Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Recycling Fall Leaves & More as Fabulous FREE Garden Mulch: ALL THE GOOD BASICS PRESENTED

Communities > Forums > Article: Recycling Fall Leaves & More as Fabulous FREE Garden Mulch
bookmark
Forum: Article: Recycling Fall Leaves & More as Fabulous FREE Garden MulchReplies: 3, Views: 26
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
docgipe
NORTH CENTRAL, PA
(Zone 5a)

November 12, 2009
5:21 PM

Post #7267216

Very nice review of what we can do. It's the way I was raised and taught to garden.
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

November 12, 2009
5:28 PM

Post #7267244

Thanks, Doc! I know there aren't any useful organics headed to the landfill from your house. :-)
docgipe
NORTH CENTRAL, PA
(Zone 5a)

November 13, 2009
12:08 AM

Post #7268499

You have not seen my hillside. LOL Five terraces and a couple of hills with no back of lot access. Your assumption was correct not to long ago. Today moving stuff down hill is sure easier than hauling it all to the thirty foot higher back of the lot. My driveway is the first hill. It is not paved because a car would not stay on the driveway in snow or ice if it were paved. I never actually worked on an actual height gain measurement. I assure anyone it is at least 30 ft in 220 feet of length. My boys were born with one leg shorter than the other. We are not quite in the mountains but just about. Local faulting pushed up our hill. A hundred years ago our lot would have been in the foothills of the mountain. Millions of years ago it was all the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean.
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

November 13, 2009
1:49 AM

Post #7268808

"My boys were born with one leg shorter than the other. "

LOL! True mountain men. :-)

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Recycling Fall Leaves & More as Fabulous FREE Garden Mulch Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
It's all good sallyg 5 Nov 17, 2009 1:54 PM
Great article! adinamiti 7 Nov 13, 2009 1:34 PM
Great information! plantladylin 3 Mar 5, 2011 2:15 PM
Good one Jill postmandug 5 Nov 13, 2009 3:55 AM
For your next article... Gymgirl 1 Aug 19, 2010 1:38 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America