Is this the recipe you're going to use/that you found on the net?
Recipe #27281 | 4½ hours | 4 hours prep
By Donna M.
May 4, 2002
This wonderful recipe was given to me by a friend I work with. Thanks, Barb, for sharing!
2 - ¼ oz packages dry yeast
¼ cup water
1 cup yellow cornmeal
2 cups milk
½ cup butter
½ cup sugar
1 tsp salt
3 eggs, beaten
5 cups flour (approximately)
1. Dissolve yeast in warm water and set aside.
2. In a saucepan, cook corn meal and milk together over medium heat while stirring constantly, until thick.
3. In large bowl, mix butter, sugar, salt and corn meal mush.
4. Set aside to cool to lukewarm.
5. Add eggs, dissolved yeast, and 3 cups of flour and beat until smooth.
6. Pour onto floured surface and knead the rest of the flour into the dough.
7. Place in greased bowl, covered.
8. Let rise until doubled in bulk, punch down.
9. Let rise until doubled again, punch down.
10. Make into about 30 balls for rolls and place in greased pans.
11. Let rise until double, covered.
12. Bake at 350°F until golden brown (about 20 minutes).
13. Makes good cinnamon rolls also.
These sound really good. I'm going to have to try them. I wonder if these could be made in a kitchen aid mixer so you don't have to hand-knead the extra 2 cups of flour into the dough?