A food question

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

I know this is not a food forum but i need help. Do any of you bake? I am baking Amish Friendship bread from a starter. I should have baked it yesterday. The starter is very well fermented. It smells like hard liquor. Can I still use it tonight?

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Yes, you can still use it. That's the way it's supposed to be.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Thanks Pep. The bread is out of the oven and smells great. I haven't tried it yet. I'll have some with my coffee in the morning.

Was it good? :~)

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

It was awesome. The best yet. I added fresh peaches and cashews. Mmmmm Wish we could share some over a cup of coffee.

South Hamilton, MA

Cajun Bet you bake it again.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

I sure will. The peaches came from a tree on an abandoned property. They were just falling to the ground and rotting. I salvaged them and put them in the freezer. They are small and nearly white with a peach blush and little red spots. The flesh is white. I saved the pits if anybody would like a few.

My mouth is watering and I just ate! LOL

I would love a few. If my grandma doesn't use them then a friend of mine will for sure. :~)

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Send me your addy in a DMail. Do you ever look at the seed trading forum? I haunt it. LOL

I avoid it. LOL. Bad enough I get caught up in a seed co-op at least once a year. LOL

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

I'm waiting for my envy from the pepper and mater swap. Got some herbs from somebody in OH. Getting some maypop seeds from PA and some pomegranites from TX. I will be very busy in the Spring.

I actually don't like pomegrantes. LOL. They are more trouble to eat than it's worth. But they are cool looking though. lol

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

You can eat seeds and all in salads. I like the juice and I want to make some syrup.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images