What's my name?

Canton,IL &Dent Coun, MO(Zone 5b)

Can anyone tell me the name of this Philo?

Thumbnail by trinawitch
noonamah, Australia

Looks like xanadu.

Miami, FL(Zone 10a)

Philo. xanadu is my vote as well!

not too bad then for $4 at the grocery store? LOL

zone 6a, KY

no kidding. I'm eyeballing all the divisions, lol.

In Spring. In Spring hold off until spring....LOL besides by then I'll saved up enough to go bother LariAnn if she still has any for sale...LOL

zone 6a, KY

Sounds good. Oh, maybe she would have some of the ones I can't find anyplace...

her website's pretty neat have you seen it?

zone 6a, KY

No, didn't know about it, but ready to look. It's all dreary today so no watering to do, lol.

sorry dad needed something headed home soon here is the website hope no one gets mad at me

http://arodiaresearch.org/index.htm

zone 6a, KY

Thank you, trina. No prob :).

this one is good too

www.exoticrainforest.com

My dream but we can't have everything we want....LOL

zone 6a, KY

I roam around exoticrainforest quite a bit. I find him whenever I research a species aroid :). I love what they built in the middle of the country, lol.

Like I said I wish! with my luck I'd get it all done and one of my kids would leave the door open in the middle of january and I'll wake up to frozen plants the next day!

Miami, FL(Zone 10a)

Katrina,

The URL you provided for my website won't work, as "aroidia" is misspelled as "arodia" - the correct URL is

http://aroidiaresearch.org

duh...blonde moment sorry I was trying to pretend I was smarter than I really am...LOL

zone 6a, KY

I figured it out, and was looking all over there :). I was trying to figure out which ones I would want and how to fill out a the non trade agreement with no printer, lol.

I'm easy I want them all! LOL I just got another one today when Iwent to springfield (again) I think, or at least I'm pretty sure it's a spade leaf philo, if I can find what my son did with the camera I'll take a picture of it

not sure so I asked the seller man now I want one...stop it your a bad influence...LOL

zone 6a, KY

Trina, honestly, could I really influence you? I think you were pretty hooked on aroids before this, lol. Me too. I can't even find half the plants I want, I guess I have strange taste.

zone 6a, KY

Maybe if we can find out what the plant is, we can dress them up for Christmas ourselves and save some bucks. Heck, I'm seeing selloum as Santa now, lol.

Yeah I'm pretty far gone!
I never thought of that...and did you see the price to ship it? I almost bought one then I say the shipping and I'm like no way she had a benie in the pic too which means it would fit in a flat rate box a medium one at that

oh yeah I got some new ones today on my to springfield to see my mom. I got 2 velvet leaf philos at Lowes (well Dad actually got those for me) one lime green kinda looking and an anthirum (sp) I have pics I took with my camera phone if ya wanna see

zone 6a, KY

sure, show us your planties! I am calling rudolph plant a 6 inch pot. I would just like the plant, lol.

me too that is not one I own, but I think he'd kill me considering ow much money I spent today

here's #1

Thumbnail by trinawitch

and here's number 2

Thumbnail by trinawitch
zone 6a, KY

Mr. yellow is probably neon pothos, and the other is a bloomin' anthurium... I can't wait to see what color your spathes are. So far I have a white one (my son broke it before I could see it develop). I also have one that I haven't seen bloom. They are so, so, so slow when you are waiting for it. It's like watching for water to boil. It's putting on lots of leaves. Lots. But no flower yet, whaaaaaaa.

if my son would bring the camera home I would take better pictures but it's a really really dark red bloom on it

zone 6a, KY

Please tell me you want a white one to trade. I see your flower now.

is it a peace lily?

if it's not a peace lily then yes, but only because I have6 peace lilies from funerals this year

zone 6a, KY

No, anthurium. Sorry about the accumulation of peace lilies... :(

then yes as soon you tell me how to divide one! LOL

that's why my friend judy had plumeria seeds given away at her funeral, she said she hated peace lillies cause they scream funeral

zone 6a, KY

Well, looky at the base of the plant. If it has multiple growths, you can just divide it. Some only have one growth point, but should eventually branch off. I have also seen them grow pretty tall, and they root up the stem, to where you could whack a cutting, but I wouldn't until the new wears off. It's a pretty plant, so just enjoy it unless a division is just screaming at you :).

always for something I don't already have...LOL

Lari Ann you're killing me I see that hybrid of yours up in DG...definately gonna have to balance the checkbook in the morning now! I couldn't live with myself if I didn't get one of your hybrids, and that one will go straight to my room where no one can breath on it but me! LOL

noonamah, Australia

I've got one of those "rudolf the red nosed reign deere Philodendron" plants, minus the eyes and nose of course. Was on the property when I bought it. In a very bad place (hot sun and no water) and only ever one or two leaves, but a long stem. Just recently I finally got around to moving it to a better site so hopefully it'll grow a lot better. Don't know its name though.

zone 6a, KY

Well, I'm on a quest to find it's name. The eyes and nose are cute, but I don't know how the philo feels about it. Hope they made them removable, lol.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images