Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Weather: November Daily Weather - Let us give Thanks!

Communities > Forums > Weather
bookmark
Forum: WeatherReplies: 133, Views: 661
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 23, 2009
11:40 PM

Post #7303944

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1056585/

We love to hear from everyone. Please feel free to join our daily chat!

I am thankful I was finally able to open DG today LOL! You don't have to be American or Canadian to have a day of "Thanksgiving". I would love to hear what you are thankful for.

I am thankful for many things, but I am very thankful for the friendship I have made here on DG.

Flip Love your guard frogs!
Joanna Looks like you guys had a great time at the craft sale!
Celia- Congrats on the grandson! Such an exciting time for you and your family! You got some serious snow! At first I thought it was a Kiska picture!
Bernie that was very nice of your neighbor to help you out.
Dyson Waving!!! Hope your start to dry out soon!
Kelli- LOL at your MIL! Neat pics! Ive never seen a capybara.

I had this same problem last week with the DG server. Its been a coolish day. The fog never burned off so it kept our temps down. Made me happy!

63.9 F
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 85%
Dew Point: 59 F
Wind: 0.0 mph
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph
Pressure: 30.09 in (Rising)
Visibility: 9.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 1400 ft
Mostly Cloudy 3000 ft
Mostly Cloudy 25000 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 18 ft

Tonight partly cloudy early in the evening then becoming mostly cloudy. Areas of fog after midnight. Low 56. North winds 5 mph.

I took this yesterday at the beach. I had a nice time walking and enjoying the sound of the waves and the peace.

This message was edited Nov 23, 2009 7:21 PM

Thumbnail by MySharona
Click the image for an enlarged view.

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 24, 2009
12:01 AM

Post #7304015

Hey everyone! :-)

I received a very special gift in the mail today ... I really don't have words to express how grateful I am for the trouble you've gone through mailing the card accross the country for all of you to sign it. It brought tears to my eyes and joy to my heart. You are THE BEST!!!! I'm so lucky to have had the honor of getting to know you all. Thank you all so much! :-) I will cherish it always.
I know something good will come from all this eventually ... it just hasn't materialized yet. Thank you all for your incredible support, it means the world to me. I've been feeling pretty abandoned and alone this week, thank you for boosting my spirit :-) (now I'm tearing up again! lol)

It was partly sunny today, quite breezy and chilly. High around 35F.

Marsue - I forgot to mention that I'm glad Friday made it back safe and sound the other day ... what a scare that must have been!

Flipflops - nice to see you back - your house is gorgeous! Must be fun to be able to grow citrus fruit :-) Don't envy you the fireants though, nasty buggers ... learned that the hard way pretty soon after we moved to Florida. After that I never took a step on a lawn without looking down! lol

Selma and I managed to get the Christmas lights hung on the eves of the house over the weekend. I was going to leave them, but Hildur Eva insisted that they must go up. I'm horribly afraid of hights so I wasn't too excited about climbing the ladder. I had Selma hold the ladder at first, then she wanted to try the ladder which worked out better since I had more strength to hold her than the other way around. lol She did a great job and really enjoyed it too!

I'm really trying to get myself in a festive mood, very difficult, most mornings I just don't want to wake up to this never-ending-nightmare ... but I'm determined to get there ... Thanksgiving weekend is also the first in Advent so it's time to get the Christmas preparations started. I'm going to do my best to keep things as close to "normal" for the girls, there are so many traditions that we've made for ourselves and I'm keeping them all in place for them.

I'm watching "So you think you can dance" right now ... love that show... always puts a smile on my face :-)

Hope you all have a good night!

Rann
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 24, 2009
12:03 AM

Post #7304023

I knew I forgot something -

Celia - congrats on the grandbaby again - glad Crystal is doing well! :-)

Kelli - lol at your MIL ... seems very inexpensive to me ;-) lol

Rann
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 24, 2009
1:15 AM

Post #7304252

Kelli: I enjoyed your zoo pics. Our zoo in Little Rock charges $10.00 for adults and $8.00 for seniors over 65 and also for children. There is a $2.00 parking fee in addition to that.
Sharon: nice beach photo with the birds. Re: thankful for so many things--my home, my family, my friends, my little dog Friday, my reasonably good health, and like you, my DG "family".
Rann: I think I will be joined by all who signed that card in saying that it was sent with much love. It sounds like you are keeping those family traditions alive for the girls as regards the holidays. I am sure that you will find that it will be a great comfort for you, too, when all is said and done.

I spent the morning cleaning house. It's always a good feeling to get the dusting and vacuuming, etc. done. Now, if it could just stay clean--LOL.

Tonight:
Overcast. Slight chance of a shower late. Low near 50F. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph.

This message was edited Nov 23, 2009 7:18 PM
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

November 24, 2009
1:50 AM

Post #7304379

Rann we had to do something to boost the spirits of our favorite Icelandic Member!
Besides it was fun playing Where's Waldo w/ the card! lol!

Kelli I wish I'd known you were going the the SBZ.
They have one of the best plantings of Staghorn Ferns I've ever seen.
Did you manage to get to them?
It's a GREAT little pocket zoo.
I'm looking at a mug and some patches we got there right now.
We always gear our trips around zoos.

Cloudy but nice here today.
Did the 3 month 1/2 HT drain and fill today.
Twice a year we drain and clean the Hot Tub... 3 months later we do a 1/2 change.
The water gets a bit stale after all the chemicals you have to use.

I played light doctor again too.
(I'm getting pretty good at fixing string lights!)
Robyn did the displays.
We usually fire up the house lights Thanksgiving night and then add to the displays thru Christmas.
This year we'll probably have the whole thing ready Weds.

Ric
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

November 24, 2009
2:13 AM

Post #7304434

Sharon, couldn't you have waited for the new thread? LOL. Just kidding! I'm back just in time.

60 and partly cloudy today.

Today has been a good but bad day. Good cause I came home, bad cause I had my coat stolen on friday night and my cds, cd player with headphones, and adapters so I could play my cd player with my cassette player in my truck, but didn't know my music stuff was stolen til today. My grandma was really upset cause she never has had to worry about stuff like that before. She knows pretty much everyone around her and they all watch out for her and the rest of the family. Luckily I pretty much know what cds were stolen and just have to find the cases for the rest and make a list up so I can have it to replace them. Only about 10-20 cds at the most but they were my favorites. They also took the home charger for my phone but left my truck charger, my bibs, a hat and a crazy hat I have in there. I hope I never see the person(s) who took my stuff cause by the time I get done with them (and my family up there) they won't want to even think about doing that stuff again.

Rann, glad you got everything!! Big hugs from the midwest!!
FlipFlops
Brunswick , GA
(Zone 9a)

November 24, 2009
3:14 AM

Post #7304615

Rann, you hang in there. I wasn't online and didn't know about your unfortunate situation. Just want you to know I have you in my prayers and my heart. It will get easier to handle in time. I know because I lost my sister right before last Christimas and it was one of the hardest times in my life. I still have days that I miss her terribly but I have days that are much better now. You seem like you are very determined to keep up good spirits for your girls and you will get through this. Take care of yourself.

My DD and her family are coming for Thanksgiving and I am very excited. This is their first visit to Georgia since we moved. We have been up there several times...have become "Road Warriors" and burn up Interstate 95 quite often. I have alot of cooking to do the next couple of days so I can get as much done before they get here. My little grandson will be running all through this house and I know he's going to up and down the stairs a million times LOL

If I don't get on here much in the next week...I wish each and every one of you a Happy Thanksgiving. It's so neat hearing from everyone in their little corner of the world. I am thankful for each one of you.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

November 24, 2009
5:35 AM

Post #7304935

Rann, a true worldwide family we are becoming. Like all families, you make me smile and cry and wish I were wish each of you every day. I miss you terribly when you or I aren't on the "air". I'm with Mau when she said it was with much love. And the "Where's Waldo" game was fun. too! LOL

Thumbnail by kwanjin

Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 24, 2009
9:48 AM

Post #7305199

Areas of morning fog. Considerable cloudiness. High 62F. Winds light and variable.
Evening: Mainly cloudy. Areas of fog with some patchy drizzle. Low 46F. Winds light and variable.

Currently - Dark
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 24, 2009
1:03 PM

Post #7305392

Rann - We love you and are praying for peace for you and the girls. Wheres Waldo indeed LOL! Good job on getting the lights up. That is one of the hardest things for me to do.
Mau I desperately want a self-cleaning house LOL!
Pepper Thats awful! Was the house broken into or your truck? I hope the person who did this to you is found.
Flip Sounds like you are going to have that house full of family! Dont work too hard and enjoy the holiday! Delegate LOL! The word of the day for the next 1.5 months!
Dyson Its DysonDim here!

Do yall think it would harm the camellia to put lights on it?

60.8 F
Overcast
Humidity: 84%
Dew Point: 56 F
Pressure: 30.15 in (Rising)
Visibility: 1.5 miles
Clouds: Overcast 400 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 18 ft

Today
Mostly cloudy. Areas of fog early in the morning. Patchy drizzle in the morning...then slight chance of showers in the afternoon. High 67. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent.

