Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Scrapbooking and Paper Crafts: Tim Holtz's 12 days of Christmas tags

Communities > Forums > Scrapbooking and Paper Crafts
bookmark
Forum: Scrapbooking and Paper CraftsReplies: 5, Views: 132
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Tau10
Federal Way, WA

December 8, 2009
3:27 PM

Post #7348398

So who here are making TIm Holtz's 12 days of Christmas tags? I don't have a lot of the supplies I need but I'm trying some of my own designs. They are beautiful though, but I can't justify the amount of money needed for stamps, and the heating tool I need etc. at least not until after Christmas. You can go here to find his blog and instructions to make them. These tags are from 2007.

Thumbnail by Tau10
Click the image for an enlarged view.

n2birds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN
(Zone 7a)

December 17, 2009
9:46 PM

Post #7377862

I want to thank you (NOT) for showing these to me. lol. Now I have gone and purchased 75% of the products to do these. I decided to do the ones that you showed above, except that I think those are listed as 2008. I am planning on making 4 sets of them for my 4 DD's families and doing something new and different for them for Christmas 2010 starting 12 days before. I wish more people had responded to your post, so I could learn some do's and don't's as I start mine. I won't begin until after the holidays though. Been very difficult to find all the supplies.
Tau10
Federal Way, WA

December 18, 2009
1:02 PM

Post #7379452

Go to Eclectic Paperie they have the tags and listed products to make each one. They are beautiful aren't they? I know I've been spending money on Tim's products, my kind of scrapbooking/art. I just made these two boxes. They will be used to store scrapbooking supplies. Let me tell you by the time I got through day #3 my cart was up to almost $400, so I bet it would cost about $1,000 for all 12. I decided to buy some once a month and when he does next yrs I'll be ready. I'm thinking about getting an extra small tree to hang them on.

Thumbnail by Tau10

n2birds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN
(Zone 7a)

December 18, 2009
2:21 PM

Post #7379599

Very nice job on the boxes.
I know about the $$. I need to slow down and maybe get thru 1 tag at a time, then worry about the supplies for the next one. Thanks for the info. on where to get the list of supplies needed. I will go and check that out. I have tried to make an excel ss myself, and it is taking me forever just to get thru 3 tags.
Its a shame I don't have a single thing of any of this stuff. Guess if I had been more familiar with Tim Holtz, I may have already had some.
Tau10
Federal Way, WA

December 21, 2009
6:26 PM

Post #7388287

n2, Thanks! I just discovered Tim's products, and boy has it been fun buying up new supplies. I took a year off, my creative mind went to sleep. I admit I'm not a girly scrapper, so having a guy out there making products I can relate to has awakened the sleeper! I've also been turned onto Artist Trading Cards, so I've been making those. Tim Holt. com has a site/blog and he has just released new information on new Distressing Ink pad colors, and has designed a new Sizzix machine with Die-cuts and embossing folders. So check it out, you won't be disappointed, there is also a yahoo group call AllThingsTim, I joined so I could share and chat with other people. Someone posted so helpfully (NOT) lol that Jo-ann's fabric was having a sale of Tim's products, cha ching, there went another $100, you can't beat 30-40% off. I also had to make a promise to my partner not to order anything more for awhile, or until I run out haha, so I guess I better get scrapping, the sooner I use it up the sooner I can order more. My BD is coming in 4 months, so if his new Die-cuts don't work with the old machine I'll have to put the new one on my wish list.

Here is a picture of my ATC's; I'm doing series of 10 travel cards where we have been, where I want to go. Then a series of 10 our our beloved feline Jaz whom passed on Jan 10, 2007.

Thumbnail by Tau10

n2birds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN
(Zone 7a)

December 23, 2009
3:12 AM

Post #7392158

Those cards are amazing ! It is just this time of year that I even have the desire to scrap. As soon as March gets here - I am in the yard most every free minute I have. Would love to be able to do both year-round. I'd love to go to those sites you mentioned - but you have me already in a heap of debt ! lol.

Wonder if his die's will work on the Big Kicks ?

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Scrapbooking and Paper Crafts Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Digital Scrapbooking 4xthefun 28 Nov 20, 2012 2:29 PM
How to...handmade cards? jh_gardens 37 Aug 22, 2009 12:50 AM
Anyone know how to make seed embedded paper, fancy and cute? branka 10 Apr 20, 2008 9:14 PM
Links for card designs?? ggd 9 Jul 29, 2008 1:53 PM
Card Making ggd 28 Apr 17, 2010 7:59 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America