Photo by Melody

Article: The Cornucopia: Symbol of the Harvest: Thanks!

Communities > Forums > Article: The Cornucopia: Symbol of the Harvest
bookmark
Forum: Article: The Cornucopia: Symbol of the HarvestReplies: 5, Views: 42
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
DiggerDee
Ffld County, CT
(Zone 6b)

November 23, 2009
5:46 PM

Post #7302712

Thanks for the interesting article. It's kind of funny how we have these symbols surrounding our holidays and we don't always stop to think where they came from. Now I know! (well, at least for this one!)

Thank you!
Dee

gwen21

gwen21
Gurnee, IL
(Zone 5b)

November 23, 2009
6:32 PM

Post #7302900

Glad you enjoyed!
Liquidambar2
Mount Vernon, KY

November 23, 2009
9:35 PM

Post #7303512

Well Gwen;
My cornucopia is not as pretty or big as yours, but we do enjoy it as a table decor for our Thanksgiving table. So, I have a touch of Europe (woven basket) Greek-Roman (horn of Zesus or Hercules) thing going on at my table. Hmmm but the pumpkin is from America, and so it the corn. Wait --- I think there is some little tiny blue corn I grew a decade back some where in all that stuff???

Thumbnail by Liquidambar2
Click the image for an enlarged view.

gwen21

gwen21
Gurnee, IL
(Zone 5b)

November 23, 2009
9:50 PM

Post #7303547

The only credit I can take for the cornucopia pictured in the article is that I searched out the photo. Your table is gorgeous; it's got thankfulness written all over it. The beauty of America is that we borrow a little bit from everyone, then make it uniquely ours! Thanks for sharing, and have a lovely Thanksgiving.
jazzy1okc
Oklahoma City, OK

November 25, 2009
1:59 PM

Post #7308409

I teach college level English to groups of high school students who qualify to take the classes. I'm always sharing word origins with them and this is they will enjoy. I'll bet you were a great librarian! Thanks for giving, Gwen!

gwen21

gwen21
Gurnee, IL
(Zone 5b)

November 25, 2009
2:47 PM

Post #7308505

Wow, jazzy1, I feel like I've hit the big time with your high school students reading my article! My librarianship was more "Very Hungry Caterpillar" than "Great Expectations"--but I'm so pleased that you're using my writing for instruction : )

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: The Cornucopia: Symbol of the Harvest Threads you might be interested in:

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America