. Well, I think the plant heard us talking because late that summer it had a pineapple all by itself as I had not gotten around to putting it in a bag. Anyway the fair was coming in town about the time the stalk had gotten about a foot or foot and a half high with the pineapple on the top. We took it to the fair on the back of our little truck and the stem broke on the way in! The people at the fair took some pins and put it back together and we won first prize
We did get to eat this pineapple!! Was so delicious! (Ran out of room when writing my story~~sorry!)

This message was edited Nov 12, 2009 5:02 PM
JaxFlaGardener
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

November 12, 2009
1:44 PM

Post #7266527

What a wonderful story, grandma32840! Thanks for sharing the tale. Did you finally get to eat the pineapple fruit? [Or did you have it bronzed or sent to taxidermy for permanent preservation to display with your blue ribbon? LOL] It is very encouraging to know that pineapple plants will make fruit when grown in pots without any special treatment. Congratulations are definitely in order!

Jeremy

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Garbage Gardening: Grow a Pineapple Fruit Tree Plant! Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
growing pineapples ringbearer31 11 Dec 31, 2010 7:46 AM
Golden gardening opportunities... podster 8 Oct 8, 2007 11:33 PM
Pot size? imapigeon 3 Oct 15, 2007 1:49 AM
Pineapples billowen 0 Oct 8, 2007 8:37 PM
My pineapple pic Islandshari 9 Oct 12, 2007 4:04 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America