Can I pick tabasco peppers when they are still yellow?

Liberty Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

We have our first possibility of a freeze predicted for the beginning of the week. I have jillions of tabasco peppers on only two plants. I plan on covering the plants but can these peppers be picked?

POTTSBORO, TX(Zone 7b)

Yes green Tabascos are delicious

POTTSBORO, TX(Zone 7b)

Do not let them freeze-they turn to mush

That's what I thought. I won't let them freeze there are so many on the plants it may be easier to dig the plants up and stick them in buckets and bring them in peppers and all.

Helena, MT

Had an early freeze in August and had not picked all my peppers. I immediately bagged up the frozen ones and into the freezer. When I am ready to use them a few seconds under hot tap water and then immediately diced for use. Like VORTREKER says, as soon as they thaw they are mush, even from the freezer.

After all that and it didn't freeze. It might get a little colder tonight but everything is safely covered. I actually freeze a lot of peppers and just use them in salsa or sauce were the consistence isn't important. I just had no idea that 2 plants could produce so many peppers and a couple of these peppers go along way. They are so hot.

POTTSBORO, TX(Zone 7b)

LOL--Tabascos are the most prolific peppers of all that I have grown.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.