Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: A Grapevine Christmas Tree: teacher's lounge

Communities > Forums > Article: A Grapevine Christmas Tree
bookmark
Forum: Article: A Grapevine Christmas TreeReplies: 0, Views: 20
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Liquidambar2
Mount Vernon, KY

December 3, 2009
6:13 AM

Post #7330698

Years ago, I ran into my first grapevine Christmas tree. It was sitting on a table in the teacher's lounge in Bardstown Independent school. It was the prettist thing I ever laid eyes on! Oh how I wanted one so bad.
My feverish mind turned over and over in my head what kind of base I could use that would be quick (not much time in those days to hammer, nail, saw). Nothing came to mind, several Christmases came and went, and still I could not find the time or a simple way to make the vase..

I just could not think of a base? And you come up with this simple idea, I am in awe of you and also - well I am thinking now, why didn't I think of that!

A few years ago some one had made a whole truck load for of them and were selling them at a busy intersection. I would have stopped and bought one, but that was the only time that my husband who works away from home all the time was with me. So I did not. They were selling like hotcakes that day and they did not last long. All Gone when I came back later that day. Sigh, I was just not meant to have one.

Now you bring this up. You know the third times is a charm. I really think I am meant to have one. Maybe not this Christmas but I will start gathering my vines (wild you know) when I go with my now retired husband to check the fences. This is going to be fun.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: A Grapevine Christmas Tree Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Oh, Wow! Never Realized! DreamOfSpring 2 Dec 16, 2013 2:37 PM
Your tomato cage idea foodiesleuth 2 Dec 5, 2009 1:06 AM
Adaptable CajuninKy 1 Dec 4, 2009 6:48 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America