Seems all my whining about the over warm weather has paid off with the "powers that be" LOL! We are going to be cooler this week even {{cold}} Saturday morning! Yeah, it's all about me LOL!

This is my favorite picture from Sunday. This man was taking pictures of the birds and ocean when the gulls started circling him.

Thumbnail by MySharona

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

November 24, 2009
2:59 PM

Post #7305681

Sharon other than knowing they are beautiful in bloom I don't know much about Camellias.
I don't ever remember reading they bloom due to a lighting situations so...
Except for nearby poinsettias (which should already be blooming by now) I can't see why not.

LED bulbs throw very little heat so that wouldn't be an issue.

Many marginally hardy plants and shrubs up here actually can be overwintered w/ a plastic tent and being wrapped w/ old style Christmas light strings.
They generate just enough heat to protect the plant but not burn it
Brian Williams' dad does his palms that way.

Flip it sounds like you'll be happily busy!

Rann I think keeping your and the girls routine constant will go a long way to helping.
The Holidays are a tough time for this to be taking place.
They are at a good age to learn a lot of the traditions
but to still be amazed and think it's play not work...lol!
Keep the girls full of Joy and it will trickle down.

Grey day here near 60.
The weather forecast for Thursday is tightening up.
Looks like mid 40's and rain. Maybe some snow showers Friday night.

The Thanksgiving drive isn't too bad.
One and a quarter hours or so up, then 30 minutes back down to my Sister's, then 45 minutes Home.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

November 24, 2009
4:01 PM

Post #7305824

29.1 F with 36 for the high.
Partly Cloudy
Windchill: 29 F
Humidity: 63%
Dew Point: 18 F
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 1.0 mph
Pressure: 30.56 in (Rising)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
Clouds: Few 14000 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 4383 ft

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 24, 2009
5:16 PM

Post #7306060

Rann, we love you. :-)

Ric, I didn't notice any noteworthy staghorn ferns. The plants that got my attention were a large Canary Island dragon tree and a cactus that climbs up trees. Interesting that you like to go to zoos. I was beginning to think that DH and I were the only "kidless" people who go to the zoo.

Hey, Bernie, Joe Mauer wins MVP. Yay! I was glad because he deserved it and also because a Yankee didn't win.

Wind advisory today. Last night we were watching t.v. and I heard the house creak. I readied myself for some shaking but there was no earthquake. It was the wind.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 8:51 AM PST on November 24, 2009
69 F
Clear
Humidity: 9%
Dew Point: 7 F
Wind: 13 mph from the North
Wind Gust: 22 mph
Pressure: 30.09 in (Rising)
Visibility: 8.0 miles
UV: 2 out of 16
Clouds: Clear -
(Above Ground Level)

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 24, 2009
5:17 PM

Post #7306064

crowned pigeon - They are as big as chickens

Thumbnail by Kelli

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

November 24, 2009
6:04 PM

Post #7306172

50 and gearing up for a good rain. We already had some earlier. I can't wait!

(((((RANN))))

Celia, absolutely adorable baby picture!!!

Kelli, I love the zoo!

Rann, good for Hildar Eve to insist, and yay for Selma being able to hang the lights!

Pepper, I'm angry too at the thief. Too angry to dare say more.

FlipFlops, my sister died right before Christmas in 1975. She was 16, I was 18. It is very hard.

Are you in there Dyson :o)

Kelli, love the pigeon. We went to the pigeon judging at the state fair and there are some spectacular and gorgeous types!

Rann, I missed the card, but that's ok. You know how much I care about you and the girls.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

November 24, 2009
7:51 PM

Post #7306474

Kelli all the way back to the end of the zoo near the ocean view there were two oaks surrounded I think by Bird of Paradise.
They both had colonies of Ferns... that morning ocean fog really made them impressive.
I have to dig out my slides.
Robyn and I plan all our trips around zoos, animal parks, aquariums and gardens.
We've hit 20 different zoos so far.
I've been to about 30.
We did San Diego Wild Animal Park and their Zoo, LA Zoo many times as we get in free (don't miss the Autrey while you're there) and of course the Santa Barbara.
We did a five day camping trip to Chicago years back and hit every zoo, aquarium, planetarium and natural history museum they have.
Good fairly inexpensive way to spend your time.

Gray day here... cooking away!

Love ALL the bird shots!
Flamingos are my hobby...lol!

Ric
Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

November 24, 2009
8:38 PM

Post #7306586

((((((((((((((((((((((((Rann))))))))))))))))))))))))) We do love you and your girls!! ^_^

I love zoos! I had a membership to the Columbus Zoo when I lived there - long before I was married and had kids, or even nieces and nephews. I did occasionally borrow friends' kids to go with me, but I also loved just wandering around by myself. Houston's zoo is very nice, but Columbus' is extraordinary... I was very spoiled! :-)

We went to a wildlife park (http://bayouwildlifepark.com/index.html) south of Houston last Thursday with a homeschool group. It was a blast! They have 50+ species of grazing animals and birds from all over the world on 80 acres. We took a tram ride through the park and got to feed ostriches, emus, antelope, deer, camels, llamas and alpaca, buffalo (one stole Katie's feed bucket!), wildebeest, zebras, cattle, donkeys, etc etc etc... The girls and I had a great time! They had some capybara there, too. They look like giant hamsters. LOL I forgot my camera, and have been kicking myself since. A friend is going to send me copies of hers.

We're having a week of nice, cool weather.

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 1:53pm CST (44 min ago)
Temperature 65 F 18 C
Dew Point 51 F 11 C
Humidity 60%
Pressure 30.06 in 1018 mb
Wind Speed 9 MPH 8 kts
Wind Dir NNW 340
Ceiling Unlimited Unlimited
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
Current Conditions Clear
6 hour min temperature ending 11:53am CST : 57.0F / 13.9C

Rest of today Mostly cloudy in the morning then becoming partly cloudy in the afternoon then becoming mostly sunny late in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 60s. North winds 10 to 15 mph.
Tonight Mostly clear. Cooler. Lows in the mid 40s. North winds 5 to 10 mph.
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 24, 2009
10:32 PM

Post #7306872

Thank you everyone for your kind words - I'm truly thankful to have stumbled upon Dave's Garden and met all of you :-)

I love zoo's too ! :-) We've always visited at least one zoo when we've traveled abroad ... no zoo here except the farm animal zoo in Reykjavk ... doesn't really count ;-) lol

Frost this morning, high slightly above freezing, cold breeze, partly cloudy.

Great photos from the zoo Kelli :-) Those crowned pigeons are so pretty! I used to have a guinea pig when I was a kid ... always get a kick out of those capibaras ... they're like giant guinea pigs. lol

I contacted the company I worked for before I had to quit ... was hoping they'd take me back. Doesn't look like I'll have such luck. Still hoping for a break so keep your fingers crossed for me!

Have a good night

Rann

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 24, 2009
10:42 PM

Post #7306889

Thanks, Rann. Good luck. We'll be praying for you.

Still windy. Check out the dew point.

Updated: 1:51 PM PST on November 24, 2009
76 F
Clear
Humidity: 5%
Dew Point: -2 F
Wind: 16 mph from the NNE
Wind Gust: 24 mph

gibbon

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 24, 2009
10:42 PM

Post #7306893

another gibbon

Thumbnail by Kelli

FlipFlops
Brunswick , GA
(Zone 9a)

November 24, 2009
11:07 PM

Post #7306965

Kelli, great pictures. I love zoos, animal parks, state parks and gardens too. I especially love anywhere there are birds. Went with a naturalist last year on a bird walk for two hours. I had so much fun and finally found out what an anhinga (sp) was and which one was a male and which one was a female. Luckily we went during migration here on the southeast coast and saw so many water birds. I especially love the wood storks and so grateful they are making a comeback.

Thumbnail by FlipFlops

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 25, 2009
1:22 AM

Post #7307384

It was cold and windy here today--not really all that cold--around 50*F on my back porch most of the day but the wind made it seem colder.

I spent most of the afternoon getting ready to go to my daughter's house tomorrow. Washing clothes, ironing, packing, etc. I am staying at her house for two weeks so I will need to take more than I usually do. It is a 2 1/2 hour drive from my house to hers. However, I will stop on the way to visit a bit with Buddy's mother who will be spending Thanksgiving with her grandson (Buddy's son) and his family.
Even though I'll not be at home, I will be in touch--can't go very long without "talking" to my DG family--I would have withdrawals! LOL

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my American "family" here on DG!

Rann: I'll be praying for you and the girls.
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

November 25, 2009
1:22 AM

Post #7307387

Kelli me and Dave are kidless and we go to the zoo, and fairs, carnivals, etc. LOL I love the pics, BTW. I used to do the same thing when my house cracked, brace for some movement! They have earthquakes back here too, I'll get into work and everyone is all excited about learning on the news there was an earthquake, they always say, "Christine did you feel the earthquake?" Sorry ya'll, can't feel a 2.0, 10 miles deep. I get a kick out of it, and they get a kick out of me freaking out when we have tornado weather!

Rann sweetie you know that we are always here for you and we love you, and I am so glad I've got to meet you here. I agree that keeping things traditional is the best way to go with the girls. Glad you got those lights up, I'm deathly afraid of heights too and I can't step one foot higher than the first step of a ladder, I just freak out.

