Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Beautiful, yummy, and good for you too, cranberries are not just for Thanksgiving any more!: I must try this, one day!

Communities > Forums > Article: Beautiful, yummy, and good for you too, cranberries are not just for Thanksgiving any more!
bookmark
Forum: Article: Beautiful, yummy, and good for you too, cranberries are not just for Thanksgiving any more!Replies: 1, Views: 13
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
NEILMUIR1
London
United Kingdom

November 23, 2009
10:52 PM

Post #7303762

Dear Carrie, thank you for a very informative article.
One of the Veterans I look after is an American called Gregg, he got married after the Second World War and stayed in England!
As I broke my ankle recently he pops in to see me quite a lot, which is kind of him.
He also likes to read articles on DG; so I showed him your article which he enjoyed, he was astonished that I had never tried cranberry sauce or Turkey, so he is going to bring some over on Thursday for me to try on your Thanksgiving Day! I have heard it is pleasant so i am looking forward to it.
In the middle ages pork was the Christmas dish in the UK, then it changed to what is now considered to be the real Christmas dish and that is Goose. Turkey was brought in and some people do eat it for Christmas dinner, I always have a Goose. That is probably why I have never tried cranberry sauce, although my wife likes cranberry juice!
It is strange for you have blueberries which I have tried and they are sweet and tasty, whereas we have bilberries (same family), that grow out on the moors.
They are small and sharp in taste and are normally used as either a jam or a sauce for game.
Gregg does not eat Turkey anymore, for he likes our ham, especially Gammon steaks, so he has Cranberry sauce with that. So I think I will try it that way as well.
Have a lovely Thanksgiving Day.
Regards from England.
Neil.

carrielamont

carrielamont
Milton, MA
(Zone 6a)

November 24, 2009
12:16 AM

Post #7304067

Neil,

Cranberry sauce is sweet, tangy and tart; I think it would go well with goose. Try it!

Regards from Boston,

Carrie

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Beautiful, yummy, and good for you too, cranberries are not just for Thanksgiving any more! Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Adding Cranberries to my grocery list! rcn48 6 Dec 17, 2007 1:24 AM
No more round slices ... GreenAtHeart 23 Nov 25, 2009 11:58 PM
Hey phicks 26 Dec 16, 2007 11:28 PM
Cranberry relish - year around birder17 13 Nov 25, 2009 12:58 AM
We LOVE Cranberries all year 'round! Aunt_A 3 Mar 23, 2008 7:59 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America