Photo by Melody
We rolled out several small fixes on January 29. If you encounter any problems, please report them in the designated thread in the DG Site Updates forum.

Article: A Grapevine Christmas Tree: teacher's lounge

Communities > Forums > Article: A Grapevine Christmas Tree
bookmark
Forum: Article: A Grapevine Christmas TreeReplies: 0, Views: 20
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Liquidambar2
Mount Vernon, KY

December 3, 2009
6:13 AM

Post #7330698

Years ago, I ran into my first grapevine Christmas tree. It was sitting on a table in the teacher's lounge in Bardstown Independent school. It was the prettist thing I ever laid eyes on! Oh how I wanted one so bad.
My feverish mind turned over and over in my head what kind of base I could use that would be quick (not much time in those days to hammer, nail, saw). Nothing came to mind, several Christmases came and went, and still I could not find the time or a simple way to make the vase..

I just could not think of a base? And you come up with this simple idea, I am in awe of you and also - well I am thinking now, why didn't I think of that!

A few years ago some one had made a whole truck load for of them and were selling them at a busy intersection. I would have stopped and bought one, but that was the only time that my husband who works away from home all the time was with me. So I did not. They were selling like hotcakes that day and they did not last long. All Gone when I came back later that day. Sigh, I was just not meant to have one.

Now you bring this up. You know the third times is a charm. I really think I am meant to have one. Maybe not this Christmas but I will start gathering my vines (wild you know) when I go with my now retired husband to check the fences. This is going to be fun.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: A Grapevine Christmas Tree Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Oh, Wow! Never Realized! DreamOfSpring 2 Dec 16, 2013 2:37 PM
Your tomato cage idea foodiesleuth 2 Dec 5, 2009 1:06 AM
Adaptable CajuninKy 1 Dec 4, 2009 6:48 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America