Photo by Melody

Article: Warm your Winter Holidays with the Spicy Scent of Cinnamon: Shaved Cinnamon

Communities > Forums > Article: Warm your Winter Holidays with the Spicy Scent of Cinnamon
bookmark
Forum: Article: Warm your Winter Holidays with the Spicy Scent of CinnamonReplies: 1, Views: 16
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
DianeEG
Galva, IL

December 12, 2009
2:07 PM

Post #7361330

I was sitting next to a young Chicago chef the other evening. He said he puts shaved cinnamon on his wood in his smoker. The smell is lightly infused on the meat. He was also steeping some in some grain alcohol which he then uses in cooking. He said the shaved was really great for these types of things. I'd never heard of getting it shaved. Out of the box and I'm betting really good ideas.

The smell of cinnamon brings me comfort, too. I put it in the coffee grounds basket when I "perk" hot cider. Thanks for your recipe.
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

December 12, 2009
2:33 PM

Post #7361374

What a great idea, to mull cider in your coffee maker!

The cinnamon "chunks" (tiny chips) that I get from Penzey's would probably work well in a smoker... and I know they're a nice addition in the coffee grounds basket!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Warm your Winter Holidays with the Spicy Scent of Cinnamon Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Oh, What a Fabulous Idea! DreamOfSpring 19 Dec 7, 2009 4:53 PM
Tea phicks 10 Dec 7, 2009 6:31 PM
Fun project Terry 10 Dec 12, 2009 2:41 AM
We are SO doing this Christmas Eve! BennysPlace 5 Dec 20, 2008 9:36 PM
I tried this recipe sewgirl 1 Dec 8, 2009 12:09 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America