I've been in hiding at work, busy as a bee I am. Keeps me out of trouble, well... or not! LOL

Pep I hope they catch that person who stole from you! That's horrible!

I love the San Diego Wild Animal Park, their zoo is awesome too! San Francisco has a really nice zoo.
I love doing all of that 'kid' stuff.
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

November 25, 2009
1:25 AM

Post #7307392

Drive Careful Marilyn! Love you and have a great Thanksgiving!
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

November 25, 2009
1:31 AM

Post #7307401

Low 40s and rain off and on all day but now the rain's done and it's drying out for a couple days.

The stuff was stolen out of my truck. I had left it unlocked because my grandma has lived there for probably 20 years, no problems and great neighbors. Needless to say she's upset and from now on everything will be brought in. We didn't report it though because I didn't notice the cds and stuff were gone til I was getting ready to leave. I had known about the coat Saturday but that was it. Since I was getting ready to come back home I didn't feel like messing with it. It wasn't alot of stuff and I should be able to replace everything easily. The adapter mgiht be a bit harder but I can find it online if my local store doesn't have it.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 25, 2009
1:59 AM

Post #7307453

Pepper: I forgot to say that I am sorry for the loss of your cd's and etc. What a bummer!

Thanks, Christine, I love you, too, and hope to see you at Debra's on the 12th.
:o))

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

November 25, 2009
3:30 AM

Post #7307656

Minnesota Zoo added a farm animal section a few years ago. It is a real popular spot & you have to walk about mile to get to it. They said so many city kids have no idea where their food comes from. They even have a big team of draft horses there. The day we were there they were putting new shoes on one of them.

Went to the wood store today for oak. Cabinet work will start tomorrow. House is done except for some drywall finishing & painting. 5 weeks today!

40 & light rain. We had enough rain to make everything muddy.

Bernie
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

November 25, 2009
4:09 AM

Post #7307800

Pepper I'm sorry to hear that too.
Sounds like a theft of opportunity. Sad to say but there really aren't any safe neighborhoods any more.
Least they didn't damage the truck! That's the bright side.

We've actually talked about having an 'RU at the Zoo'.
I think that would be COOL!
Maybe get a tour of the gardens by one of their botanists...

Ric
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

November 25, 2009
4:10 AM

Post #7307806

EXCELLENT!
Bernie you all flew thru that remodel!

Ric

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 25, 2009
9:34 AM

Post #7308131

Hi, guys! I've been away and missed you all. Just tried to catch up and enjoyed all your posts and pictures, videos.
Rann, what a nice thing from your American friends! Your new hamster is so cute! I'm so sorry you are having such a hard time , but it'll pass. I know any word would be useless , but you have your girls to take care of and they need you ...and you them ...to get through this. I hope and pray you can find a job which you need so much now! Hugs to you and your girls!
Mau, have a safe drive and a great time with your family! Is Friday coming too? Thanks for sharing the link to the garden plans website, it's fabulous! I need to check it out more!
Sharon, thanks for starting a new thread for us and what a great idea of sharing what are we thankfull for. I'm thankfull for my great friends here on DG which are giving me a wonderful life, even if it is only online! LOL Especially you all here, on Weather, are amazing...I'm learning a lot from each of you and the atmosphere is so friendly I cannot stay away for too long !
Celia, how sweet of you to post the scan of your grandbaby! Couldn't they see if it's a boy or a girl? I can't remember if I told you here about the dreams my DD and I had about her baby, but I'll tell you again if I already did!LOL We both dreamed it was a girl and in DD's dream she was about 4, but in mine I saw her like in a picture...I hope this won't be the only way I'm going to see her in the future!LOL...and she was about 16(somehow I knew) and her name was Lucia. When we confronted our dreams, both Andreea and I saw the same girl, with dark blonde hair, green eyes and dark face. In my dream she seemed a very "good" girl, with her hair tight up in a small rolled pony tail and her hands in her lap, very serious...unlike her mom! I asked Andreea , now that she's going to be a mom, if she remembers what she used to tell us when she was about 16 ...about how she will let her daughter to go to the disco club and do what she wants...and you know what she said? That she(her DD) will have to forget about this, maybe in her 20s!ROTFLOL
Ric, thanks for the advice about the mums. I'll have to decide whether I'll take them inside or just let them outhere and cover with a plastic foil. I already mulched them around.
Kelli, I also love going to the zoo! I guess we are all kids when it comes to this!LOL
I'll have 3 days off starting tomorrow which will make a short vacation. I'm going to make a pumpkin pie for your TG!
Are you all ready for the holiday?
This is my DD!
Hugs,
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 25, 2009
10:41 AM

Post #7308144

Good morning!

Cloudy, breezy and 35F this morning. No ice to scrape this morning, which was a good thing because we were running late! :-) Went to the gym and pool after I dropped the girls off at school ... somehow seems colder to swim in the mornings than at noon. But it certainly wakes you up! lol

Pepper - I also forgot to mention that I'm sorry your things were stolen, what a bummer!

Adina - thanks, the support from you all really does make a HUGE difference to me. Congratulations to you and your daughter on the coming grandchild ... interesting dreams! :-)

It always amazes me how much the girls like going to the farm animal zoo ... it takes less than an hour to check out all the animals ... they're always the same ... but still they always enjoy it. lol They also have arctic foxes, reindeer and seals, that's the entire wild fauna of Iceland as well! lol Well except minks ... the mink they had got away ... lol And sometimes they have injured birds that are recuperating ... I think they have an eagle and a falcon at the moment... maybe it's time to pay them another visit ;-) lol

Mau - have a safe trip and a happy thanksgiving! :-)

Have a great day everyone!

Rann
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 25, 2009
1:39 PM

Post #7308362

Kelli That is one big pigeon!!
Rann Good luck on the job hunt. Im sure you will find what you need at the perfect time. Were praying for you!
Mau- Drive carefully and have a wonderful time with your family!
Adina Congratulations to your daughter, you, CiCi and the rest of your family! Your daughter is beautiful - just like her mother!

58.9 F
Overcast
Humidity: 100%
Dew Point: 59 F
Wind: 3.0 mph from the NNW
Wind Gust: 7.0 mph
Pressure: 29.98 in (Rising)
Visibility: 6.0 miles
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 600 ft
Overcast 1400 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 20 ft

Now
Through 930 am...scattered showers in a larger area of rain will continue to move through northeast Florida and coastal southeast Georgia. The heavier showers will move into southern Putnam County...southeast Clay and the coastal waters east of Duval and northern Saint Johns counties. Isolated thunderstorms are possible in Marin County this morning. The showers are moving northeast at 20 miles an hour.

Today
Showers and a slight chance of thunderstorms in the morning...then chance of showers in the afternoon. Locally heavy rainfall possible in the morning. High 63. North winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 80 percent.

It started raining around 11:30 last night; so far we are at 1".

This is on of the dune walks to get to the beach. The dunes are protected by law...so no walking on them!

Thumbnail by MySharona

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 25, 2009
2:17 PM

Post #7308443

Rann, thank you! By all means, you have to take the girls to the zoo! You know we're always here for you!
Sharon, thank you for the wishes! Interesting about the dunes being protected by the law.

I just heard from my DD, she had a scan too! She had her first scan of the baby and she cried when saw him/her moving the arms and legs. I cried too when I heard...my baby's baby is moving !LOL
I'm at the car shop now, had to change a light bulb, put on the tires for snow, change oil, filters...when they gave us the bill I thought I could faint!LOL The only good thing is that they have Wireless Internet and I can connect here too.
Our schedule at work allowed me to take Monday off too, and with Tuesday being our National Day, that makes 7 days off in a row!!!!!!!!
Here are some fuchsia african violets.

Have a great day everyone!
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

November 25, 2009
2:25 PM

Post #7308458

(((Rann)))
LOL about the Mink!
Sure they aren't somebody's hat right now...?

Adina a beautiful picture of a striking young lady.
Loved her 'new' take on the disco rules!
Congratulations to you all.

Sharon you just gave me an idea for the plantings on either side of the Boardwalk here.
I always did love the dune walks on the east coast.
I'm thinking Northern Sea Oats flanking the wood.
You really can't tell them from the beach oats except they are a bit more delicate.

48 (Wind Chill 42) Dewpoint: 39 Wind: SW 14 MPH
The transition to Winter has begun it seems.
Mid 50's today. Mid 40's tomorrow.
Chance of flurries Friday night.
We'll be seeing temps more in the average 50/33 range.

Ric
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

November 25, 2009
3:09 PM

Post #7308572

Good Morning everyone!!

Adina crazy dreams, huh! Neat that you both dreamed the same thing. I bet you two did cry, that's a very emotional moment.

Good Morning Rann!

Well I'm at work today so going to go. Here's our weather for the day:

48.7 F
Clear
Windchill: 49 F
Humidity: 24%
Dew Point: 14 F
Pressure: 29.90 in (Steady)
UV: 1 out of 16
Clouds:
Clear -
(Above Ground Level)

Today
Sunny. Highs in the lower 60s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

Tonight
Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 30s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

November 25, 2009
5:00 PM

Post #7308882

No comments as I don't have time. I must clean and cook!!! LOL I'll be thinking of ALL my DG friends!!!

