Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: How To Kill Over-winter Roses: A kindred spirit

Communities > Forums > Article: How To Kill Over-winter Roses
bookmark
Forum: Article: How To Kill Over-winter RosesReplies: 2, Views: 11
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 4b)

December 7, 2009
6:44 PM

Post #7345381

I didn't know that there was someone else out there like me. Drives my husband crazy, the zig-zagging through tasks with wild abandon and no thought to continuity (in the short run.) And your writing style -- over the top great!!! And I didn't mind some of the helpful hints on how to make my roses thrive, nevermind survive up here in Alaska. HooooAh to you.
WigglyPaw
Hastings, MI
(Zone 5b)

December 8, 2009
9:19 PM

Post #7349498

Hugs right back at cha don't ya know. wink wink.

I can't keep on track of anything. I lay in bed thinking of what I have to do and get overwhelmed.
My doctor is no help.
What do you do?
Any tips or hints on how to make your life more productive and less chaotic?
Sher
Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 4b)

February 1, 2010
5:23 PM

Post #7518792

Awwww, Sher. I am the last person to offer 'self-help' tips. Since I retired a year ago it is even worse. Now I don't have the excuse of working 5-7 days a week, 11-14 hour days. All this time and no sense of schedule at all. Indeed, I shy away from 'planning' anything. This from the heavy duty controller who oversaw several mid sized ($50-300m) corporations but can't manage to keep my daily tasks in any order. Mostly I take deep breaths, tell my inner- um, here my vocabulary gets away from me. I shall clean it up. Tell my inner-mother to be quiet and let me do my own thing without 'her' constant nagging. I am ok, and so are you. We march to our own drummer and there is really not much you can do about it. Accept, accept. Love yourself. Revel in your free spirit. LOL It is how you were created, and is therefore beautiful. Just doesn't always rub along well with 'other types' who have a decidedly more orgainzed beat. Okay. Now I am really laughing. I married an engineer of all people. How nuts is that! But it works, and I think heaven every day for him, just like he is. Well, mostly. :) Take care, and happy gardening. Mary

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: How To Kill Over-winter Roses Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Dogs and Roses greenbrain 5 Dec 8, 2009 11:10 PM
Good for a laugh! HoosierGreen 2 Dec 7, 2009 6:35 AM
Do or Die joannabanana 3 Dec 10, 2009 4:31 PM
Make Those Roses Toughen Up cathylovesroses 4 Dec 10, 2009 4:27 PM
Rose love babybella 1 Dec 7, 2009 4:12 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America