Christmas Cafe 2009

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

WElcome to the Flowerpot Christmas Cafe - this is a season of joy and happiness for everyone. It has been a long year with many ups and downs and we all need to find things to make us rejoice so come on in, sit a spell, hang your ornaments on the tree and warm yourself by the fire!

We came from here:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1049924/#new

This message was edited Dec 5, 2009 4:07 PM

Thumbnail by haighr
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

I put up a pine tree for all to decorate right next to the bar. How do you like the new wallpaper and hardwood floors, better for dancing than that carpet we used to have, but watch out BB when we come down off the tables it won't be all cushioned anymore LOL!

Thumbnail by haighr
Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Watchoo talking about WE? LOL!!!

Well, as I was saying out with the old! Fritz got the fire going and that Zebra thingee and MJ outght to be toast by now!

I brought some more ornaments down and got the lil tree out of the barrel too. It needs a little tidying up yet. Im still moving B'Hilders pumkins. She had to lite out of here on Halloween in a hurry and Jeez...forgot to twitch her nose and left me with manual labor.

Dang that old witch...terri almost took another header in the slime again.

Well, I need to get going...6'2" and I got some catching up to do so catch you all later!

london England, United Kingdom

Season's Greetings everyone!

Candee, you've made a fantastic job of the outside decorations. WOW! it really looks beautiful at the Christmas Cafe'.Well done!!! The new wallpaper looks ... well, like an English pub LOL! Good idea to get rid of that old carpet. The pine christmas tree smells lovely in here, I'm bringing me pears in to hang on it!

Mince pie anyone?

Jingle all the way! ....

Thumbnail by terriculture
Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Well Hi terri!! You sure are in the spirit of things! Im pooped. Mind if I put my feet up and set a spell. I could use a hot chocolate.. would you be a dear? Straight up if you will, Im having to drive tonite to make deliveries and dont need no accidents.

Hi Blossom!! Shure, have a seat, I'll be right back!

or will I????? teehee!!

The chocolate bus is on it's way, enjoy!

I've got me a Fine snowball ready for when you get back LOL!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Well, Im just gonna put my feet up and enjoy reading the new seed catalogs I got in. Im tired and just have to get off my feet and relax relax relax......

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Glad you like the decorations, nearly fell off the ladder putting up those stupid star lights, but Fritz brought them from his old business and was determined to have me get them hung!
Those pears will really spice up the tree Terri thanks for thinking of them.
Oh the chocolate wagon sure reminds me of the good ole days. I think I'll sit here quietly with BB and let you bring me a hot tea as I am still under the weather and need a bit more rest myself.
Hope the rest of the gang gets here to the cafe soon, I am sure they can see the lights from miles away!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Okay, Zany said she was providing this funky gold boa as a decoration and I managed to get Terri's sparkling pears on the tree. Hope you like the drape I put behind it for the season, just didn't care for the pub look during this festive season.
Now come on all lets get some decorations and gifts in here and don't forget the table arrangements.

Thumbnail by haighr
Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Candee had the bar looking so nice I thought I'd have my picture taken there since I'm demurely dressed for the festivities. Drag out your photoshop and join me!

Thumbnail by Zanymuse
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

lmao, ohhhhhhhh Zany you are a hoot in a suit! I would have never dreamed of seeing you in fishnet and giftwrapped to boot!

You sure made my day!

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Bah...Humbug! Pass the chocolate!

P

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Peggy, surely you jest - if you aren't rolling on the floor after seeing Zany at the bar well then I don't know what would tickle your fancy.
Chocolate? what did you have in mind? Will this spread work for you?

Thumbnail by haighr
Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Well, if Peggy is saying Bah Humbug it must be time to pass around the eggnog to cheer her up...and pass that chocholate spread on over to the bar!

Thumbnail by Zanymuse
Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Pilates P asking for CHOCOLATE! ROTFLMBBO!

Well, Im gonna have a blue Christmas!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGBvbrXNjs0&feature=related

Lovin your outfit Zany!

