Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Home Repairs and Maintenance: Repair of "Eden Pure" heater

Communities > Forums > Home Repairs and Maintenance
bookmark
Forum: Home Repairs and MaintenanceReplies: 10, Views: 87
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
k2dew4at
Laurel Hill, FL

November 27, 2009
3:46 PM

Post #7313633

My brother and I each bought an Eden Pure heater 3 years ago which cost $267 apiece. Advertised as "whole house heater". After the 1st winter both heaters died. We sent them back to the factory (within warranty period) and one was replaced, the other was reimbursed. The replacement came to me, I used it for that winter, strictly adhering to directions (thought maybe we didn't do it right the first time) and it too died. I contacted Eden Pure in regard to this matter and have heard nothing from them. My question is this: in spite of Bob Vila's endorsement of Eden Pure products, do they make a really crappy product or what? When I priced a replacement they were about $347. I would imagine they are higher than that now. I'd like to either have the unit repaired or take it to the dump - living in a small area can't find a person who repairs small appliances of any kind or large ones either, pretty much. Don't know how to make the company respond but thought maybe someone out there might have had a similar experience and give some advice. Thanks!
ecrane3
Dublin, CA
(Zone 9a)

November 27, 2009
5:47 PM

Post #7313939

Do you have a Sears in your area? They frequently offer repair services for appliances even if it's not their brand. I'm not familiar with Eden Pure heaters so I don't know if there's something special about them that would require specialized knowledge to fix, but if it's just a regular sort of heater then if it's fixable I expect the Sears repair people would be able to help. I would keep hounding Eden Pure though--and document your repeated attempts to contact them and if they still don't respond then I would report them to the Better Business Bureau. And I'd definitely buy another brand next time if you're not able to get these fixed.
flowers_delight
Leicester, NC
(Zone 8a)

November 30, 2009
2:37 PM

Post #7321535

k2dew4at, I sympathize with you am battling over shark vacume that sucks or should I say doesn't suck. Never again will I order off TV. And to send this crap back costs so much in shipping you are still out half the cost of the item. Good luck and learn.
DesertPirate
Fallbrook, CA
(Zone 10b)

December 5, 2009
9:32 AM

Post #7337250

Don't know how you contacted them K2dew4at, but this is the number for their corporate office in Canton OH. 330-494-5504. Their hours are
Monday-Friday: 8:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Saturday: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Sunday: CLOSED

Their fax number is: 330-497-6802

Their e-mail address is custserv@edenpure.com.

I would not let them off the hook that easily. They need to stand behind their product. Be a constant pain in their @$$ until they do the right thing.
k2dew4at
Laurel Hill, FL

December 6, 2009
2:53 AM

Post #7340269

Thanks one and all. Very good advice from all of you.
MollyD1953
Columbia, TN
(Zone 7b)

February 17, 2010
5:02 PM

Post #7566785

k2dew4at when it worked did it work well for you? What kind of operating cost? Friends of mine have two of them and love theirs. They were recommending I get one so I wondered if you were just unlucky with them.

MollyD
k2dew4at
Laurel Hill, FL

April 10, 2010
3:23 AM

Post #7693781

Molly D:
Perhaps I could have been unlucky in one, yes. But 3? Doesn't that strain credibility just a bit?
MollyD1953
Columbia, TN
(Zone 7b)

April 10, 2010
5:49 AM

Post #7693969

Yes you do have a point there. Are there perhaps different factories producing the units and yours came from one that did shabby work?

MollyD
k2dew4at
Laurel Hill, FL

June 26, 2011
11:24 AM

Post #8655734

No response from Eden Pure, however, I have read that the infra red bulbs that heat that darn thing might be blown. I'm considering taking it to a Sears Svc. Ctr, paying the blasted fee and having them check that out. The bulbs are VERY expensive, but if it could be fixed for the cost of the repair and replacement I wouldn't at least be out the $300 + cost to replace the heater. Otherwise I might as well junk it, and I sure hate to throw away something that was so very expensive. $267 at the time and that is several years ago, now it is well over $300 to replace. Any ideas?
jtbmi
Waterford, MI

September 8, 2011
8:54 AM

Post #8799067

i bought an eden pure.. the following summer it went kapoot... sent it back, got a new one.. after 2 winters this one is now a goner.. eden pure, i would never recommend them...we had a warranty with it.. i believe back then it was a 2 year warranty.. when our last one went out, the warranty had lapsed 2 months prior.. so now, im told its probably a red light bulb heater thingy...and the repair shop said they have rebuilt ones for about the same price..so im guessing we are not the only ones getting rid of these if they have re built ones for sale.. how sad.. i hope bob villa got his money up front !!

justin
1_Lucky_Texan
Arlington, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 8, 2011
11:14 AM

Post #8799243

well, the OP was in 2009 so, dunno if anyone here is still having Eden Pure problesm or not.

I'm just going to mention that, if you buy items with certain credit cards, your warranty period can be increased - maybe doubled.

Also, a local appliance parts sales shop might have names of people doing small appliance repair work.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Home Repairs and Maintenance Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to Home Repairs & Maintenance Terry 17 Jul 14, 2011 1:42 AM
hiring help roxroe 16 Mar 27, 2007 9:04 AM
I hated trimming the grass along the fence jleec 15 Jun 6, 2011 6:47 AM
Hi! I'm new but have 2 questions Illoquin 7 Apr 5, 2007 6:48 PM
Eeek... mice! dreamingofeden 10 Mar 15, 2009 10:50 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America