Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: The Perry Como Palm: Boohoo

Communities > Forums > Article: The Perry Como Palm
bookmark
Forum: Article: The Perry Como PalmReplies: 1, Views: 13
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
morrigan
Craryville, NY

November 23, 2009
7:40 PM

Post #7303112

My little pygmy date palm met its demise this summer, for a reason I don't know. In wildlife rehabilitation, we'd call it "FTT" or "Failure to thrive" syndrom. Could you share culture and care tips for Perry? I would love to get another, as I loved the shape, the look, everything about him!
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

November 24, 2009
12:23 AM

Post #7304090

Hi Morrigan,
Sorry about your Perry Palm.
You know, it has been a long time since I had a pygmy date palm, and I don't remember doing any thing special for him. I kept his browning fronds clipped, and I remember giving him a little spray of water all over about once a week during the winter months, and I changed his pot as he grew. If I fed him anything special, I really don't remember. He might have been given a squirt or two of miracle grow occasionally. I have only had him for two weeks this time, so I plan to read a lot about his care. Sometimes I think we can give them more attention than they need.

If I find a good website that tells me something wonderful I'll share it with you, promise.

How are all your furry and feathered friends up there?

Happy Thanksgiving, and thanks for your note. I'll remember to let you know what I find.
Sharon

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: The Perry Como Palm Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
My Palm got big! NEILMUIR1 80 Nov 25, 2009 2:03 AM
Serendipity LouC 5 Nov 18, 2009 1:08 AM
Your Palm WormsLovSharon 1 Nov 17, 2009 6:34 PM
Palm phicks 1 Nov 17, 2009 11:52 PM
the perry como palm daphnep 1 Nov 18, 2009 2:51 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America