Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Nature's Surprise: Your seedling oak

Communities > Forums > Article: Nature's Surprise
bookmark
Forum: Article: Nature's SurpriseReplies: 6, Views: 67
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
JuneyBug
Dover AFB, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 23, 2009
9:55 PM

Post #7303566

What a wonderful gift to find in your day lily bed! No doubt stashed by an "annoying bird' or some of the hordes of squirrels that so bother your nutty neighbor.
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

November 24, 2009
12:12 AM

Post #7304054

Hi June,
I forget the time difference and forgot the oak tree article was on the schedule for our tomorrow!

Oh yes, l love those annoying birds and squirrels...and I think they love me too.

Great to hear from you. I hope your Thanksgiving is good.
Thanks for writing,
Sharon
JuneyBug
Dover AFB, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 24, 2009
6:15 AM

Post #7305026

Oh! I am writing from the "Land of the morning calm", where it is tomorrow afternoon now (3:15, Tuesday afternoon)
UniQueTreasures
Beaumont, TX
(Zone 8b)

November 24, 2009
6:18 AM

Post #7305035

As always Sharon, that was a wonderful story. I always know when I see one of your articles that I will end the reading with a smile on my face. Thanks for sharing this story with us. And pbbbbbbbbbbbbttttt to the Head Tree Dude. Whatdoesheknow???
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

November 24, 2009
6:36 AM

Post #7305057

Well happy Tuesday afternoon, June...hope Tuesday was a good day. Do I have anything wonderful to look forward to???

Janet is stuck here at midnight with me, and I'm not sure about our morning calm, it's supposed to be raining very soon. Sometimes our rains are not very calm.

Exactly what I said, Janet...pbbbbbbbbtttt, but I didn't say it very loudly. He was the one with the chainsaw in his hand. But obviously, he knows nothing.

Thank you, I'm glad you enjoy the stories. This was very nearly a tear jerker, but I think it turned out pretty well.

You all have a great Thanksgiving, be safe and be well.

bivbiv

bivbiv
Central FL, FL
(Zone 9b)

November 24, 2009
6:21 PM

Post #7306220

And do you know what's even better? That tree planted by a squirrel will grow faster than the one you planted. About 26 years ago we planted an oak tree. It's only the past couple of years or so that it finally seemed to have grown an appreciable amount. It's still just a small tree. On the other hand, there are several big, tall oak trees that weren't even here when we planted that little tree. Squirrels do a good job. :) Maybe, just maybe, they knew they were going to have to replace their condo.

Thanks for this story.
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

November 24, 2009
6:24 PM

Post #7306230

Ahhhhh Biv, what a lovely slant you put on the picture. The squirrels needed a new condo. And so it will be.

Thank you.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Nature's Surprise Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Council Butchers! NEILMUIR1 60 Dec 21, 2009 4:06 PM
I am so thrilled for you Elena 3 Nov 25, 2009 2:35 AM
I would have understood vossner 1 Nov 24, 2009 5:15 PM
Aweeeee! adinamiti 1 Nov 24, 2009 5:11 PM
I can feel your joy! robcorreia 22 Feb 17, 2010 4:46 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America