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Zany bows and grins with pleasure. I am so glad you like the outfit...I was afraid it might be a little drab... But DG won't take animated gif's so I couldn't ust the sparkling boa, the blinking hat or the shaking tamborines like I wanted. I was even going to animate it to have me dancing on the bar doing the funky chicken.... but that is probably all the better since it kept me from going way over the top with it ;~}

Greetings Happy one's !!!!! and Grrrr eetings to HUMBUGS!!

Hope you are feeling better today Candee? The tree looks great with the Boa and pears, hope we get flooded with decorations soon!
Zany, Thanks for eggnog, would someone take them out to the ......

'HUMBUG SHACK' Outside ................................ way down yonder!!!

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Pass that chocolate and make sure that eggnog has a little "something"in it and I'll truck my grumpy ole behind on down to Terri's Bah-Humbug Shack....LOL

BYE !!!!!

LOL!!! careful going through the woods!!!!!!

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

I think I just got "kicked to the curb"...*G*

Finally going to get my decorations up today...maybe that 'll put me in the mood.

Here's a blue tree for the ' Bah Humbug Shack'! to get you started... LoL!

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

that's just georgous

I haven't decide what color I'm going with. Just doing a 4 ft. tree but probably in organics....which may not be proper to put organics on a fake tree but ...oh well.

I just checked my hydrangeas heads ...they're a nice grown color. Should have cut them in cream stage but I think I'll do the new in color this year of "brown"( and creams). Hope I can find my turkey feathers.

Thanks!

That sounds very creative, I'm looking forward to seeing it!

here's the old humbug tree! with fresh gerbera's.

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Bigred may be feeling the holiday cheer a bit more today. I put lots and lots of "extra" in that eggnog before sending it down to the Humbug Shack. I peeked in on her late and she was sound asleep hugging that wonderful blue tree and had a gerbera in her mouth like a flaminco dancer's rose.

I like the idea of using organics on a fake tree. It kinda tells a story of the history of Christmas trees from olden days to modern times and that the spirit is still alive.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

ZZZZzzzzzzz......Caught me....LOL

Had to go out in the rian to harvest some hydrangeas and grass plumes. So I'll have to let them dry in the kitchen until torrow before I can decorate.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Well dont feel so bad red, I had to trudge the 70 mile trek to oblivian and back... IN snow now ice and rain. So dont mind me asitting here reyading my new seyed cats!

Nas tray terri. Blue on blue! Heartache on heartache... will someone change that tune and ....

Aaaaaahhhh! GIT OF MY BLE SWEUT SSHEWS!

Just what we need a lil rockabelly! Hit it ELVY!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

That is a humbug shack - how humdrum humbug!
Glad you didn't dance on that bar there Zany you might have fallen into the tree and it isn't even finished being decorated yet.
Nice blue tree and Peggy perhaps you should consider organic blue for your tree Terri's looks good in that color.
Now pass the chocolate and the nog that is just what I need to help my ailing.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

hmmmm.. sumthin aint right here, that Bahumbug Shack looks a whole lot of REDNEK! I saw the outhouse out back o that shack and it looks fermiliar fer some reason.....

Dum dee dum de dumpity dump da dump dee dump de dump dump!

BOINK!!!!!

Gimme da chocolate. I need a fix!

Thumbnail by BLOSSOMBUDDY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1Ond-OwgU8

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Do you realize how ridiculous that looks in dialup?????

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

I'll have to try the link from home, can't access from work.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

LOL! Nothing like freeze frame! LOL!

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Well,the Grinch has her tree up. Festive in browns,gold,bronze and cream.....A Chocolate Tree!

Thumbnail by bigred
Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

the mantel

Thumbnail by bigred
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

That sure brightens up the humbug shack Peggy and I think the browns are fab, you heard brown is the new red!
Guess I will bite the bullet and put up our little artificial tree this weekend even though we won't be here. I do miss having a real tree, but they are so pricey these days and not really worth it since we go away although I miss hanging my ornaments and homemade bows too??? Wish I could find a real one at a reasonable price I would go ahead and put one up.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Thanks haighr,
I still have to do the presents. I'll do them in brown kraft paper and dk.choc brown ribbon

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

That sounds nice, I do like chocolate brown.

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Now that is a color scheme for a Chocolate lovers heart! Well done indeed!!!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.