-
AuthorContent
Kathleen
Panama, NY
(Zone 5a)

December 2, 2009
4:25 PM

Post #7328380

Waiting for the snow at the end of the week here. We've had bits, probably up to around 12 inches since the first bit in October. There is a chance of significant snow Friday, depending on where the lake bands set up. It's a crap shoot - a foot here, sunny and clear there. You just have to wait for the wind to decide.

I'm just in from a romp with a little black calf. It's the same calf that I had an early morning romp with a couple of weeks ago. It seems to have found the way to the great outdoors, whether by its self or with help from some slightly bored cow dogs, I do not know. Stan snuck up behind it while it was watching me and grabbed its string and took it back in - after we'd been up and down the little orchard a couple of times. We may have to buy that one a collar and chain.

Stan has the snowblower on the cab tractor, the lights mostly working on the spreading tractor, the new car is spending the winter in the shed and we're back to my old faithful Trailblazer. The machinery is put up, there's a new engine on the bedding chopper and the heifers that fit in the barn, are in the barn. There will be 5 girls spending the winter in the cold, crisp air. Keeps them healthy.

This thread has 25 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. Take a tour of our site and learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!

Other Farm Life Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
can chicken and rabbits get along? Minnie 6 Jul 8, 2009 12:56 AM
Let's meet the new folks MaryE 64 Aug 23, 2008 2:40 AM
Seasoning fresh bacon? Lana 3 Oct 27, 2007 7:05 AM
Help! Chickens Won't Initiate Egg Laying.... gidgrower 27 Apr 6, 2008 1:18 AM
This is a Great Forum!!!! JodyC 28 Jul 6, 2007 6:42 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America