New Around the Barn #3

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

To all those Above The Mason-Dixon Line,

Can you please take back your winter weather? It seems to have taken a wrong turn, and dove waaaaaaaay too far south. Having lived here five years now, my blood has thinned sufficiently enough, I see the S word in my forecast, and Id like to return it back to you where it belongs.

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/Weather.aspx?location=USTX0637

LOL

Social Circle, GA(Zone 8a)

I heard it snowed in N Texas yesterday.... We are supposed to have flurries Saturday. Maybe it will be a tough winter? We usually do not get snow until feb or Mar if we get it at all.

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

I'm way way WAY too far South for this "S" nonsense...

It sounds like a cuss word now..

Truly, I'm Laughing my Tailfeathers off. My boys are going to FREEZE! =) I can dress for it.. I'll be sure to snap a picture of me in my pink striped beanie hat in the cold. Even if it doesn't "S", it's gonna be COLD Saturday morning.

Richmond, TX

I didn't move to the Gulf coast to get snowed on. Say it isn't so!

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

Well, it's turned colder up here, and calling for that's' word over the weekend. For me I think it will be mostly flurries, however.

South Hamilton, MA

I think the thing to do is grab a map of the US by the gulf coast & flip it over so we are looking at the other side of the map--temp would be in the correct place for the season. 60s here today & I am stuck with Dr. & dentist appointments. Will get home after 3:00, but I bet the temp is dropping by then. Area horses are still wearing blankets--bet they are complaining.

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

Jumper - See, my friend in Fort Saskatchewan, Canada sent me a note like this..

"You won't get the "S" word.. You'll most likely get the "F" word.. Flurries, that is."

LOL

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

Lol. At least flurries don't last. Lake Erie is nowwhere near frozen yet(water too warm), so we get lots of lake effect 's' stuff for now. It depends on wind direction as to who gets it. BTW the temp just dropped to 40 and going downward. Calling for 38 tomorrow, yippee. Glad horse has a blanket!

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

Current temperature, 53F
Tonight's Low, 40F
Tomorrow's high, 42F, and dropping all day
Down to 30F tomorrow night

Where do I live, again?!

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

LOL!! Your low is today's high. Tonight we will be in the teens and it will be just as cold if not colder tomorrow. Light snow on Sunday/Monday and heavy snow on Tues. Supposedly. Will believe it when I see it. LOL

If you get flurries down there you have to post a pic to prove it. lol

Richmond, TX

It has been snowing here since about 7:30 this morning. Interfered with my scheduled hay delivery. This is the earliest recorded snow in the Houston area.

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

ooooh... uh oh .
Stay warm PP!!

Richmond, TX

Not snowing in Victoria?

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

Not in Seadrift (I'm at work).
BF reports not yet in Victoria.

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

It
is
snowing
at work

WHEEE>.

South Hamilton, MA

Bet that it all doesn't stay on the ground. Think of it as a heavy rain.

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

I know it won't..
It's flying in the air
*giggle* That's still a big deal here.

Social Circle, GA(Zone 8a)

What? NO PHOTOS????

South Hamilton, MA

TV said 4" of snow in Houston.

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

it never stuck long enuf to photo
but the horses say what the ____!!
it's 25f here this am. nuts

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

We're at 32 today. Have to go do chores soon. I think I may need the longjohns!

Richmond, TX

We still have snow on the ground on the north side of the barn. All the grass that was still green and lush is now rather black. Fortunately I planted winter rye in several of the pastures, and it is doing well. I don't care what the date is, winter is here. (Of course those of you who are north of the Mason Dixon line quite rightly feel that we don't really have winter at all.)

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

my boys are sad. all the grass is dead. I am sad for them too.
darn frost. kills the bugs which is good.
kills the grass which is not so good.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

It snowed here all night and half the day. I hate the stuff. It's as cold as an eskimo's hind end out there now. Very clear so I'm sure we will be dealing with ice tomorrow. I'm praying for lots of sunshine.

Here is what we woke up to this morning. The pics look like B&W but they were in full color. The day was very gray and depressing. Have I mentioned I hate cold weather?

Thumbnail by CajuninKy
Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Looking out my front door.

Thumbnail by CajuninKy
South Hamilton, MA

Lovely view. We will need four seasons pictures, especially in fall color next yr. Snow here overnight, estimate 2" so it won't stay. Also lost power, was afraid for computer, but turned it off from the tower ok. I am glad that I no longer have to do frozen water buckets, however.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

No snow yet. The bath tub used for a couple of horses where we board was frozen yesterday. NOT looking forward to frozen buckets!

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

Cold doing barn chores today. Rain/ snow mix started tonight. Barn owner put heater in bathtub yesterday, at least THAT water won't freeze!

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

Had sunny skies today, but chilly temps in the 40's I would like snow, I think I am moving to Cajun's place

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

We had nice weather today. It was warm enough and no rain but the wind was howling. Blew over the chicken pen and we had to use a come along to get it back upright. Then we had to drive stakes in the ground and strap it down. We gave Granny away today. Since we moved some of our animals are in temporary quarters. Had 4 horses with no barn. Gave Granny away to a good home so she could get in out of the cold and mud. I don't sleep well knowing they are not comfortable but there is nothing I can do about it right now. I'm working hard to get them in good homes but the down economy is not helping. Talking to a guy with a barn tomorrow. Say a prayer for me.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

We have snow this am. It's in the 20's too. Glad horse has a blanket!

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

We had 30 this morning with a stiff breeze but the sun was peeking out so it was bearable. The cold air hurts my chest.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

The wind has now picked up, makes it feel even colder.

South Hamilton, MA

Glad that you found a good home for Granny. It is great that you have Tug to remember her. J-2 still happy with the home she found for her arabian mare, who is now over 30 yrs. old. Talked to her on the phone today & it sounds as if we are going to get her weather. We are not pleased. Hope the chicks are ok after the fence peoblem.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

They seem to be no worse for the wear. I picked up an egg today. LOL I just came in from feeding my dog and it is bitter cold out. Have I mentioned I hate cold weather?

Glad J2 found a good home for her Sr. It's a very satisfying thing and brings peace of mind.

South Hamilton, MA

Nasty & cold here. Don't like it but hate extreme heat in the summer.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

Cajun, She's fat and happy with another sr. horse for a buddy. Peace of mind is great. Hope your home finding goes well.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

Did morning chores at the barn as I'm at a concert this afternoon. I usually help with evening chores.
Had snow on the ground, and helped get a halflinger out of his feed box. He had his front feet standing in it and is too short to unstick himself. We used a haybale stuffed in it to help him out. It took 5 of us to help him. He's 3, hope he had learned his lesson.

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

58 degrees and sunny for our Gymkana today. very little wind.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

DD rode today before we did chores. Alice was a little spooky as the snow was sliding off the indoor arena's roof. Both handled it pretty well.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images