biting the bullet

Campobello, SC(Zone 7a)

I'm having a real,swear to god, lesson on Thump tomorrow, at an arena, off property (may recall I swore never to ride him off property again after he broke my nose). Like that's not enough, Jim's making me drive. I haven't pulled the trailer before. Thankfully, I only have to go about 2 miles on back roads.
wish me luck!

South Hamilton, MA

Take it easy & slowly & you will be fine. Allow plenty of time. Listen to me-I don't drive.

Campobello, SC(Zone 7a)

LOL...I may never drive again after this :-)

Medina, OH

DD-

Like a Phoenix you shall rise! Good luck, I know all will go well. S.

Social Circle, GA(Zone 8a)

Must have Jim take pics to post!! You go!!!!

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

You will do fine. You are tough and Thump is kind. You just have to get on the same page and you will have a great time. Breath deep, relax and enjoy yourself!!

Campobello, SC(Zone 7a)

LOL...all Vicki said the entire time was "breath". Vicki is Abby's riding instructor and who I took the lesson with today. She loved Thump. Said he's a great "little" horse (of course her's are like 17hh so he's little to her). Our problem is I don't breath and he senses that as trouble and freaks. I knew we were feeding off of each other. She had me only trotting 3 strides at a time. 3 deep breaths for those 3 strides and we were doing really well by the end. We were both more relaxed.
Oh, and Jim drove :-)

Richmond, TX

Victory!

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

good for him. Learn with an empty trailer first. I equate it to driving in snow.

South Hamilton, MA

Did you ever find a pony for Abby?

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

So glad you had a good time. Will you be taking more lessons?

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

Do! you may have even more fun.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Yes. The more you ride the more Thump and you will relax and really enjoy yourselves. Did your DH take any pics?

Campobello, SC(Zone 7a)

No pics. Jim sat in the car and read.
Abby is using one of the Icelandic ponies that's owned by the woman who has the covered arena where we ride most of the time for pony club. They aren't being used so she said we are welcome to use her whenever we want. Abby's just starting to have fun again. She rode for almost 2.5 hours Friday. Vicki's daughter and the daughter of the women with the Icelandics rode with her most of the time. She had fun, which is what we need her to do.
Yeah, I'll be taking more lessons with her. probably here tho.

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

awesome deal..
Yeah.. If I could count the number of times someone told me "just breathe".... :) Yeah..

That's like saying "Don't blink" and shooting air at my eyeballs... I'll relax, yeah, sure, right, whenever I"m good & ready.

:) Been there DD. Good job to you for loading him up & going.. that's the first step!

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Does Thump load easy?

Campobello, SC(Zone 7a)

very easily. all 3 do altho Joe wants to be able to turn around and walk off instead of back off. He's a bit difficult to unload.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Practice makes perfect. Some of them take longer to get confident than others do. It will come with repition.

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

Way to go Devildogs... and Good for Abby

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images