36.5 F with 40 for the high.
Partly Cloudy
Windchill: 34 F
Humidity: 68%
Dew Point: 27 F
Wind: 6.1 mphfrom the SE
Wind Gust: 7.0 mph
Pressure: 30.49 in (Steady)
Clouds: Few 20000 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 4266 ft

Thumbnail by kwanjin

FlipFlops
Brunswick , GA
(Zone 9a)

November 25, 2009
6:16 PM

Post #7309081

I don't have much time either. Just finished cleaning the house and cooking half my stuff. Ham just came out of the oven and a pecan pie going in. I have to run back to Winn Dixie (AGAIN) so I can have some stuff in the house for the grands and stuff to make a couple of big breakfast. Ooooooooh Weeeeeeee!!!! I am so excited to see them. I hope all my DG friends have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Camcorder is charging and we are going to start making new beautiful memories in my house here in coastal Georgia I hope for many years to come.
Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

November 25, 2009
6:19 PM

Post #7309092

I'm cleaning the house, too, but it isn't going to get done. Rats. I'd fire the maid and get a new one, but then where would I live?? LOL We have to head out to the airport in about an hour and a half. I'll be back Tuesday. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, everyone!!! I'm very very thankful for every one of you. ^_^
kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 25, 2009
10:15 PM

Post #7309734

Strong wind Thursday night...
Today
Increasing clouds with snow likely by afternoon. Snow accumulation up to 1 inch. Highs in the upper 20s to mid 30s. Variable wind to 10 mph.
Sunrise: 9:32 AM AKST (Alaska Standard Time)
Sunset: 3:53 PM AKST
Rann~you and your girls are very special and it's been a pleasure seeing the photos you post as they've grown. Lots of love coming your way from many people and places here on DG-Weather.
Sorry for being short on time; have a wonderful Thanksgiving to all~
Sharon~I'm thankful to my sister, (SacValley), for my first time on DG. It's a great group here.

Thumbnail by kiska

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 26, 2009
1:04 AM

Post #7310167

Adina The dunes are protected for several reasons, the sand is white (which is a rarity here) and sea oats grown on them (sea oats are also protected because they inhibit erosion). Our beaches are always in the top 10 of the Conde Naste picks. Have a wonderful week off! Thats awesome!
Ric Bowingglad I could help LOL! Please send pics of the boardwalk when done.
Celia Isis sure looks intenseare you opening a can of tuna? LOL!
Fip You are ready for fun! Have a great time making new memories!
Marylyn Have a wonderful trip and a Happy Thanksgiving!
Kiska Gorgeous picture!

56.7 F
Overcast
Humidity: 91%
Dew Point: 54 F
Wind: 2.0 mph from the NNW
Wind Gust: 5.0 mph
Pressure: 29.92 in (Steady)
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 7000 ft
Overcast 11000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Rest of Tonight
Mostly cloudy with isolated sprinkles in the evening. Partly cloudy after midnight. Patchy fog after midnight. Low 40 coast. North winds 5 to 10 mph.

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

November 26, 2009
1:17 AM

Post #7310205

I work on the deck steps and sure I did it good, today! (true, I did do myself!)

As on the deck which it already rot and grey so I did brought some treated woods for the deck and it take my time to finish in either 2 or 3 days...

Took me nails on joists and level right on bricks over an hour (it easy)

Thumbnail by JuJu55

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

November 26, 2009
1:21 AM

Post #7310217

Great job, Rusty. Now you can Ric & me as the official carpenters of this thread.

Happy Thanksgiving, all,
Bernie
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

November 26, 2009
1:52 AM

Post #7310316

I agree Rusty they look great!
And that's the hardest part.
(Always say it was a bear to get done.
That makes people think it's harder than it is and you can charge more...lol!)
Welcome to Wood!

Happy Thanksgiving and a Have Safe Trip for all of us who are traveling!
Ric

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

November 26, 2009
1:54 AM

Post #7310326

Cold, drizzly then sunny and warmer. Now sun has set so it's cold again. Will be below freezing tonight.

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

November 26, 2009
3:20 AM

Post #7310587

I can't say this any other way. I probably won't be on tomorrow as many others won't be either, but I just want to say this:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!! I hope you have a great day and enjoy all that we have together!

I am thankful first of all for my DH Dave. He's wonderful, has worked every day for almost 30 days straight, about to get laid off (praying very very hard he doesn't) and yet goes to the store and buys all of this stuff to make us, me and him, and full blown Thanksgiving Feast, plus all of the countless hours of yard work, house work, regular cooking, and taking me out to dinner that he does.

Second, I am thankful for all of you here on DG. You all are such a blessing in my life, I don't know what I ever did without you and don't plan on ever being without you in my life. I never knew that online friends could be so wonderful to have, and I have learned so much from all of you about so many different things in life.

I love you all! (and no I didn't take that from the Wizard of Oz LOL)

Christine

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

November 26, 2009
3:25 AM

Post #7310602

My DW does the house plants. Here is a little cactus. 2 plants in the same pot, not bi-colored.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 26, 2009
8:31 AM

Post #7311054

Good morning and HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all of you in the US! :-) Hope you all have a great day!

Very chilly this morning, cold wind blowing, 30F a clear starry sky. Sunrise is at 10:32, it will creep over the mountains in the south-south-east just before 11 am. Sunset is at 3:58 pm.

Crissy - I know how you feel, hope your DH keeps his job. And you are blessed to have such a wonderful DH ...

Ric - lol it could be. It's been a while since it got away ... seems strange to me that they couldn't get another one ... or maybe they're worried it would escape as well. Who knows.

Kiska - beautiful photo :-) Thank you, I can certainly feel the love from all of you and it makes a great deal of difference.

I'm thankful that all of you are a part of my life and for my two wonderful girls. I don't know what I'd do without them.

Have a great day!

Rann

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 26, 2009
1:19 PM

Post #7311237

HAPPY THANKSGIVING Everyone!!

Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.

Rusty - your steps are looking good! Good job!
Bernie - Pretty TG cactus!

49.9 F - YAY!!
Fog
Windchill: 50 F
Dew Point: 50 F
Wind Gust: 2.0 mph
Pressure: 29.92 in (Falling)
Visibility: 0.1 miles

Today
Partly cloudy in the morning then mostly sunny. Areas of fog early in the morning. Local visibility one quarter mile or less at times early in the morning. Highs in the upper 60s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

It's perfect TG weather today!!! Cool and beautiful blue skies! The pies are cooked and the veggies are prepared. All I that is left is the actual cooking of the turkey.

Thumbnail by MySharona

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

November 26, 2009
2:17 PM

Post #7311345

Thanks for official beginning learn to build steps! lol...

Orange with pink middle:

Thumbnail by JuJu55

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

November 26, 2009
2:21 PM

Post #7311351

White TC blooms today:

Thumbnail by JuJu55

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

November 26, 2009
2:32 PM

Post #7311370

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

Bernie and Rusty GREAT looking T. Cactus!!!

Sharon my Mandevilla are still blooming too!
In the GH but...lol!
Great Shot!

37 (Wind Chill 29)
Maybe 43 up where we're going... rain moving in this afternoon.
Hope the temps don't drop too fast...

Ric
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 26, 2009
7:22 PM

Post #7311902

I hope all here in the U.S. have a blessed and happy Thanksgiving Day! I'm here at my daughter's house and we won't be having our Thanksgiving celebration until tomorrow. We'll begin cooking soon.

Adina: your DD is beautiful!

to all who have posted photos of their TG cactus: They are all lovely and I like the different colors. My TG cactus is white and will probably be blooming nicely by the time I go back home in two weeks. It was loaded with buds when I left yesterday. I watered all my plants before I left and I will call my son and remind him to water them next Friday--otherwise he will forget .

Currently here in Harrison, AR it is sunny and the wind is out of the west at 14 mph. Humidity is 42%. High today expected to be 52*F. Low tonight: 34*F

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 26, 2009
8:12 PM

Post #7311994

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Have a great time with your families!
Christine, you said such nice words!
Sharon, wonderful thoughts and a beautiful flower!
Ric, thank you! have safe trip and a wonderful time!
Celia, wow, such a cute picture!
Jackie, great view! Enjoy the day with your family!
Pepper, I forgot to mention I'm sorry about the stolen things. Have a great day!
Rann, we aren't celebrating , but I wish you a wonderful day!
Bernie and Rusty, such beautiful TCs! My TC is blooming too!
Hugs,
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

November 26, 2009
8:24 PM

Post #7312005

United States celebrates today, Canada a while ago. Does Iceland or Romania celebrate anything similar ?
Nice partly sunny day here, but cool, 35. About normal, actually.
Bernie
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 26, 2009
10:54 PM

Post #7312168

Thanksgiving in October makes more sense to me. It's closer to harvest time and TG in Nov tends to get crowded out by Christmas. Late Nov also puts the two holidays that are the most work too close to each other.

