Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Computer Talk: Updating to AVG-9

Communities > Forums > Computer Talk
bookmark
Forum: Computer TalkReplies: 7, Views: 87
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

Gitagal

Gitagal
Baltimore, MD
(Zone 7a)

November 22, 2009
8:12 PM

Post #7300351

I am being bugged, daily, to update to AVG-9. Deadline--Dec. 1st...

I remember all the discussions going on a year or so ago about updating to AVG-8. There was SO much negative stuff said.
How about the 9-version now?

I run Windows XP--have Firefox and a Pc Firewall and also an Earthlink Virus protection scanner...if any of this is relevant.

Any thoughts or comments on this?

Thanks, Gita
gone2seed
Milton, FL
(Zone 8a)

November 22, 2009
10:16 PM

Post #7300674

I just recently upgraded to 9 and it went just fine.I like AVG and it has always protected my 3 computers.It's a good product and it's free.You can't beat that combo.
momcat
northeast, IL
(Zone 5a)

November 30, 2009
2:36 PM

Post #7321527

I have been having problems with Firefox freezing up since I upgraded to AVG 9. I have found that if I do a google search for anything, I cannot open any links. Is there an easy way to go back to the previous version? I never had any problems with that.

Deb

hcmcdole
Powder Springs, GA
(Zone 7b)

November 30, 2009
8:53 PM

Post #7322698

I got rid of AVG and went back to Norton recently. Things seem to be running a lot smoother.

Gitagal

Gitagal
Baltimore, MD
(Zone 7a)

November 30, 2009
9:34 PM

Post #7322793

As of Wednesday I will have the whole Comcast package installed which I signed up for when I bought my new, flat-screen TV. Their service includes McAfee--so I won't have to worry about AVG any more...

So many mixed messages I have heard about McAfee...I just hope it works out for me.. My daughter and her Husband have it and they love it...Someone on DG on the Computer Forum called it "JUNK"...Oh, well!

Gita
docgipe
NORTH CENTRAL, PA
(Zone 5a)

November 30, 2009
10:00 PM

Post #7322849

Gita...When I bought my new computer the builder put in some high priced stuff. It did not work. Had trouble with it from the git go. Went to McAfee as provided by Comcast. It has worked fine for the past three years. McAfee was OK working with Vista. That was the issue I think I had with several others.

Gitagal

Gitagal
Baltimore, MD
(Zone 7a)

December 1, 2009
1:08 AM

Post #7323530

Thanks, Doc---that makes me feel better...
I don't have Vista, though...
docgipe
NORTH CENTRAL, PA
(Zone 5a)

December 1, 2009
3:43 AM

Post #7324004

Gita...your machine is protected free as a service provided by Comcast. It has nothing to do with Vista. I did not mean to confuse you by saying I had Vista. The product is compatible with your computer.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Computer Talk Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Hotmail help Calalily 13 Jul 17, 2008 11:51 AM
Screen Capture Programs holty 16 Feb 8, 2010 2:13 AM
This 'problem' is driving me nuts! hczone6 10 Feb 11, 2014 4:24 PM
Laptop recommendations Gwendalou 10 Jul 30, 2007 10:12 PM
G Mail Invitations PudgyMudpies 43 Dec 28, 2007 12:12 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America