Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Nature's Surprise: I am so thrilled for you

Communities > Forums > Article: Nature's Surprise
bookmark
Forum: Article: Nature's SurpriseReplies: 3, Views: 26
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Elena
Middle, TN
(Zone 6b)

November 24, 2009
12:59 PM

Post #7305388

What a delight to have found that little gift from God at just exactly the right time! I hope that it thrives and becomes a beautiful tree to replace the one that was destroyed. "Ain't God good?"
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

November 24, 2009
5:19 PM

Post #7306069

Hi Elena...yes, it is a smiling time. Same thing happened with my holly trees, and now I have two of them. Same with my backyard golden maple.

It's a wonderful thing. Thank you.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.
Elena
Middle, TN
(Zone 6b)

November 25, 2009
1:15 AM

Post #7307361

Happy Thanksgiving back to you my friend. I have a huge black walnut tree that came from our bringing home some walnuts from a tree that grew at my mother's home in West TN. Not very long after that she died of cancer and the farm was sold. Unknown to us, one walnut got lodged in the dirt when we spread them out to dry before shelling them. To my delight, the next spring a little walnut tree peeked its little head out of the dirt and started to grow. I call it Mother's walnut tree. She would have loved for me to have it and I think of her every time I look at it.
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

November 25, 2009
2:35 AM

Post #7307524

What a great story, thank you!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Nature's Surprise Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Your seedling oak JuneyBug 6 Nov 24, 2009 6:24 PM
Council Butchers! NEILMUIR1 60 Dec 21, 2009 4:06 PM
I would have understood vossner 1 Nov 24, 2009 5:15 PM
Aweeeee! adinamiti 1 Nov 24, 2009 5:11 PM
I can feel your joy! robcorreia 22 Feb 17, 2010 4:46 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America