Hot today

Updated: 1:51 PM PST on November 26, 2009
80 F
Clear
Dew Point: 16 F
Wind: 10 mph from the NNW
Pressure: 29.95 in (Falling)
(Above Ground Level)

You know how Kiska's town has a contest on guessing when the ice on the river will break up? Maybe there should be a contest around here on when it will rain next.

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

November 26, 2009
11:48 PM

Post #7312270

Lots of towns here in MN put an old car out on the ice of a lake. Then they sell chances on when it will fall in as the ice melts. A nice prize for the winner & a big check to a charity.

This year harvesting is just getting wrapped up. Many places it still is not done. Earlier many would not had the time to stop for a holiday.
Thanksgiving is almost an unofficial start of winter. It could snow any day now & stay until spring.

How about black Friday ? Would that work in October ?
On the news, they showed people that were in line already yesterday. Me, I stay home & shop on December 23rd.

Mall of America is giving the first 500 people a gift bag. It has a $25 gift card in it. 25 have bigger gifts, with one holding a $5000.00 shopping spree. I can just imagine how many are going to try that one.
Any of you ever been there ? Everybody should go once in their lifetime. It's amazing!

Bernie
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

November 27, 2009
1:18 AM

Post #7312455

Cold and sunny today.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Harvesting is still going on here. There are still corn fields that haven't been harvested yet. Normally it's all done by now but the weather has been crazy this year with all the rain.

Never been to the Mall of America. Only been to the other side of the border with a picture to prove it. LOL. Maybe one day. lol
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

November 27, 2009
4:11 AM

Post #7312692

We got home about 9:15.
Drizzle here... Holiday Lights are on!
More to get attended too tomorrow.

There were people waiting at Toys"R"Us when we went by at 9 PM... in the wind and rain...
for the Midnight Madness ...ONE hour sale... then they reopen at 5 AM...
Sorry not me!
They had some kind of stuffed pony on sale for 99 bucks normally $300.00...
"Limited Quantity"... I'm guessing it or they will be up on EBay by 2 AM... LOL!

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

November 27, 2009
4:20 AM

Post #7312711

I wonder if they are the same as the ones that were at an auction this summer. They passed them out a $5 a piece. You see lots of Christmas "Junk" at those summer auctions. Stores over buy that stuff, then send it to an auction house.

I was at Menards yesterday. They were setting up for Friday. Shelves of "Junk" sitting all over the place. All stuff they normally don't sell. I was all over the store picking up my supplies to finish the house & some lumber for cabinets. I didn't see one thing in those displays I would buy. I can see why so many people get gifts they really don't want.

I will get up at a reasonable hour & paint the bedroom tomorrow. Might go for coffee in the morning. The cafe & post office will be the only thing open in our little town. No stores in this town.

Anybody going shopping, Good Luck!
Bernie
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

November 27, 2009
4:30 AM

Post #7312729

I found that little gem...lol!

http://www.amazon.com/Hasbro-FurReal-Friends-Smores-Pony/dp/B000SOQH14

I don't watch commercials, have no little ones any more and so frankly had never heard of them.

We won't venture out till at least 3 PM and maybe not even then...
We need a few more sets of lights but not THAT much... ;-)

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

November 27, 2009
4:34 AM

Post #7312741

Looks like the same ones!

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

November 27, 2009
4:39 AM

Post #7312755

This was on the site you sent us to.

We bought this for Christmas for our daughter who is 5. First, she is an absolute horse FREAK! She begged for this pony for 2 years.

[...]
My daughter has played with this very little. She is disappointed that it does not move/walk. About 2 weeks after buying it the tail broke off!!! I have tried every kind of glue, tape, etc. and the tail can not be fixed in any way! She thinks it's so ugly and broken without the tail and she really wants nothing to do with it now. The part where the tail belongs looks like a giant behind hole!!! It's very ugly!!! It now sits in the basement collecting dust.

[...]! Only a very EASILY entertained child will find this interesting for more than 15 minutes! Save your money any buy something else.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

November 27, 2009
4:47 AM

Post #7312777

LOL!
But Daddyyyyyyyy...

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 27, 2009
9:35 AM

Post #7313200

Hi, everyone! No celebration like Thanksgiving here , in Romania. Just a harvest Day in October.
It's very warm for this time of year , 59 and sunny, perfect day for gardening!
I'm glad you had a wonderful time...it seems the girls are out shopping!LOL
Here are a few pics from my garden I took yesterday ... border of wall flowers I divided last week and the rose cuttings under the plastic recipients..

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 27, 2009
9:38 AM

Post #7313201

Lobelia and Aubrieta in their flower bed.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 27, 2009
9:40 AM

Post #7313202

Lobelia still blooming. I don't know if it's a perennial, but it looks good so far.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 27, 2009
9:41 AM

Post #7313203

Foxglove flower bed.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 27, 2009
9:42 AM

Post #7313204

One confused foxglove blooming!LOL

Thumbnail by adinamiti

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 27, 2009
10:18 AM

Post #7313214

Good morning!

Still pretty dark at 10 am, light breeze, 32F and light snow drizzle. Started snowing while I was at the pool ... the ground had turned white when I was finished! And Selma wore her sneakers to school ... (sigh) ... well I told her to put on her boots so I did my part ;-) lol

I've been to the pool for a swim every day this week and to the gym three times so I'm pretty darned pleased with myself :-) lol I think your wonderful card had a lot to do with that so thank you again.

Bernie - no we don't have Thanksgiving here ... but I'm thinking about tying it in with the beginning of Advent. I think it would be good for the girls to focus on what they can be thankful for, especially this time of year when they're busy going through the Toys'R'us ad brochure and thinking about what they want for Christmas ... which is almost everything in there (another sigh) lol And I'm sure that pony is one of the things Hildur Eva would want, she LOVES horses ... not happening! lol Now I can tell her it's not that special ... thanks!

Adina - nice photos :-) I found a confused foxglove in my garden the other day as well! lol Haven't checked on it lately, it's probably wilted by now, this week's been pretty cold. Seems like it's been a very mild fall everywhere this year ... well except Alaska ;-)

Started getting the Christmas stuff out yesterday ... the girls are VERY excited to say the least. Can't find the stuff for my advent wreath though ... have to look for it today.

Here's my confused foxglove ... this was nov. 13th.

Hope you have a great day!

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 27, 2009
12:46 PM

Post #7313333

I don't do the Black Friday shopping. Too much drama LOL!

39.1 F
Clear
Windchill: 39 F
Humidity: 78%
Dew Point: 33 F
Wind Gust: 2.0 mph
Pressure: 30.03 in (Rising)
(Above Ground Level)

Today
Mostly sunny. High 61. West winds 10 to 15 mph.

Nothing like cooler weather to get in the holiday mood!

Thumbnail by MySharona

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

November 27, 2009
4:31 PM

Post #7313727

You've heard me talk about my Friend DustyDS who recently moved back to GA.
Her pond is one of those our Koi and Shubunkin came from.

Well her Son Aaron was in a horrible wreck yesterday and there is a thread on Prayers.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1058833/

Ric

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

November 27, 2009
4:38 PM

Post #7313746

Cold here today... 37 (Wind Chill 29) ...we may make 40.
The Sun is 'supposed' to pop out by early afternoon.

We'll be back in the mid/upper 50's by tomoroow afternoon which is about 10 higher than normal.
BUT we are looking at mid 20's by Sunday morning.
The last of the tender water plants will FINALLY have to come inside it seems.
This is the longest we've ever had them out.

The Holiday lights looked good last night.
Now we have to tweak the setup and get the timers in line.
I'll get shots after we finish.

Adina and Rann amazing that you still have blooms!
And such nice ones!

Sharon LOL!

Ric

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 27, 2009
4:39 PM

Post #7313752

I don't do the Black Friday shopping thing, either. There is nothing I need to buy badly enough to risk getting trampled!

Family is all mostly here--still waiting for my daughter's two sons (ages 25 and 22 and both single) to arrive before the eating begins. :o))

Currently 52*F; mostly sunny; Wind out of the SE at 6 mph. 49% humidity. High today forecast to be 67*F--it's going to have to go some to make it.

Everyone have a good day!

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 27, 2009
5:53 PM

Post #7313953

Sharon, I see it's his favorite spot, so cute!LOL
Ric, can't wait to see the lights! Sorry for your friend's son, I'll keep him in my prayers.
Rann, good for you going to the pool and gym, you go girl! No wonder the girls are excited with the Christmas stuff...I am too! I need to get some of them out because I'm writing an article about the Christmas ornaments and have to take some pics. We don't usually take them out until the Christmas Eve...so now I can hardly wait to have them out!LOL
Your foxglove has such a pretty color and spotted too, so cute! Mine seems to be yellow...it's the first one blooming...I've just started them from seeds this spring.
Mau, better have a nice lunch with your family than trampled in the crowded store! especially with this flu going on...
I am so happy my DD got the plane ticket for December 17 and will stay until January14, yiippeeee!!!!

