-
AuthorContent

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

December 4, 2009
1:34 AM

Post #7333085

I wish you had blown that guy off the planet with the strength of your reply. He should know that he is dumber than the sticks he cuts and not to try to pull the wool over a gardener's eyes. He needs training. I think I would have spoken to the neighbor also, but more kindly on an informational basis.
My mother -in-law had someone butcher the live oaks in her front yard and now they are dying. It is useless to wait till the deed is done to say anything.
I enjoyed your piece and like to see a little fire in people.
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

December 4, 2009
2:08 AM

Post #7333234

Goldhill...perhaps I should have said more, but I didn't at the time. I doubt he would have understood anyway. But I did talk with my neighbor last week, and explained to him what I knew and the reasons for my concern. He was understanding and kind, but I could tell he did not share my feelings or knowledge about nature and the environment. Sometimes we can only be tolerant.

He will eventually learn more from my actions than he would ever learn from my words. I'll never see the tree trimmer again, so trying to argue with him...he already 'knew it all'...would have been useless.

I appreciate your opinion. Sometimes fire works and sometimes it doesn't.
We don't always know which path to take.

Thank you for commenting. It's good to hear from you.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Nature's Surprise Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Your seedling oak JuneyBug 6 Nov 24, 2009 6:24 PM
Council Butchers! NEILMUIR1 60 Dec 21, 2009 4:06 PM
I am so thrilled for you Elena 3 Nov 25, 2009 2:35 AM
I would have understood vossner 1 Nov 24, 2009 5:15 PM
Aweeeee! adinamiti 1 Nov 24, 2009 5:11 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America