Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Winter Sowing: Do your Nerines multiply?

Communities > Forums > Winter Sowing
bookmark
Forum: Winter SowingReplies: 1, Views: 39
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

November 18, 2009
4:42 AM

Post #7285171

I planted some Nerines a few years ago for fall color. They flower beautifully as predicted each fall. Unlike most of my other bulbs, they have not multiplied at all over the years. I started out with 5 in this patch, and it has gone down to 4, so they just come back, but do not increase in numbers. I have them growing in three locations in my yard, and they all behave about the same. What kinds of experience have you had with these bulbs? I have the darker pinks as shown here, and lighter pinks. What I would really love is a huge patch of these.

Thumbnail by soilsandup
Click the image for an enlarged view.

soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

November 18, 2009
4:44 AM

Post #7285187

whoops - I posted this on the wrong forum, but do not know how to delete it. But maybe some of you winter sowers have some experience with Nerines?

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Winter Sowing Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Winter Sowing Seed Swap .....part 2 alicewho 213 Mar 23, 2007 1:01 PM
Lessons learned for next year #2 zenpotter 256 Mar 23, 2007 7:56 AM
Milk jugs TurtleChi 99 Mar 19, 2007 12:20 PM
WS Poppies & transplant problems marie_ 100 May 11, 2011 4:44 PM
Database germination info bluespiral 6 Mar 5, 2008 12:23 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America