Warm here, 60, sunny and clear sky, no wind. Cold in the morning and freezing during the night. Appricot tree's foliage started to change color.
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 27, 2009
5:56 PM

Post #7313960

A closer look.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

November 27, 2009
5:56 PM

Post #7313962

G'Day!!! We had a great time with family here yesterday. We had more food than could possibly be eaten in a week! LOL My niece's boy Timmy was trying to kick some ice on the patio, slipped and ended up on his tushy. He's okay and popped right back up!

I have found that the simplest toys are the best and last the longest. Like the box the toy came in! LOL

Great job, Rusty, My house next!

35.2 F with 50 for the high.
Mostly Cloudy
Windchill: 35 F
Humidity: 78%
Dew Point: 29 F
Wind: 2.0 mph from the NNW
Wind Gust: 6.0 mph
Pressure: 30.10 in (Falling)
Visibility: 6.0 miles
Clouds: Few 14000 ft
Mostly Cloudy 20000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Sharon, Isis was being the professional model that she is! No tuna required. LOL Monty, however, is the true pro. He knows when the camera is on him and performs. Here, he is playing with a toy soldier I found.

Confrontation.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

November 27, 2009
5:58 PM

Post #7313970

Attack!!!

Thumbnail by kwanjin

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

November 27, 2009
5:59 PM

Post #7313975

Negotiation.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 27, 2009
6:00 PM

Post #7313976

Celia, so funny! Glad you had a great time with all the food...someone on another thread said her DH was in a food coma!LOL
Another picture of the cherry tree's leaves turning.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

November 27, 2009
6:01 PM

Post #7313980

Collaboration.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

November 27, 2009
6:02 PM

Post #7313988

Ambush!!!

Thumbnail by kwanjin

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 27, 2009
6:06 PM

Post #7313995

ROTFLOL! You must save some of those for the contest next year, they are great!
I brought some mums inside.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 27, 2009
6:07 PM

Post #7314000

More mums in a smaller vase.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

November 28, 2009
1:40 AM

Post #7315068

No shoppin for me today. The only thing I really wanted was a KitchenAid Stand Mixer that WalMart had for $139. Never seen it that cheap before. But have no place to put it although I was more than willing to rearrange above the cabinets to make it fit!! LOL

Super nice weather today. Sunny and high 60s. Same for tomorrow. But bottom drops out again on Sunday.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

November 28, 2009
2:40 AM

Post #7315195

Celia that was hilarious!

Adina Beautiful!

Pepper we have the 375 watt version and it it's our 2nd in 15 years.
Love It!

Bernie will chuckle and kiska and Joanna will howl.
We worked outside all day in cloudy low 30's temps... in about full winter construction gear early...
by afternoon we had adapted and I switched to a hoodie.
Man my blood got thin this warm Autumn! LOL!

Ric

This message was edited Nov 27, 2009 9:53 PM
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

November 28, 2009
2:51 AM

Post #7315239

Mine is still pretty thin too!! LOL
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

November 28, 2009
4:08 AM

Post #7315462

28 Calm and Clear

Beautiful moon out tonight.
Right over the Hot Tub it made neat patterns on the roof.
You could see moonbeams in the fog.

Ric

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

November 28, 2009
4:59 AM

Post #7315571

Your right Ric, beautiful moon, straight overhead.
33 here. High today was 40 something & sunny.
Ceiling in bedroom is painted. Walls get it tomorrow.

Taking a trip to Mankato tomorrow afternoon. Got about 4 people to see about cabinet work. 3 we are working on, the 4th just called this morning. Little kitchen in his basement.
Also building a vanity & linen closet for our bathroom.
Will be as busy winter at this rate.

Off to bed,
Bernie
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

November 28, 2009
1:03 PM

Post #7316042

Good morning!

Cloudy, fairly calm and 34F.

Hope you've all had a great holiday with your families!

Adina - thanks! :-) Pretty mums and foliage. Glad your daughter can be with you over the holidays :-)

Celia - lol at Monty!

Sharon - great photo of Boo (?) ... made me laugh :-)

My car broke down on Thursday night ... just what I needed, right ? Still don't know how expensive it's going to be. It's a good thing my soon to be ex has two cars, I can drive one of them until my car is fixed. It's old and feels like it'll fall apart any day, but there's no way I can afford another car, so we'll just have to hope it can be fixed and will last a while longer.

And he's filing for divorce so that's that ... it's final. I feel like I've been living a lie for 20 years ... don't think he ever really loved me. Hate the idea of being a single mother, but I guess that's just something I'll have to adjust to. Just hope one day I'll know how it feels to be loved back ...

So much to do and I'm running on an empty energy tank ... feel totally drained. The house is a mess, I was planning to bake gingerbread cookies with the girls ... and I still have to make the advent wreath ... finally found the stuff for it ;-) I really wish I could make this fibromyalgia thing go away ... or at least re-fuel the tank in a jiffy! lol

Autumn flowering crocus, Crocus speciosus ... photo taken Nov. 13th. They never manage to open the flowers but I still like them.

Hope you all have a great day!

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 28, 2009
1:39 PM

Post #7316106

Good morning, everyone!! Another beautiful day on tap here in Harrison, AR at my daughter's house. Yesterday was absolutely gorgeous. We had a wonderful day with fellowshipping with family and eating great food, of course.
I finished off my day by going to a movie "The Blind Side" with my 3 oldest grandchildren, all over the age of 20. Usually the only movies I see are the ones that I take my 9 yr. old grandson to see. "The Blind Side" is an excellent movie--I highly recommend it! No cuss words in it, either--can you believe it?
Ric: so sorry about your friend's son. Thanks for the link to the prayer thread. Congrats on getting the Christmas lights up! :o))
Celia: those photos of Monty and the "soldier" are hilarious! Reminds of the scene in the first Toy Story movie with the toy soldiers.
Adina: pretty flowers and nice color on the tree leaves. So glad your DD will be coming for such a long visit! :o))
Rann: I certainly don't know a thing about divorce laws in Iceland but couldn't you ask for one of your DH's cars as part of your divorce settlement? and how about child support payments and making it so that your soon-to-be-ex DH has to pay the house payment, if you have one, at least until the girls are 18. Not trying to be "nosy" here, just want to know that you and the girls will be secure. It would be a shame if you have to leave your home in the midst of all this turmoil you are going through right now. Prayers going up for you and the girls.

Another unseasonably warm day on tap. Currently 55*F and sunny. Wind out of the SW at 4 mph. Humidity 32% Heading for a high today of 69*F with a low tonight of just 51*F.
My daughter's next door neighbor has iris blooming!! Amazing for this time of year and the climbing rose also has several blooms on it. Yes, the plants and flowers in our area are definitely confused.

This message was edited Nov 28, 2009 7:41 AM
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

November 28, 2009
2:31 PM

Post #7316209

Rann I really like the Autumn Crocus.
Don't know why we don't have more of them.
I guess we just keep forgetting them when it's bulb buying time.
Sorry to hear about the car.
It's tune up day here for ours.

Well we got hit w/ a very cold shot last night.
One I saw that icy moon last night I knew it was coming.
It was 25 here this morning.
Looks like I can finally put the caps on the banana cages.
We'll be sunny and going to 56 today.
60 tomorrow.

Hopefully we'll get the new door in the Sewing Room installed.
Just too cold yesterday to leave that space open for that long.
It 'should' be a fairly straight forward deal... lol!

Ric

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

November 28, 2009
8:54 PM

Post #7316967

Rann, good luck with the car. We're down to one car ourselves. The Vette is put away for the winter and the Cavalier is sidelined until we can get it fixed. The radiator keeps overheating. So, that leaves the Tacoma. I was going to go to work for the Holidays but...

Bernie, you have lots to do, that's for sure.

Ric, you and Robyn enjoying the hottub already? I'll bet that was something to see!

Adina, those flowers are beautiful. The leaves look like they're putting out lots of color for you.

Mau, good you're having a great time.

45.4 F with this as the high.
Mostly Cloudy
Windchill: 45 F
Humidity: 52%
Dew Point: 29 F
Wind: 3.0 mph from the NW
Wind Gust: 14.0 mph
Pressure: 29.97 in (Falling)
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 15000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Thumbnail by kwanjin

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 28, 2009
9:55 PM

Post #7317076

Celia: You should make a photo calendar of Monty photos and put them on ebay. The cat lovers would most likely snatch them up in no time!

It has been a lovely day here with white fluffy clouds dotted across the sky, pleasant temps and sunshine. The wind is picking up a little and I will be going inside soon--starting to get a little bit cool. I have been sitting out on the deck enjoy the view and the weather here at my DD's house. I mentioned in my earlier post that the neighbor's flowers were blooming next door. Actually, the neighbor herself passed azway a few months ago and her grown daughter had an auction to sell the furniture and then she put the house on the market. Soooo, there is nobody living there to enjoy the flowers or take care of the flower beds. I thought I would take a few photos so all you flower lovers could enjoy the blooms. I know that Pat would like knowing that somebody was getting to enjoy them down here on earth. :o))

This is view of the rose arbor from my daughter's yard.

Thumbnail by marsue

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 28, 2009
9:56 PM

Post #7317078

This is a close-up of one of the roses in the late afternoon sunshine.

Thumbnail by marsue

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 28, 2009
9:57 PM

Post #7317082

The cactus is blooming, too.

