Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Garden Shed: BCS 948 Tiller, anyone have one

Communities > Forums > Garden Shed
bookmark
Forum: Garden ShedReplies: 3, Views: 70
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
SeasonedWarrior
Fort Bragg, CA

December 10, 2009
2:06 AM

Post #7353936

I am considering buying a BCS 948 Tractor with the 33" tiller, anyone have any experience with BCS. I have a full size tractor for most of the heavy work but I need something for some of the smaller areas and when I just do partial work.

http://www.bcs-america.com/product.cqs

riceke

riceke
Snellville, GA
(Zone 7b)

December 28, 2009
1:51 PM

Post #7403674

Warrior...it's by far the best garden tiller on the market. In addition to tilling I used it as a transportation device by hooking it up to my tractor wagon. The only thing I caution you about it is that if you are tilling it in high speed and you hit a buried stump or boulder it will take you air born. It is a very powerful machine. Never had any troubles with it other than running into a tree and cracking the cover.
SeasonedWarrior
Fort Bragg, CA

January 4, 2010
6:25 PM

Post #7427128

Thanks: I've researched them a lot and settled on the brand and model without actually seeing one or talking to any owners. I really appreciate your input. There is nothing like first-hand experience when it comes to machinery.

Regards,
Chuck (AKA Seasoned Warriior)
docgipe
NORTH CENTRAL, PA
(Zone 5a)

April 8, 2010
7:26 AM

Post #7688934

There was one BCS in our family. It moved into the second generation and now the third is using it. The total cost of ownership was some parts and a rebuild after being used all these years. If I were a tiller person this is the one I most likely would wish to own.

Other members of my family are in the garden hoeing weeds nearly every evening. I was in my garden replacing or adding mulch maybe three hours a week. The very tiny bit I do now still comes down to growing through permanent mulch. Due to age and health I do most of my farming at the farmer's market today.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Garden Shed Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Quick-Disconnects for garden hoses? darius 18 Oct 5, 2007 8:07 PM
A Man and His Tractor LadibugZ9 16 May 12, 2007 6:29 PM
Tractor on it's way!!!! whooo-hoooo!!! cici77 16 Apr 26, 2008 9:24 PM
Old Reliable CountryGardens 49 Apr 16, 2010 8:20 AM
Your thoughts on a Mantis? Kell 122 Apr 16, 2012 5:53 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America