Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Garden Talk: Question about strawberry's

Communities > Forums > Garden Talk
bookmark
Forum: Garden TalkReplies: 3, Views: 25
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
rucky
Huffman, TX
(Zone 9a)

November 12, 2009
1:11 PM

Post #7266427

I have a question I ordered some strawberry plants and they just came in yesterday I want to plant them in the sping in some straw bales can I just keep them in the paperbag they came in or should I plant them in pots. Living in a warm climate here should I just plant them now. As you can tell this is my first time for strawberrys...rucky
ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

November 12, 2009
3:03 PM

Post #7266775

Just plant them now. They'll dry out and rot eventually in the bags. In your climate, they'll go ahead and start rooting in and growing.
rucky
Huffman, TX
(Zone 9a)

November 12, 2009
3:44 PM

Post #7266915

Thank you ButterflyChaser I don't have my strawbales ready yet so I'll try to find room in the garden.
gardenglory
Gainesville, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 12, 2009
3:48 PM

Post #7266930

Yes, they need to be planted, Just got mine last week. If you dont plant them now, no berries in the spring. Mine are filling out SO fast already. I actually have them in topsy turvies...i used to make funof those things, but they are working beuatifully with the berries. Keeps them off the ground too.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Garden Talk Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Vines for shade Foxglove 27 Aug 23, 2007 2:17 AM
wierd bug problem Ivey 9 Mar 7, 2010 7:54 PM
The ComposTumbler dave 43 Apr 18, 2009 5:06 AM
Are there any plants that discourage snakes? If not, any other ideas? Carol7 35 Aug 23, 2007 12:37 AM
Vine support pole Dinu 11 Jan 13, 2014 1:26 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America