Thumbnail by marsue

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 28, 2009
9:58 PM

Post #7317086

This is one of the iris blooms.

Thumbnail by marsue

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 28, 2009
9:59 PM

Post #7317090

This must be a miniature rose of some kind. It is blooming in Pat's front flower bed.

Thumbnail by marsue

kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 28, 2009
11:52 PM

Post #7317294

26*F and a beautiful, fresh snowfall to enjoy.
Sunrise: 9:40
Sunset: 3:48
loss of 3m:58sec
ric~so sorry about your friend's son; will go check the thread next.
Thanks for the many Thanksgiving wishes; I, too, am so thankful for DG friends along w/family/friends.
There have been beautiful and funny, photos posted; such a good way to see the world.
rann~hopefully some of the things marsu mentioned, will work out for you.
Took a short walk this afternoon; quiet and nice out.
An out-building roof-line~

Thumbnail by kiska

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

November 28, 2009
11:58 PM

Post #7317309

Celia, the photos of Monty and the army man are a major riot!

(((((Rann)))))

It feels cooler than this.

Updated: 2:51 PM PST on November 28, 2009
61 F
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 32%
Dew Point: 31 F
Wind: 9 mph from the NNW
Wind Gust: 18 mph
Pressure: 29.76 in (Steady)
Clouds: Scattered Clouds 10000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

this is what a 40% chance of rain looks like

Thumbnail by Kelli

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

November 29, 2009
1:20 AM

Post #7317514

Nice and warm with the sun out today. Did have a bit of wind but it still was nice.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

November 29, 2009
2:25 AM

Post #7317661

Like Pepper it was warm and sunny here too!
We were working in shirtsleeves.

Had a problem early.
One of my hoses slipped in the pond.
I had turned off one of the pumps and was draining it for the winter.
Bad news we lost about 80% of the pond water. (about 1/2 full now)
Good news is the fish are fine.
And w/ so little water we were able to catch the little ones FINALLY and move them to their winter home in the Stock Tank.
Also got all the goop cleaned out and the 'hardy's' moved into the deep end.

After fixing the hose we took down and disassembled the leaf netting.
Worked like a charm and there we barely any leaves in the pond.
Considering it's under a 60' tall Maple...

Then decided to work on the new door in the Sewing Room.
The opening is now framed and the door fitted.
Tomorrow (perfect weather again) we will hinge and hang it, finish the outer wall and foam.
Then I can finish the exterior trim and siding during the week.
I'll save a pic until we're done.
Here's the hole though...

And my buddy stopped by and tuned the car, changed the wires and filters and the oil.
We're ready for winter. Well not really but we are prepared...lol!

Ric

This message was edited Nov 28, 2009 9:42 PM

Thumbnail by henryr10

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 29, 2009
6:28 PM

Post #7318937

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CELIA!! Have a great day!!

Kiska: lovely and peaceful looking roofline pic, though cold looking, too.
Kelly: Your 40% chance of rain looks very pleasant to me! :o))
Ric: once again, you have been busy, busy. I'm glad the fish are doing fine.

Detailed Local Forecast for Harrison, AR:
* Today: Cloudy with occasional rain showers. High 62F. Winds W at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
* Tonight: A shower or two possible this evening with partly cloudy skies overnight. Low 36F. Winds NNW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 29, 2009
6:28 PM

Post #7318938

Ric, glad you are almost done with work and the fish are safe in the pond! Seeing this picture I've just figured out : you're the one who takes pictures and Robyn is the one who does the work!LOL Again, your weather sounds like mine!
Kelli, it really "seems" you are going to get some rain!LOL
Rann, I'm sorry for the car! I hope it doesn't need too much to fix it. Mau has a point, you should have some advantage on your side from this divorce even if it seems too hard to think about this. But you have to do it for you and for your girls. We are here for you anytime and will support you all along...I know how hard this is and how painfull, but you have to get your strength back and face it. If your DH wants this divorce, then he has to pay for you and the kids, so you won't have any financial problems, especially with raising the girls. He doesn't deserve your love if he acts like this. Even if it is hard, get yourself together and try to live your life as it is, for your girls sake. Oh, and he will have to pay a penssion for your illness too if you got it during your marriage...I'm sure the laws are the same in your country. I know it sounds like a cold thinking, but you need to be like this, it's your future we're talking about and of which he doesn't care about at all. I'm sure the girls will help you go through this too, much easier than if you were alone. Try to enjoy the holidays for their sake, it will do you good too. Don't let him ruin your holidays, he doesn't deserve so much sacrifice! Sorry if I sounded too bold or too rough. I went through a partial divorce with my DH once and I know this isn't easy, especially with 2 kids. Fortunately, we got back together and thigs went well afterwards. Maybe this could happen to you too...praying for better times and sending good thoughts to you and the girls.
Mau, very lovely pictures of the neighbor's garden. I hope someone gets care about the garden soon. What a proud grandma to go with the oldest grandsons at a movie...and they are great to want to go with you!LOL
Kiska, great view! How was Thanksgiving?
Celia, that Monty is a beauty!
Pepper, sorry you didn't get the mixer!

The weather was warm today although it rained last night. It was sunny ,no wind no clouds and 56 at noon, getting warmer the next days...like coming Spring!LOL Great sunset last night!

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 29, 2009
6:34 PM

Post #7318953

Mau, thanks for reminding us!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CELIA! Have a wonderful day!
Hugs,
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

joannabanana
Calgary, AB
(Zone 3a)

November 29, 2009
6:39 PM

Post #7318964

Hello Everyone,

We have another Chinook so all the CDN Football Fans are thankful, since the Grey Cup is here in Calgary today.

High of +10C or 50F, Low tonight +3C or 37F
Condition: mostly cloudy wind to become gusting to 50 km/hr or 31 mph
Wind: SW 17 km/h or 11 mph
Relative Humidity: 46%
Pressure: 101.5 kPa or 29.98" rising
Dewpoint: -3.5C or 25.7F
Ceiling: 21000 ft
Visibility: 64 km or 40 miles

Altitude: 1084 m or 3556 ft
Latitude: 51.12
Longitude: -114.04

Sunrise: 8:15AM
Sunset: 4:33PM
Daylight Hours: 8 hrs 17 min

Great sunset picture Adina
Love the snow scene too, kiska

This message was edited Nov 29, 2009 11:41 AM
joannabanana
Calgary, AB
(Zone 3a)

November 30, 2009
12:05 AM

Post #7319724

We had a nice sunset a few minutes ago

Thumbnail by joannabanana

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

November 30, 2009
1:38 AM

Post #7320024

Cold and cloudy again. High was only in the 40s.

Went to leaflady's today. No deer this year but it wasn't a good year for them this year. We see them everywhere but not when we can shoot them. But I did take a friend with me and we all had a good time. Her pets of course went nuts over me cause I made sure to give them lots of attention. LOL
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

November 30, 2009
2:53 AM

Post #7320248

Celia HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Don't know how I missed it this morning.

Joanna I'm watching the Grey Cup now... GREAT Game!
joannabanana
Calgary, AB
(Zone 3a)

November 30, 2009
2:55 AM

Post #7320253

;( I was cheering for Green. apparently someone can't count
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

November 30, 2009
3:00 AM

Post #7320268

GREAT ending!
Sorry.
I really didn't have a favorite.
I like Canadian AND Australian Rules Football for a change of pace.
It was a fun game to watch though.

Great picture there of the sunset!
Yours too Adina!

That's why I studied photography... to shoot other people working! LOL!

Ric

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

November 30, 2009
4:51 AM

Post #7320578

Happy Birthday!

I watched the Vikings destroy Chicago today. Best team we've had since they started here in 1960? Not sure, but it's been a while. A star at ever position is remarkable. Then if somebody gets hurt, there's another good player to take his place.

I finished the painting today, so lots of furniture moving this afternoon. We will wait until later to put trim on some of the windows & doors. Living room windows will get done tomorrow.

Got to get busy in the shop. Another person called the other day. We stopped there yesterday & I'm sure we will get the job. Small kitchen in their basement.

What's with all this violence & other crazy stuff going on ? 4 police killed in Washington state & then Dusty's son getting run down by the speeding kid. Seems like every day someone in the Twin Cities gets shot or stabbed. So sad!

Bernie
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 30, 2009
1:49 PM

Post #7321331

A lot has gone on this weekend. I don't have time to comment on everything. Great pics everyone.

Celia Monty is a hoot!!
Rann Yes that is her highness Isaboo! I will be talking to the bank today.

50.4 F
Scattered Clouds
Dew Point: 50 F
Pressure: 29.96 in (Rising)
Clouds: Scattered Clouds 25000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Today
Partly cloudy. High 74. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph.

Almost all of our Christmas decorations were stolen during the move in April. Very little is left; at least they didn't steal the tree or the dishes. Pretty much what wasn't stolen was what we stored in the house. I'm most heartbroken over the items form my mom when I was growing up. They weren't monetarily valuable, but the sentimental value is limitless. We are having to start over with the decorations, it's almost all gone.
FlipFlops
Brunswick , GA
(Zone 9a)

November 30, 2009
1:59 PM

Post #7321362

Celia, I had a cat for 16 years that looks like Monty only it was a "she". She was a flamepoint hemilayian (sp) and her name was Scarlett. Great pictures!!!! Like Sharon, so much going on with the family here for Turkey Day that I have gotten way behind on this thread. I too love the comments and pictures from everyone. HAPPY BIRTHDAY...I'm a little late.

