Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Liquidambar2
Mount Vernon, KY

November 17, 2009
3:04 AM

Post #7281132

I planted a lot of mungo pines up and down my drive way. They look really exotic. Then one day I noticed, where there had been nice new needles, there was instead very thick strange ones. I looked closer at those leaves and they were thousands of little green worms. The same sorry ones that get on my cabbage and broccoli. Sevin dust does take care of them %@#!& . But must we constantly have to dust, spray, pick, cut all that we have planted! Is nothing off limits?
art_n_garden
Colorado Springs, CO
(Zone 6a)

November 17, 2009
3:52 AM

Post #7281275

Wow I've never heard of that! But garden insects/pests are not my forte. I wonder if anyone else has had your same problem...I bet those Mugo pines look awesome, moreover I bet it cost you an arm and a leg to put them all in!
Liquidambar2
Mount Vernon, KY

November 17, 2009
2:02 PM

Post #7282160

No mungo pines did not cost that much!. I ordered some very small ones from a tree magazine "Musser" They like to sell 5,10 - well large numbers at time. I hope they are dwarf and not the big five foot ones you wrote about. I did get some from Lowes too though, and they were not any worse in price than the junipers. So far I see no difference in the rate of growth between them. Of course the saw flies maybe keeping them on the small side. I don't care I still don't like them. The tip of the mungo pine looks like it has some abnormal growth, only to be worms is equal to ticks, snakes, and mosquitoes..

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Pines: An evergreen for any climate Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Pines: An evergreen for any climate Resin 7 Nov 17, 2009 2:56 AM
Long Needle Pine wormfood 0 Nov 19, 2008 7:57 PM
Great article! lazepherine 1 Nov 17, 2009 12:18 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America