Sharon, I am so sorry to hear about your decorations. You are right, you cannot replace the sentimental items. I have to go through all my Christmas things and see what I can use down here. Went out yesterday to look for some entry trees to put by the door on the front porch. Found some on sale at Michael's but don't know if I like them or not.
kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 30, 2009
3:18 PM

Post #7321689

12*F
Sunrise: 9:44
Sunset: 3:45
It's 6 am now, so a few hours till sunrise. Time to have coffee.
Thanksgiving was so nice; My oldest daughter, Carol/family, did a wonderful job of hosting.
Our Thanksgiving day visitor/one of two that were browsing.
Have a good day and week; will have coffee and get back later.

Thumbnail by kiska

kiska

(Zone 3b)

November 30, 2009
3:19 PM

Post #7321692

Same one/Thanksgiving Day.
(Sorry if I've posted these earlier).

Thumbnail by kiska

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

November 30, 2009
3:31 PM

Post #7321720

Moose Alert!
That still cracks me up kiska!
Our deer around here could run under those brutes!

Speaking of deer Wu started barking a few minutes ago.
2 deer went bounding down thru Jon's yard.
No pics unfortunately.

Grey and 42 here and that's how it will stay.

Today Robyn will get some more stuff out and incorporated into the light display.
Still have boxes of interior display items but w/ all the construction that won't be happening...lol!

I have to put the hinges on the new door, hang it and finish the framing.
I'll do the exterior work tomorrow when we're supposed to have mid 50's and sunny.
We put contractor's plastic over the outside opening Saturday so we can work indoors w/o letting all that cold air enter.
It's a strange door but as I suspected look Killer in the space.

Ric
joannabanana
Calgary, AB
(Zone 3a)

November 30, 2009
4:07 PM

Post #7321844

Seasonal temp around freezing. Forecasted to snow later today. Sunrise this morning

Thumbnail by joannabanana

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

November 30, 2009
5:00 PM

Post #7322037

Joanna, stay warm! Great pics.

Kiska, you stay warm, too. I did what you did the other day and ran through the snow barefoot! LOL It was great!

Ric, that's why I got a camera! LOL

FF, do you have pics of her? I love kitty pics. I'll bet she was as soft as Monty-man.

Kiska, I don't care how many times you post them, they're still great to see.

Sharon, I will never understand some people. I dealt with thieves everyday while I was working and I STILL don't get it. My sympathies on the lose of your memories.

34.9 F
Partly Cloudy with 43 for the high.
Windchill: 35 F
Humidity: 60%
Dew Point: 22 F
Pressure: 30.37 in (Falling)
Clouds: Few 20000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Isis being lazy. Or shot. Or both.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 30, 2009
5:55 PM

Post #7322214

It's cooler today--current temp is 44*F but the sun is shining in a cloudless sky
Today Sunny
High 51F
Precip 0%
Wind: From NW at 7 mph
Max. Humidity: 45%
UV Index: 3 Moderate
Sunrise: 7:04 AM CT
Sunset: 4:58 PM CT
Avg. High: 51F
Record High: 74F (1973)
Tonight Mostly Clear
Overnight Low 37F
Precip 10%
Wind: From WSW at 5 mph
Max. Humidity: 51%
Avg. Low: 33F
Record Low: 10F (1964)

FlipFlops
Brunswick , GA
(Zone 9a)

November 30, 2009
6:31 PM

Post #7322317

Celia, I only have one pic. of her when she was quite old. The rest of my pictures were not digital.

Thumbnail by FlipFlops

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

November 30, 2009
6:41 PM

Post #7322346

She was beautiful! Ahhh...I'm sure you miss her terribly.
FlipFlops
Brunswick , GA
(Zone 9a)

November 30, 2009
8:42 PM

Post #7322663

I do miss her...sixteen years was a long time she was with us. I got her when she was 6 weeks old and a little fur ball. She use to stick her tail up in the back like a scorpian LOL

Beautiful day today. I went for a bike ride and planted some more pansies and snapdragons.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

November 30, 2009
9:28 PM

Post #7322774

Started out in the 20s this morning and went up to what feels like high 40s.

Whiskers decided he wanted to sleep on my desk earlier.

Thumbnail by pepper23

FlipFlops
Brunswick , GA
(Zone 9a)

November 30, 2009
9:57 PM

Post #7322835

Wiskers looks like he waiting for an email LOL So cute!!!

Weather beautiful today, got up to 74.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

November 30, 2009
11:44 PM

Post #7323240

Sorry I didn't have time to comment earlier. I was on my way to lunch and then to have a massage---oh, so relaxing. My daughter's husband is a chiropractor and he does quite a bit of bartering--his chiropractic services for other people's services so I get a free massage from the masseuse lady every time I come up here to my daughter's house--wonderful!!
Joanna, lovely photos!
Flip--pretty kitty photo--I know you miss her.
Kiska: I really like your little lamp table in the photo--the one with the little bear holding up the top of the table. :o)) We don't have moose in Arkansas but we do have elk and my two grandsons said they saw one on their way up here to Harrison the other day. Our Game and Fish Commission "planted" the elk in one of our state parks to see if they would do well in Arkansas and evidently the elk are doing just fine.
Bernie: congrats on the finishing the remodel (well, except for a few minor things). We'll be expecting photos!
Ric: We'll be expecting photos from you, too, once you and Robyn finish your Christmas decorating.
Pepper: looks like Whiskers is a laptop cat instead of a lap cat! LOL
Sharon: I know what you mean about the sentimental value of your mother's decorations. I still have a couple of glass ornaments that belonged to my mother back in the 1950's. They were painted white and had glitter all over them. They are a little worse for wear but I still enjoy having them on the tree.

Everyone have a good evening!
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

December 1, 2009
12:10 AM

Post #7323331

Sharon, I can understand about the loss of your decorations. I have some that had belonged to my grandma and they would be one of the first things to go into the car if we ever had to evacuate.

Re Isis: My caption for the picture is, "A rude awakening for Chairman Meow".

Santa Anas yesterday and today. No fires that I know of.

Updated: 3:51 PM PST on November 30, 2009
74 F
Clear
Dew Point: 11 F
Wind: 13 mph from the North

MIL went home on Saturday so we're back to are usually mode and pace now. We went to the beach on Saturday. Here are a couple of little videos.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKQdTWMd6I4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD6LQZ2sOeQ

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

December 1, 2009
12:17 AM

Post #7323356

Today we went hiking.

this poem is about the spring but I always think of it in the fall

Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

December 1, 2009
12:18 AM

Post #7323363

On the way home, we got a flat tire

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

December 1, 2009
12:20 AM

Post #7323371

I suppose there are worse places to get a flat tire ;-)

Thumbnail by Kelli

Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 1, 2009
1:04 AM

Post #7323519

Wet Cold Dark - Tired
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 1, 2009
2:09 AM

Post #7323716

Yes I guess there are worse places to get a flat.
In fact I'd trade any flats I've ever had w/ you...lol!

Great cat shots!
We've been playing cat doorperson the last few days.
We put a temporary door between the kitchen and the sewing room.
That way we can work on the new exterior door and not freeze the house out.
Well the litter box and their food are in the Sewing room so...
every 15 minutes someone wants in or out..

Cool and cloudy most of the day.
Robyn worked lights.
I moved some more plants to the GH, moved a few solar panels and did some watering.
Then tackled the back door.
Well the door to the HT not the new one.
I got tired of moving the storm door we had closing off the Sewing Room to the front walk around.
So I installed it on the Deck door.
It was a wiggle fit and I had to do a little trim modification but it's in and air tight.
That's the north side of the house and it should really help w/ heating costs.

We should have mid 50's and sun tomorrow.
Friday/Saturday they are forecasting a high of 36 low near 22.
The rest of the marginals HAVE to be in by then and the GH second layer of plastic up...

Ric

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 1, 2009
2:37 AM

Post #7323822

Our living room is done except for carpet. That will wait for a bit. May not be to long, another person called about cabinets today. The part without carpet is new.

More pictures tomorrow.
Bernie

This message was edited Nov 30, 2009 8:38 PM

Thumbnail by CountryGardens

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 1, 2009
2:54 AM

Post #7323865

Bernie that looks GREAT!
Wonderful to have all that extra space eh?
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

December 1, 2009
12:33 PM

Post #7324547

we've moved here! http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1059861/

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Weather Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Boring Hurricane Boards? Floridian 106 Jul 24, 2011 12:43 PM
Big Feb Storm CountryGardens 54 Mar 3, 2007 2:39 PM
Yipee It's March!! Daily Weather sugarweed 206 Mar 9, 2007 4:58 AM
Deadly Tornado hits Alabama henryr10 22 Mar 5, 2007 5:01 PM
Help!!! Something's eating the moon!!!! Resin 10 Mar 6, 2007 4:42 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America